Past Cody Hirst - delisted 2019

Welcome
Cody Hirst
Club: Eastern Ranges
Height: 178cm
Weight: 67kg
Position: Midfielder

Cody Hirst is a young midfielder with searing pace and an enormous endurance capacity. But although he primarily plays in the midfield, he can also bolster his side in a forward pocket or as a hard-running, rebounding defender. The 19-year-old was widely regarded one of the Eastern Ranges' most tantalising 2018 draft prospects, but knee and collarbone injuries sidelined him for the majority of the season. Hirst turned heads at the Rookie Me Combine late last year when he broke - not one, but twice - the agility record of Fremantle speedster Stephen Hill. The rising ball-winner has averaged 23.8 possessions per game in this year's NAB League.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-05-27/pick-16-cody-hirst

Champion Data rates Hirst elite for uncontested possessions and above average for ranking points, disposals, contested possessions, goals, score assists and tackles in 2019.

He’s been used on a wing this season, where the clever 180cm prospect has been his team’s most influential player on at least two occasions already and among the best in three other matches.

But insiders say he’s far more likely to be drafted as an agile forward-flanker rather than an out-and-out midfielder.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...s/news-story/827ecd5665b2cda5045fab5a0bbd1d8e

Last edited:
His (brief) highlights remind me of James Bell.

Not that that's a glowing endorsement or anything but I think we've increased our odds of success with that type of player. It can't hurt us to have two blokes in the reserves who are running machines that can also have a crack on the inside if need be. Surely one of them has to make it at AFL level!

whats with the ? in these titles

are we worried about fake birth certificates?
I do not know what jumper numbers they will be allocated.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

connolly

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2015
General Santos City, Mindanao
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
According to the story below he supports Melbourne and Nathan Jones is his favourite player. The Twitter photo of him from last year in a Swans scarf with Heeney is a good sign, hopefully means we've been seriously circling him for some time. Maybe Zak can be his new favourite.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...HdAxvgo7yTlyFCSIC-3rwMm5QC7uCrrXXwqIs5glTKVoI
Melbourne supporters are notoriously fickle. They had half of Melbourne following them in the late fifties. On a rough population projection with intergenerational tribal loyalty like a great club such as South they should have two and half million supporters today.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep, draftees rarely get to the team they supported and imagine their allegiances change pretty quickly. I was responding to the earlier post mentioning the photo of him in a Swans scarf. Red and white suits him.

Back