Past Cody Hirst - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That twitter footage put onto the Swans page with a bit of an interview and game footage. Initially not too happy with the pick given his size, but if he eats his way through the next year it could be another promising pick up taken with a super low pick like I hope Tucker will be. They both seem mad keen for it. Will be watching the NEAFL with interest.

https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2019-05-29/new-swan-cody-hirst

That twitter footage put onto the Swans page with a bit of an interview and game footage. Initially not too happy with the pick given his size, but if he eats his way through the next year it could be another promising pick up taken with a super low pick like I hope Tucker will be. They both seem mad keen for it. Will be watching the NEAFL with interest.

Suits a real need and that's linebreaking speed. It's worth the punt we have half a year to work with someone who would have been a top 20 draft pick last year without injury. Worth the gamble.

This fascination with weight really surprises me.

Not renewed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not renewed
I honestly don’t understand why the hell we selected this kid. I thought he showed potential but he was never going to play in the firsts last year. He’s tiny and could only be viewed as a longer term project player. What a waste of a pick.

I honestly don’t understand why the hell we selected this kid. I thought he showed potential but he was never going to play in the firsts last year. He’s tiny and could only be viewed as a longer term project player. What a waste of a pick.
Plenty of Rookie List players don't get beyond their first year. You pick them up because you are interested in what they can do, you get some time to look over them and make a more informed decision about their chances of making it to the AFL. Clearly the club didn't see enough in the six months he was at the club to warrant persisting with him. You have to remember that they get to see a lot more than we do, we only see them for a couple of hours on the weekend.

Plenty of Rookie List players don't get beyond their first year. You pick them up because you are interested in what they can do, you get some time to look over them and make a more informed decision about their chances of making it to the AFL. Clearly the club didn't see enough in the six months he was at the club to warrant persisting with him. You have to remember that they get to see a lot more than we do, we only see them for a couple of hours on the weekend.
I guess. Still I thought he was doing OK at NEAFL level. Maybe he showed other signs we didn't like but I'd thought he did enough to get another year.

Thats the Mid Season draft for you. Been saying all along its pointless.

Agree. The two underaged Academy boys played much than him in their taste of NEAFL. From a list management viewpoint we cannot have too many little fellas on the list and the two under agers seem sure to be picked up next year.

For me he's a bit unlucky but I didn't see a lot of the NEAFL this year as I has other things on. Our list needed some hard decisions.

For me he's a bit unlucky but I didn't see a lot of the NEAFL this year as I has other things on. Our list needed some hard decisions.

He had one blinder of a game and kicked 5 iirc, Otherwise he delivered a couple of par games and a lot of meh in the others.

Very quick but little else to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back