Cody Raak- NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel Raak has been forgotten about. I don't know where he is currently projected to be in the draft but I hope he's low enough so we can grab JUH and Raak with our picks. It will probably involve trading future first or second round picks.

Cody Raak
Western Jets/Vic Metro
8/10/2002 | 191cm | 77kg

While he might fall just under the genuine key position quota at 191cm, the Western Bulldogs NGA hopeful is one who plays the defensive role well. Having already turned out 11 times at NAB League level for the Western Jets, Raak is one of the more seasoned members of his region and provides a good deal of versatility to the potential Vic Metro back six. Raak is able to read the play well across the backline and intercept aerially, while also using the ball soundly when in possession and notching up a solid amount of disposals. He is working on his strength and one-on-one craft, but looms as an exciting third tall type going forward.

A Keath, Cordy, Raak, Williams, Crozier, Daniel/JJ backline sounds pretty good.

A Keath, Cordy, Raak, Williams, Crozier, Daniel/JJ backline sounds pretty good.
I thought it was reported that he was at 194cm? ah well.

Glad we have the opportunity to add two NGA kids. But it’s s**t we won’t get an opportunity to add anyone else to the list. Particularly a draft where there will be heaps of gems found late in the draft who haven’t had a chance to showcase their talents and be a senior year Bolter.

Glad we have the opportunity to add two NGA kids. But it’s sh*t we won’t get an opportunity to add anyone else to the list. Particularly a draft where there will be heaps of gems found late in the draft who haven’t had a chance to showcase their talents and be a senior year Bolter.

Getting a tall for each end through NGA is so ideal, and we know their capabilities much more than most other kids in their draft year. I'd rather two known quantities than the chance of a smokey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we have the opportunity to add two NGA kids. But it’s sh*t we won’t get an opportunity to add anyone else to the list. Particularly a draft where there will be heaps of gems found late in the draft who haven’t had a chance to showcase their talents and be a senior year Bolter.
Don't forget FS Ewan McPherson. Smaller defender/utility.

Projections are the draft peters out quickly (especially as draft bolters don't get a look in this year) and some are suggesting the number of players taken this year might be down to around 40 from ~65 most other years. Small chance both slip to the rookie draft

Don't forget FS Ewan McPherson. Smaller defender/utility.

Projections are the draft peters out quickly (especially as draft bolters don't get a look in this year) and some are suggesting the number of players taken this year might be down to around 40 from ~65 most other years. Small chance both slip to the rookie draft
With only vic country teams playing in the NAB League
A lot of players will be based off their 2019 seasons so might get Ewan as a rookie
Was meant to have big mins as a midfielder this season

With only vic country teams playing in the NAB League
A lot of players will be based off their 2019 seasons so might get Ewan as a rookie
Was meant to have big mins as a midfielder this season
Will there even be a rookie draft this year?

Will there even be a rookie draft this year?
From my understanding, there will be a rookie draft though he may be the day after the National
AFL is worried about the NGA system and a lot of players missing out due to bidding due to lack of active picks

Khamis is surely gone at end of year with Lachie Young and soon Cody Raak coming in

Khamis is gone lock it in but La Young could remain. What has Le Young done to warrant a spot?
Yeah I meant Lachie Young will stick around which pushes Khamis out.

I guess the club hopes Lewis Young will develop into a swingman? I don't know, I just wish they'd pick a spot (either KPD or KPF) and stick with it. He showed a lot of promise down back, could end up a decent backman if we stop stuffing around throwing him forward. Don't think he competes with Raak for a spot but who knows

Yeah I meant Lachie Young will stick around which pushes Khamis out.

I guess the club hopes Lewis Young will develop into a swingman? I don't know, I just wish they'd pick a spot (either KPD or KPF) and stick with it. He showed a lot of promise down back, could end up a decent backman if we stop stuffing around throwing him forward. Don't think he competes with Raak for a spot but who knows
Hope im wrong but i just get Schache/ace cordy vibes from Lew young. Has all the talent, just seems to me he lacks that physical grunt/ desire for the contest.

Hope im wrong but i just get Schache/ace cordy vibes from Lew young. Has all the talent, just seems to me he lacks that physical grunt/ desire for the contest.
I've had the same concerns too - it's why I don't think we can realistically have Schache and Young in the same side. Wouldn't be surprised to see Young forced out if Schache sticks around and we draft Raak

I've had the same concerns too - it's why I don't think we can realistically have Schache and Young in the same side. Wouldn't be surprised to see Young forced out if Schache sticks around and we draft Raak
I'd like to see young given an extended run in defence where he belongs and where we could actually need him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back