1576036115137.png

1576036125291.png

Western Jets

No -

Club - Caroline Springs

Height - 192cm

Weight - 78kg

DOB - 08-oct-2002

Cody is one of our NGA kids eligible for the 2020 draft, tall rebounding defender with good footskills on both sides of his body. We all get to watch his 2020 u18 year with interest.

this has probably been discussed in other threads, but what are people's thoughts on where and if we will have to match a bid on this young bloke? Appreciate it is a long way out from the 2020 draft.

Tak at this point is he's rated late first / second round, but there are so many teams with NGA prospects this year I hope he slides as there will be some handshake agreements behind the scenes.
Besides Liam Henry this year who was the best small forward in the draft pool (a position multiple clubs want to fill), every other FS and NGA kid was bid later than expected in 2019 and that trend should continue.

Tak at this point is he's rated late first / second round, but there are so many teams with NGA prospects this year I hope he slides as there will be some handshake agreements behind the scenes.
Besides Liam Henry this year who was the best small forward in the draft pool (a position multiple clubs want to fill), every other FS and NGA kid was bid later than expected in 2019 and that trend should continue.

if he's good it's just great to have the guaranteed access with the discount.

Just scanning through the early 2020 rankings on the draft board I'm not seeing a mention that early. A lot can change but I'm willing to bet he'll be available pretty late. Khamis was rated higher from memory and wasn't even bid on in the end.

There is no way the plastics don’t bid on our players just to pee us off imo

Fingers crossed he's 196cm by thistime next year
Late birthday, so definitely possible.
Even better if his growth spurt happens to start the day after the draft.
if he's good it's just great to have the guaranteed access with the discount.
Don't count on the discount just yet.
It'd be a harsh call at this late stage for the AFL to say no more discounts but they're quite capable of such bastardry.

Just scanning through the early 2020 rankings on the draft board I'm not seeing a mention that early. A lot can change but I'm willing to bet he'll be available pretty late. Khamis was rated higher from memory and wasn't even bid on in the end.
Khamis was rated at start of 2nd round. Made the U18 AA team too on a back flank. Didn't even get a bid. Ugle-Hagan I'm expecting a very early bid, but all the others could seriously slide which would be great for us

Like they did with West (Melbourne), Khamis (nobody), McPherson (Gold Coast) and Cordy (Fremantle)? Not sure what would suggest that GWS would bid on our players just to spite us considering they've literally never done it in the past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like they did with West (Melbourne), Khamis (nobody), McPherson (Gold Coast) and Cordy (Fremantle)? Not sure what would suggest that GWS would bid on our players just to spite us considering they've literally never done it in the past

players other teams are actually interested in

With what picks? They've wiped themselves out of the 2020 draft with their points deficit for Green. They'll have a fourth rounder at best.

With what picks? They've wiped themselves out of the 2020 draft with their points deficit for Green. They'll have a fourth rounder at best.
They no doubt plan to get themselves back into the draft when they trade out another bunch of former first round picks, as they seem to do most years.

Whether they are petty enough to use those picks to bid on our NGA players purely out of spite is another matter. That would be pretty short-sighted IMO as they are likely to have a lot of NGAs coming up in the next few years and a bidding war probably isn't in their best interests. I think they're smarter than that.

They no doubt plan to get themselves back into the draft when they trade out another bunch of former first round picks, as they seem to do most years.

Whether they are petty enough to use those picks to bid on our NGA players purely out of spite is another matter. That would be pretty short-sighted IMO as they are likely to have a lot of NGAs coming up in the next few years and a bidding war probably isn't in their best interests. I think they're smarter than that.
They have Greens brother next year too.. another first rounder

Of course, much of this discussion about NGAs is speculative because twelve months from now there may be much better options available at our picks. Having said that, it's great to be in a position where we have options to choose with the incentive of a discount or not to choose.
In the AFL, we trust! Irony intended.

Of course, much of this discussion about NGAs is speculative because twelve months from now there may be much better options available at our picks. Having said that, it's great to be in a position where we have options to choose with the incentive of a discount or not to choose.
In the AFL, we trust! Irony intended.
Marra is odds-on to come to us, fingers crossed Raak slides. Le Young plays a similar game to Raak by all accounts and he slid to the rookie draft.

The AFL will somehow work out a way to give them compo picks.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Gil gave them pick 1 as a reward for making finals again

Even better if his growth spurt happens to start the day after the draft.

Don't count on the discount just yet.
It'd be a harsh call at this late stage for the AFL to say no more discounts but they're quite capable of such bastardry.
i think the afl have already announced that ther can not be changes to the nga/ father son system brought in next yeear earliest possible changes are the year after i believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back