Media "Coffee with KohPhi" - A Season 26 Club preview * Roys reviewed*

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct.

No, not really... I think you probably missed the point of the comment. I mentioned "Season 23-24 The Filth Wizard who was not only the best at building a list at the time..." (a known league fact). The inference is quite clear that I would be going to a club (or me from two seasons back) to build it from scratch meaning it would be me and many other players joining, to settle the hard feelings for you.

It was actually a serious point though, I think teams that are successful have chemistry. The perpetual strugglers go on recruitment drives and I've noticed over the years many of them go for quantity, cheer that they brought in six rookies and none of them are sighted a season later (the only exception I think I've seen is the Bombers from a couple of seasons back). What sets a team up is a group that gels well... the quick fix, in this instance, is taking a trifecta from another club, instant chemistry. It's the ideal option, not necessarily a realistic one.
I completely got the point of your post...

I just thought it was an opportunity to fire a cheap shot at you. You know, get a few likes, score some cheap internet points.

But if you’re going to be all “measured, cogent, and analytical”, then I just don’t know why I bother.

Good stuff, and absolute agree that the Gumbies can only get better, especially when their highest vote getting in the MVP retired halfway though the season...

I completely got the point of your post...

I just thought it was an opportunity to fire a cheap shot at you. You know, get a few likes, score some cheap internet points.

But if you’re going to be all “measured, cogent, and analytical”, then I just don’t know why I bother.

When will we just be friends?

Coach is open to that..

It's the 'with benefits' that he still hasn't come to terms with yet.

I just think he needs somewhere to rest his weary head after a day trying to save the world.

Good stuff, and absolute agree that the Gumbies can only get better, especially when their highest vote getting in the MVP retired halfway though the season...

TBF been there done that, enjoyed my retirement as there was a sunset...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello folks and welcome to the second instalment of the "Coffee withKohPhi" list analysis series. Thanks to all who took the time out to read and comment on the Gumbies analysis, your feedback is always welcomed. Today, I am joined by regular round table panellists JoshWoodenSpoon.. hello again. Ant Bear.. I cant believe I agreed to this. The Filth Wizard.. Howdy K and new Demons Skipper Yakker.. Hello mud guts. Tonight we will be chatting about the list of the Coney Island Warriors.

The Warriors have been pretty low key so far this pre season not only from a recruitment perspective (from what we know) but generally around the Board. This may mean that they have been extremely stealthy in their recruitment targets or they just haven't given a *. I have read that Wooshette will be hosting the BnF this week as well as posting the Season 26 Team thread so there may be some news springing from that.

449166_b1341752989a68a26f8648ddad21823c.png

SEASON 25 SQUAD
Itsmyshow
1 candiehappy
3 Frankston Rover (VC)
4 zackah
5 Moo
7 BigJoeD_ (VC)
8 Wooshette (C)
9 comewhatmay
10 Raveneyes
12 craffles
13 Norm Landrover
16 Dips
22 Freofalcon
24 Packedlunch
26 Morganashlee
29 Reginald Perrin
35 Chappyuk
42 Lord_Flashheart
44 RedVest4
50 db swannie
53 BLERN (rookie)
57 BoshtrichBurger
80 Le Grille
316 Percel
88 David Schwarz
4444 DapperJong​

S.25 beez MVP Top 5 Club place getters

9 -
BLERN
21 - Wooshette
30 - Frankston Rover
41 - BigJoeD_
61 -Dapperjong

BLERN will be a big loss to the Warriors in my view. The only poster who was pushing towards the pointy end of the beez elite, his continued growth and presence around the League would have been a bonus for the Warriors who, in my view, seem to have lagged behind as a club in general League activity over the past couple of seasons.
However, the quality of their top end posting talent is still present with club stalwarts all thereabouts within the Top 50.

List Health and Overall strength as a posting unit

Ok, kick off proceedings Filthy, how do you see the Warriors list from a club posting perspective?
The Warriors have always been a strong unit but more so, a tight knit unit. Warriors players very rarely leave the fold to play elsewhere and there's a real family vibe in the club, albeit a family of hard campaigners.
Its a really good point Filth, since my first season in S.21, the list has pretty much remained the same, sure a couple have left but they do seem to go back more often than not so that is a good sign of the Culture that in my time, Wooshette and FR have installed.

They are mostly made up of Bay posters so they know each others style. They also don't get triggered too easily as the Sweet FA is a tad more sedate than the Bay. Fair point Yak although I could argue my Bomber brothers TheCoach16 and Tony Lynn 15 have succeeded a couple of times!
To be fair, Coach and TL can have that effect on posters other than the Warriors you know.. anyway, the Warriors seem to have a reasonable spread of posters contributing nicely. Could use some heftier participants, perhaps one or two that are a different speed and style to what they have.
You're right JWS, there is a sameness around many of the posters at the club. The club as a whole reminds me of my dearly departed Uncle Tony. He was an old Painter and Docker who lived in Port Melbourne in the 70's before moving to Sydney and to say he was quite 'feared' was an understatement. However, to his family, he was a just "Uncle Tony" who lived by himself, had lemon chicken and potatoes every night for dinner, along with 5 Melbourne Bitter stubbies and would go to bed at 9.45pm on the dot. Like the Warriors, he had a 'hard' image and was consistent.
Yeah cool story Koh, in the end the Warriors strength as a posting unit is that they are experienced banterers who know each other's style back the front.
So lets talk about some of these posters. Filthy, who do you rate as their elite?
Wooshette, Frankston Rover, BigJoeD are their big three with DapperJong, Nakia and zackah not too far behind.
I have to agree Filthy, I'd also add Itsmyshow, Freofalcon, candiehappy to the list that sit just below their top three.

No complaints from me with the Big Three (Woosh, Jodie and Frankie). And I, although I think Wooshette is their only elite poster with the others a rung below.
I cant believe no-one has mentioned Freofalcon . Id rate him along with Woosh and Dapper when on song as one of their best posters. Morganashlee and comewhatmay are also quality posters on their day.

So overall, the Warriors go into Season 26 very much the same as they went into Season 25 with an extremely solid core of six or seven posters that all understand each others posting styles and are very similar in the way they present in match threads. This is where BLERN would have been an excellent point of difference. More on that later on in KohPhi's Questions.

Need to lift and Rising Star

Ant Bear, who do you think needs to lift to help the Warriors maintain a strong presence in S.26? Craffles.
.....ok, would you like to expand on that. No. umm cool.
Le Grille, ChappyUK, BoshtrichBurger all need to lift in my opinion. All quality posters who seem to have lost their way.
See I look at it differently, I think DapperJong and zackah need to lift.

That an interesting perspective JWS, these two are quality posters, so by taking a bigger responsibility in match thread posting and general activity around the League, they could elevate themselves to elite status. See friends.. THIS is why this man is the beez Medallist!
Lets not forget craffles and RedVest4
Is craffles even a thing still?? Ok, what about the Warriors Rising Star? My natural selection would have been BLERN, who else on the list (as it currently stands) would fit this mantle?
Percel..

Percel..
Percel..

not sure they have any new signings. Where is Woosh anyway?
I must admit, I haven't taken too much notice of Percel, but this esteemed panel rate him highly, so Ill definitely keep an eye out for him/her.

Areas of improvement

So where can this list improve? As mentioned, a solid core of experience campaigners who play to the club culture extremely well.
BLERN will be a big loss, he ran the show as far as all round prominence but did it in a way that didn't seem spammy. They need fresh blood that can emulate this. Yep, BLERN will be a huge loss.

Really not sure how they are placed with new blood over the off season. Haven't heard much from their leadership group this off season. Maybe they have kept it all low key and are about to explode?? I'm sure they will trawl the Bay for a couple of rookies
They need to move away from the Bay and branch out into different domains of recruitment and building on and solidifying gains from S25.

Ideal recruit

So lets put our thinking caps on again. Who do you think they could recruit to help strengthen their club from a posting perspective? Remembering that they are an active Club so it shouldn't necessarily be a poster who is going to notch up 100 posts per game.
They could do worse than targeting more league stalwarts... they have IMS, Nakia and FR but there could be a real old school mentality if they tried to bring in guys like okeydoke7, beez and Wise Guy Sam - some old heads that might enjoy mixing together. Ahhh beez.. what a legend. He would fit in perfectly with the Warriors. Its an interesting thought TFW. You're saying that they have an identified strength with the types of posters at the club and they should look at additions that will build on this. It makes sense.
I think The Filth Wizard would be an ideal recruit. Yep, there seems to be a certain synergy around that prospect, a poster with similar traits to the Warriors best but a stronger presence and personality around the League. Tantalising.

Yakker but they can't have me. They are going to miss BLERN that's for sure so I think another similar high volume poster should be a priority. Maybe this new kdavva74 should have gone there?
I'm following along Yakker's plan, I think PhenomenalV1 would be an ideal recruit. Gee, I don't think they'd take to his s**t media very well.

Trade bait

So lets add a bit of fantasy to this discussion (see what I did there) and pretend that there is a trade period in the SFA and the Warriors wanted to target a Yakker, kdavva74, PhenomanalV1 etc, to strengthen their list. Remembering that they have a strong core of similar minded posters, who would they be able to part with to try and entice a club to trade?
As mentioned, nobody really leaves the Warriors (at least for good). Of the 'lifers', zackah is the one that might find some joy at a club like the Hawks (hint).
C'mon Filthy, focus on the job at hand and leave the use of this thread as a recruitment tool to me thank you. Sorry not sorry.
I think Le Grille would be a decent recruit if they could get him interested again. Yeah I rated Le Grille when he was... I forget. But the name change seems to have robbed him of his presence.
The Warriors may want to offer up someone like DapperJong for the entire Furies outfit? That's funny. Thoughts NaturalDisaster
Freofalcon has serviceable numbers, but offers much of the same. Could represent something of interest to clubs who need to conjure some volume.

KohPhi's Questions...

Excellent review gentleman, I think we are all in agreement that the Warriors have a solid club culture where posters tend to stay for long periods of time, or leave for a bit and return. This then becomes a major strength in the list as each of the core posters has an intimate knowledge on how each other posts and they compliment each other beautifully. They are well led by Wooshette who genuinely has an affection for all of her players and they reciprocate in kind.

Wooshette is standing down as Skipper again with FR taking the reigns. This didn't seem to work in S.24 so what will be different in S.26?
Frankston Rover is a legend of the SFA but his last stint as Skipper left a lot to be desired. Time will tell.

Will the loss of BLERN be substantial blow to the Warriors?

Its not often a rookie makes Top 10 in the beez in their first season but my sources tell me there are a couple who, whilst I wont use the word 'glad', they were not too fussed to see him move.

Will the Warriors sail out of the bay and look for recruits elsewhere arounf the world of Bigfooty?
Meh.. its worked for them in the past, why change a good thing.. Good on them I say!

That's it for another instalment of "Coffee with KohPhi" List analysis edition for the time being. Thanks again to our panel of SFA experts for their time tonight. Stay tuned for the next instalment where we will dissect the playing list of the Royals and the Demons.

Good night folks!

Last edited:
tumblr_lxv8pztCQp1qc3geoo1_1280.gif

Chappyuk plays for the Furies now.

A couple will slip through the cracks at this time of the season. Once S.26 team lists are finalized it will be more accurate.

> be me
> See season preview
> Search name
> 0 results
> Smash screen

> Post on phone

See I look at it differently, I think DapperJong and zackah need to lift.
Go * yourself :mad:
As mentioned, nobody really leaves the Warriors (at least for good). Of the 'lifers', zackah is the one that might find some joy at a club like the Hawks (hint).
:hearts:

Can you do a relevant team please KohPhi I've never heard of either of these teams...

The "Coffee with KohPhi" list analysis is an unbiased appraisal of every club's list by the posting elite of the SFA and I will NOT be influenced by your childish requests...

(PM me who you want reviewed next)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back