Remove this Banner Ad

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
Haven’t bit the bullet on a machine yet.. a local cafe around the corner from me is selling aero presses in the shop for $50. If I want to make a basic coffee at home is it a good investment? Or is it gonna taste no different to moccona coffee in a cup with hot water and milk?
I love my aeropress - I bought a second one for the office after enjoying my press at home so much.

Can echo the sentiments above about the roast. Medium (or even light) roasts work well in them, dark roasts less-so.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I love my aeropress - I bought a second one for the office after enjoying my press at home so much.

Can echo the sentiments above about the roast. Medium (or even light) roasts work well in them, dark roasts less-so.
Is it worth buying an aeropress and milk frother seperate to make flat whites at home and have it similar to cafe quality? I don’t drink straight espresso’s.

Big Cox 88

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Is it worth buying an aeropress and milk frother seperate to make flat whites at home and have it similar to cafe quality? I don’t drink straight espresso’s.
You won't get a flat white from an aeropress. It doesn't produce espresso based coffees well.

Borough Blood

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
What’s your budget? Get a breville dual boiler price matched to $1000 from your nearest retailer.

I know that I harp on about this machine and I have nothing to do with breville. It’s literally the best bang for Buck machine on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was hoping to only spend 500ish, knowing that I'll drop 1.5-2 when I get a semi-auto.

Engimal v3

AAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAgoblins insIDe me getAAAAHHH AHHH
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania

Engimal v3

Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
Haven’t bit the bullet on a machine yet.. a local cafe around the corner from me is selling aero presses in the shop for $50. If I want to make a basic coffee at home is it a good investment? Or is it gonna taste no different to moccona coffee in a cup with hot water and milk?
If you're going to go an actual espresso machine (e.g. Bamino Plus, linked to above), it'll absolutely sh*t all over instant coffee. You'll get cafe quality coffee with no skill, and in the time it takes to boil the kettle.

I sound like a fu**in sales rep with the last 2 posts lol, but I can't stress how good the machine is.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you're going to go an actual espresso machine (e.g. Bamino Plus, linked to above), it'll absolutely sh*t all over instant coffee. You'll get cafe quality coffee with no skill, and in the time it takes to boil the kettle.

I sound like a fu**in sales rep with the last 2 posts lol, but I can't stress how good the machine is.
I saw your post and just checked marketplace and there’s a brand new one in box for $250. Have enquired. Will need a grinder too though.

Engimal v3

Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania
I saw your post and just checked marketplace and there’s a brand new one in box for $250. Have enquired. Will need a grinder too though.
I have the Breville Smart grinder, but there's cheaper out there. Or you could just buy coffee grounds.

tangolikelama

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad