Banter Coffee

Remove this Banner Ad

Plastic pods are a disaster.

Nespresso are aluminium. I remove the grounds and use them in the garden to keep snails away from plants.

The shells can be recycled.

Pretty sure American style uses a drip system with filter. Not bad for bigger cups.

Then you have the good old Italian percolator... which is much stronger than filtered. This what is known as a Mika pot. Dead easy to use.

Depends on your preference.

What I like about the pods is the variety and freshness.

You're better off having beans and grinding them instead of ground coffee packs because when you open the pack, it goes stale pretty quickly.

When we go camping I always take the Bialetti pot.

I used to be on the pods, but I went off them due to cost mostly.

I have a fully automatic espresso machine now, worth the initial outlay IMO. Not as good as a proper machine but makes a decent cup.

I'd be interested in trying a Moka pot. I've never had one and never really known how to use one.

I reckon my favourite coffee in the world is the American style pot, the round Perspex or glass jug with a big handle that sits on a warmer and you see waitresses in American movies topping up customers with. I've had that a few times here and there and it's the best for me for an everyday thing... though sometimes, you just need a very strong, full crema'd Melbourne style coffee.

It's filtered coffee right, that American number? How would you make that at home? I love the fact it has zero grains and seems to have a consistent flavour wherever I've had it, most recently, in a pub one morning here in Ireland.
It's just got this great middle of the road taste, that is almost so bland it's beautiful. I'd suck that stuff down all day long and s**t like a lumberjack. Wait, already said that.

Can just buy a machine like this I think. I also enjoy drip/filter coffee.

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/breville-12-cup-drip-filter-coffee-machine-bcm600

Plunger coffee is OK if you get a coarser grind, if you just get a finer grind it can get gritty.

Mokas are easy, but I prefer the stuff out of a machine personally. I take a Moka when I stay at a holiday house etc.

I loved living there at the northern beaches. But no-one wants to fly that far for a beach. For example , victoria has some great beaches, ( no not StKilda beach ).
Not so much touristy stuff near the city.
Things like wave rock. s**t i didn't even make the trek there when i lived there.
I had a cousin live in Hyden (wave rock) for years , the only good thing about the place was that their footy club were "the Saints". Tiny population , unless you're talking mosquito's. In the middle of nowhere , and to think Nat Fyfe and Mark Bairstow are from Lake Grace , a 100km's further out. Poor Bastards.

Father in law will be less cranky today.

My son thinks he's a full on Croat so follows them, he got up early to watch a live stream before school. They have a few good players at the moment, look a fair bit more likely than Australia right now.

Hey Quixote
Nespresso have just brought out a new machine $250 that makes American style coffee the pods are about 3 to 4 times bigger than the usual ones. I do not like it but I do not like American stYale coffee. It is too watery for me

Like the lavazza a modo mio pods myself, prefer the percolator but takes too long in the morning when I just want to get out of the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts and prayers...

Little campaigner is like some ultra nationalist nightmare. I'm a ******* leftie pacifist and he's like some mutant, macho, jock nutter. Genetic throw back I guess. Some girl at school dobbed him in and he's plotting taking her down by waiting until she steps out of line and dobbing back. I asked him why he's being vengeful and he said he Croatian so it's in his genes. I try to tell him he's only a half caste but he cracks it. Hangs with his Greek mate and they call themselves the wogs.

Hey Quixote
Nespresso have just brought out a new machine $250 that makes American style coffee the pods are about 3 to 4 times bigger than the usual ones. I do not like it but I do not like American stYale coffee. It is too watery for me

Thanks for the tip mate.

Where were you getting s**t coffee in Italy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a few in out of the way places but found a few good ones in Rome and Bologna. Melbourne coffee is just stronger and better as a general rule I found.

Had a few in out of the way places but found a few good ones in Rome and Bologna. Melbourne coffee is just stronger and better as a general rule I found.
Yep in Italy you still find a lot of places using robusta beans. The coffee is well made but the bean is terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back