Personal Experience Coincidences in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Or metallic gold like my first car.

1979+Toyota+Corona+Liftback+Luxury+Edition.jpg

This is trippy. The car I did my probationary license test in was one of these Toyota coronas. An xx version as well with the factory Toyota alloys. Would have had the 2l starfire engine, which were just 173 blue holden sixes with two cylinders cut off.

Had 4 doors, 4 wheels and windows, just like that one. same headlights, grill, bumper.

:eek: What a coincedence?

but it was green, cincemella green...and a sedan

This is trippy. The car I did my probationary license test in was one of these Toyota coronas. An xx version as well with the factory Toyota alloys. Would have had the 2l starfire engine, which were just 173 blue holden sixes with two cylinders cut off.

Had 4 doors, 4 wheels and windows, just like that one. same headlights, grill, bumper.

:eek: What a coincedence?

but it was green, cincemella green...and a sedan

It was a campaigner of a car, like most toyotas it was reliable but it had all the manouvreability of a russian tank.

It had all the great fearures of a 1980 model saloon, impractical velour lounge seats, push button radio that played mainly Fleetwood Mac or Steely Dan and an air conditioning unit that sapped all the strength in the engine so I nearly ended up in collisions trying to cross the street when I activated it.

It's the sort of car Ron Burgundy probably would've driven back in the day.

When I was in grade one, I changed schools from Seville Primary (50 km from Melbourne CBD) to Quarry Hill Primary (near the Bendigo CBD). My then current teacher at Seville Primary and my new teacher at Quarry Hill were both called Mrs Williams.

especially when it first kicked in. It would've taken about an hour or two before this microdot kicked in, cost us 50 bucks which was a lot of money when you're a povo uni student and we were thinking we'd been ripped off because nothing was happening at first but they'd come highly recommended from our dope dealer.

Good mescaline comes on strong. The first hour is all waiting. Then about halfway through the second hour you start cursing the creep who burned you because nothing's happening. then......... zang.

One day in the early 2000s, I went to the Melbourne State Library to do some research into Peter Hudson's Tasmanian football career. To do so, I began scouring through microfilm of the "Hobart Mercury" newspaper from the mid 1970s. I began by working my way through numerous back pages in order to read the weekly team selections and weekend results. In looking through a copy dated July 11, 1975, I saw, on the very last page an article featuring a photo of my dad, which highlighted his visit to Tassie as part of his employment with the International Saddlery Company (which related, sporting wise, to show jumping).

I just had one

I was reading to see how Wigan were travelling in the Europa League, as you do, as I was wikiing I've selected links on 4 or 5 other minnow clubs whose name intrigued me, one being Airbus UK Broughton.

I then checked out where it was on the google maps, followed the area, followed the Welsh-English border, checked a few more links on the history of the airfield, fascinating stuff.

So I've had enough and wandered off to watch the TV and what's on SBS, a documentary on WWII aircraft made at Broughton.

Wellington Bomber

One autumn weekend, early in World War Two at an aircraft factory at Broughton in North Wales, a group of British workers, men and women, set out to break the world record for building a Wellington bomber from scratch.​

It was a Syd of a car, like most toyotas it was reliable but it had all the manouvreability of a russian tank.

It had all the great fearures of a 1980 model saloon, impractical velour lounge seats, push button radio that played mainly Fleetwood Mac or Steely Dan and an air conditioning unit that sapped all the strength in the engine so I nearly ended up in collisions trying to cross the street when I activated it.

It's the sort of car Ron Burgundy probably would've driven back in the day.

This was my old mans car. We lived in the bush, dirt roads that turned to mud in the winter. I belted piss out of this car, including on tidal beaches and tracks. With 14's, it actually handled quite well, held a slide and you could rely on the brakes in the most tricky of positions. Gutless it was, especially the more it got caned.However it took a belting. One problem because it was green with a lighter green velour interior was you couldn't see the buds you spilled loading a cone while driving on the highway with no lights on a bright moonlit night.

The mate who spent most of time in the passenger seat or another car chasing me,and i, well we've been through some cars and we have respect for these half Holden half Toyota ..

After the first engine was finished I convinced my father to let our mechanic mate rebuild it, little did dad know he paid for a mild cam,high compression pistons and bigger jets in a bigger carby. It went harder, but didn't last as long.

With what this car did, ACA would have 4 complete years worth of hoon stories, every episode of every week.

Good mescaline comes on strong. The first hour is all waiting. Then about halfway through the second hour you start cursing the creep who burned you because nothing's happening. then......... zang.

That microdot took a while to hit but when it hit yeah it hit f***ing hard like a wave and then we were swept up and literally on a trip for a good 7 or 8 hours.

RHCP's Californication is in my top 10 albums of all time, it really sums up the acid trip brotherhood vibe if ever there was one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D
These days a bag lasts me a month, so when I get a bad deal I hate the basterd for way to long..

never even had mescaline. it's on the list. just saw a good opportunity to quote the great hunter s. 2 years since i touched psychedelics. brain needed a well earned rest. provided all goes well i will be coming out of my sabbatical over the summer. i need another drink. for some reason breaking bad is not doing it for me tonight.

On February 7, 1985, whilst sleeping, I dreamt that the famous crooner Matt Monro had died. Upon waking up, one of the first things I heard on the morning news was that Matt Monro had indeed died overnight. Thus, for a brief quantity of seconds, I thought I had played some freaky role in his demise.

When I was in grade 5, I was watching a Test match between Australia and Pakistan on telly with some friends. Sarfraz Nawaz was batting, and had helped put on over 50 for the eighth wicket. My mates and I were getting impatient with no wickets falling, and at a certain point I began gazing out the window. Having seen me do this, one of my friends yelled, "He's out!"
I turned to the TV but it was all a joke which sucked me in, as Sarfraz had survived again. But the very next ball, as we all paid attention to the tube, big Sarf was dismissed.

I know two women named Dianne who have some interesting similarities, though they have never met.

They both have the double N spelling of their Christian name, both have green eyes, both are left handed, and both were born on April 13, 1967.

Can someone explain to me how deja vu works
You're going thru a moment, it kind of slows down, and you start remembering that that moment has happened before. Things play out exactly as they happen.

Imo, it's not remembering....but foreseeing. I believe when a deja vu happens what really is happening is that for some unknown reason, your mind steps out of the conscious dimension and starts using a percentage of the brain we don't normally use. Foreseeing things.

I have a deeper theory about why there's even foreseeing that happens. I'll explain in another post....

You're going thru a moment, it kind of slows down, and you start remembering that that moment has happened before. Things play out exactly as they happen.

Imo, it's not remembering....but foreseeing. I believe when a deja vu happens what really is happening is that for some unknown reason, your mind steps out of the conscious dimension and starts using a percentage of the brain we don't normally use. Foreseeing things.

I have a deeper theory about why there's even foreseeing that happens. I'll explain in another post....

OMG - this has nothing to do with the content of your last post, rather the time it was posted.. . t'was the eleventh hour AND the eleventh minute (and even the eleventh month!)! How freaky was THAT!! Coincidence - Or not????? :)

OMG - this has nothing to do with the content of your last post, rather the time it was posted.. . t'was the eleventh hour AND the eleventh minute (and even the eleventh month!)! How freaky was THAT!! Coincidence - Or not????? :)
I'm pretty sure I posted the exact same post at the exact same time back in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back