Personal Experience Coincidences in life

Remove this Banner Ad

I started a thread some time ago called baader meinhoff phenonomen but in a different forum. I've noticed recently it's been moved here. Merging the two might help. But the phenomenon is noted as above.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

No wonder accidents happen.

A number of times I leave home at 5.30am and upon backing my car out nearly run into people out walking. As soon as I drive out and along my street there is no other sole around other than the one walking across my drive at that instant

or when I'm jogging and on a lonely stretch of track and coming the other way is a couple walking and further back another jogger - yep, the 3 of us meet at the same point on the track as we all slow to get past each other.

My partner thought she had an ear infection. She would normally go to her old doctor which is 30 mins away but this time picked a random local doctors clinic and asked for any doctor.

As she was going through her symptoms the doctor asked to feel her jaw. It then turns out she has a jaw that can easily go out of place and that she is sprained her jaw. He knew the symptoms straight away because he suffers from the same thing!!

Pretty coincidental for me so I thought I would add it. Just happened to go to a random doctor who, because of their own experience, knew how to treat it straight away.

When I was a kid I had 'The Simpsons' premonitions - I would have a vision of the Simpsons episode that would be on that night, this happened at least once a week.
Pretty ******* useful superpower.
When I was 13/14 I dreamt a cricket score that happened the following day (England bowled out for 77) in my dream I saw 9/74. Turned it on at that point in the game at my mates place and my jaw just dropped!

My partner thought she had an ear infection. She would normally go to her old doctor which is 30 mins away but this time picked a random local doctors clinic and asked for any doctor.

As she was going through her symptoms the doctor asked to feel her jaw. It then turns out she has a jaw that can easily go out of place and that she is sprained her jaw. He knew the symptoms straight away because he suffers from the same thing!!

Pretty coincidental for me so I thought I would add it. Just happened to go to a random doctor who, because of their own experience, knew how to treat it straight away.

You need to go easy on her with the deep throating :D

Without meaning to be a killjoy you often find that coincidences can be explained by confirmation bias.

For instance you might have seen a side car but not thought about it, but once you mention to your mate you haven't seen one in ages then you'll notice the next time you see one.

The song one is hard to explain, I find it happens to me quite a bit of the time. I always think they must send out parts of the next song at ~5% volume of the current song, but that just sounds stupid.

While I agree for the most part, things like motorbikes with sidecars are so rare, that you KNOW when you've seen one. You see one, and your like, cool, motorbike with a side car. It's the type of thing where you're fairly aware the last time you saw a motorbike with a side car, so that's a fair instance imo.

Just had this on the weekend. Was chatting to a team mate at cricket. Turns out in the past week or so we've both bought new cricket pants, an identical lawnmower (same model but from different places), and an identical garden shed (same colour and shop.)

I guess advertising really works

I see 11:11am/pm all the time.

Or at least I notice it more than the other times I check the time.
11.11 deserves its own thread, its a worldwide phenomenon..I've got a couple of good stories about it in our family..not so much me but my sister has had 11.11 in her life for a long time.

New a guy from work who was a heroin user who lived in Sth. Yarra and I hadn't seen him for the best part of two years.
I was on the ferry from the U.K. to France and was chatting to my travel buddy and somehow I got around to relating a story about this person.
As I was talking about him, I looked across from me to see him standing at a bar just across from me.

At that instance I though I must have been having some serious LSD flashback.........but no........it was him. What are the odds?

It's the third anniversary of my Mum's passing this week and I just walked into the supermarket to hear them playing the song from her funeral. That's not the coincidence (because it's still two days away from the date) but it reminded me of something that happened last year.

I bought this hibiscus plant about three years ago and it had never once flowered. Then I woke up on what would have been my Mum's birthday and it was sporting a massive yellow flower that had sprung up overnight. One year on and it has never flowered again.

somewhat related to the clock thing but over the last month or so i am constantly finding myself waking up about 5-10-15 minutes before my alarm. this would be normal if i set my alarm for the same time every day but i set my alarm at different times, often as much as 2 hours difference during the week, and at it gets set at very random times on the weekend.

Happens to me a lot too, and at different times like you say.

I read a theory once that with practice you can train yourself to wake at whatever time you want, and that by consciously setting your alarm clock for a certain time you are also subconsciously setting your internal body clock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New a guy from work who was a heroin user who lived in Sth. Yarra and I hadn't seen him for the best part of two years.
I was on the ferry from the U.K. to France and was chatting to my travel buddy and somehow I got around to relating a story about this person.
As I was talking about him, I looked across from me to see him standing at a bar just across from me.

At that instance I though I must have been having some serious LSD flashback.........but no........it was him. What are the odds?
Maybe you had spotted him, but only registered it sub-conciously triggering memories of him. The mind is a wierd beast.

I was watching the 2010 V8supercars round at Symmons Plains and one of the Bundaberg racing cars had a big off and for some later that night I had a feeling there would be a massive crash at the next round (Sandown), there was. Will Davison and Michael Caruso had a huge crash at the end of the back straightaway, Davisons car got about 5-6 feet of air and just about flipped. I was amazed and confused about this. The next round was Sydney, and again I had another feeling that there would be a massive pile up. Nek minute, the top 16 cars all hit the wall at once, giant pile up. I was so amazed about this again, it was just so weird to be right about this 2 times in a row.

I don't always glance over to the clock on my laptop but when I do I swear the time is almost always 9:11. It ******* scares the s**t out of me. It's like as soon as it turns 9:11 my eyes glance over to the clock. Or maybe it's because I take note of the time (i.e 9/11 terrorist attacks) and it just sticks in my head more than other times.

No wonder accidents happen.
A number of times I leave home at 5.30am and upon backing my car out nearly run into people out walking. As soon as I drive out and along my street there is no other sole around other than the one walking across my drive at that instant

So what can be deduced by that is that people go for a walk around 5:30am each morning.

I don't always glance over to the clock on my laptop but when I do I swear the time is almost always 9:11. It ******* scares the s**t out of me. It's like as soon as it turns 9:11 my eyes glance over to the clock. Or maybe it's because I take note of the time (i.e 9/11 terrorist attacks) and it just sticks in my head more than other times.
I get this.

4:34 is another one I always see. Has happened ever since Australia made a then world record 434 in a one dayer, only to get beaten by South Africa. Have seen it ever since

My dad and I were spectator Marshall's at the first two Bathurst 24 hour races in the early 00's. At around 2am we were standing just down the hill from the top of skyline when my dad says "wouldn't it be funny if a car came down the hill, locked up the brakes and went straight into the wall", I kid you not, the very next car that appeared did exactly that, Gobsmacked my dad followed with "uh, it would be even funnier if the next car did the same and ran into the back of this one", sure enough the very next car did exactly that!

Strange moment!

What did he wish for next?!?
Nothing unfortunately, from that point we started doing our jobs and managed the 20 or so people that were there... Lol. (Normally I was a flag Marshall but for this event I was a spectator Marshall... Just few spectators).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back