AussieFTW

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon
In other threads on this site there have been rumours about Melbourne simply not playing Scully because of his signing with us, and that the injuries he is supposed to have are a fabrication..

I'm not saying that's the case, but I've noticed Andew Welsh from Essendon is also constantly out of their side due to injury, apparently, which lead me to think maybe there's a possibility he's coming to the Giants too.

Scully would be a great player for the Giants, but there's no guarantee he's going to be a really good player, he's only just played one season and is only slightly older than our current players.. Welsh on the other hand is near the end of his career.. He's a decent tagger, a good leader, and his strength and experiance would be quite valuable to our side, but he's certainly not a match-winner either. Probably more use than Fraser is at the Suns though.

Would not be surprised if that was the case with Scully at all. Especially given how he apparently has had issues regarding the clubs poor culture and would not be surprised if how James McDonald was treated last year got him thinking if thats how this club treats someone who has given there heart and soul to the Melbourne footy club then why would I want to stay. If nothing else the Mcdonald situation would of made it clear that footy is a bussiness and he needs to look after himeself and also he needed to be in team that has a topline coach which both Kevin Sheedy and Mark Williams are, while on the otherhand Dean Bailey is clearly an amateur coach.

Pretty bad if Melbourne don't play him, he would still give 100% each week regardless of where he is playing next year.

sorry let me rephrase,

what is there to be gained by melbourne not playing scully because of him going to gws, yet not telling anyone about it

and what is there to be gained by scully for not going to the media to complain of his mistreatment, if indeed that is the case

i mean he isn't even playing vfl

The main thing it takes the press out as an issue in regard to headlines like - 'scully deserting demons'. Which in turn could add more pressure to a rather young team who may not be able to handle the attention.

As for Scully himself he might just be happy to move on now that his playing future is sorted and as such has no interest in going to the media.

i can understand the club not wanting to go public, but the inevitable backlash of the supporter base when it eventually comes out that the club one, knew about scully leaving and two, lied about his injury... it would be a big risk by the club to go down that road

not playing scully also significantly diminishes any compensation we will get for him

scully would not want to miss a season of afl football, gws would not want scully to miss a season of afl football

a full vfl season at best would be the minimum for gws to allow scully to tell melbourne he is leaving

i don't see him leaving, it may happen and if it does i won't hold it against him, 1 mil+ a year could be very hard to say no to for some people, but i'll support him until (if it does) the penny drops

i can understand the club not wanting to go public, but the inevitable backlash of the supporter base when it eventually comes out that the club one, knew about scully leaving and two, lied about his injury... it would be a big risk by the club to go down that road

not playing scully also significantly diminishes any compensation we will get for him

scully would not want to miss a season of afl football, gws would not want scully to miss a season of afl football

a full vfl season at best would be the minimum for gws to allow scully to tell melbourne he is leaving

i don't see him leaving, it may happen and if it does i won't hold it against him, 1 mil+ a year could be very hard to say no to for some people, but i'll support him until (if it does) the penny drops

True, but they maybe in the mind set why should we put another year of development into the bloke given that will just make him a better player for gws. Anyway at the moment its all conjecture.

True, but they maybe in the mind set why should we put another year of development into the bloke given that will just make him a better player for gws. Anyway at the moment its all conjecture.

True that - it is all conjecture..
At any rate I just think Scully is too young and inexperienced to be a target.. As good as his potential is, getting experienced players who knows what it takes to win big games, and really know all about the hard work and team building would be better..

Going to be able to draft players already as good as / close to Scully with our first picks, need to be targeting experience and size from the other clubs not potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back