Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Lorne 14 goal winners over Alvie would have surprised all I would imagine. Clancy kicks 6 in his first game which would suggest the mail on him was spot on. With Lee Hollmer, Tully and Alford in the mid field and Jack Hollmer to return for finals where do they sit now in the finals pecking order??:rolleyes:
the margin is larger than it should have been. the match was over at half time and the sting was out of it then. Alvie brang players off and put players in positions out of the way but lorne were impressive all the same. while clancy kicked 6 i think, not all that impressive and carried on like a WF at times. Alford is probably the biggest sheepdog i have ever had the displeasure of watching, didnt go within 50m of a pack all day. Tully was good without being superb and lee hollmer was good as always. i hope they beat warra in the final again.

BAYSIGHTER

Rookie
Mar 18, 2008
forrest
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
fgvg
Big win by the bay with 4 of there key players out, massive effort keep up the good work boys. Huge game this week against Lorne down there will be a huge test. Hey Boom how does Lorne's new recruit Clancy go? did he play out of the square? strong mark? or more of a lead up type player? Have heard huge wraps on him but yet to see him in action but will venture to Lorne this week for a look at what should be a cracker. Whats everyones thoughts???

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
Clancy played in the 2's against Birre, smart enough player but is more a lead up type from what I saw, with good delivery he will be dangerous but wasn't overly impressive.

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
the margin is larger than it should have been. the match was over at half time and the sting was out of it then. Alvie brang players off and put players in positions out of the way but lorne were impressive all the same. while clancy kicked 6 i think, not all that impressive and carried on like a WF at times. Alford is probably the biggest sheepdog i have ever had the displeasure of watching, didnt go within 50m of a pack all day. Tully was good without being superb and lee hollmer was good as always. i hope they beat warra in the final again.
My we have cut up rough boom. Unlike you to make excuses but if you get some solace out of that good for you. I still think Alvie will make it but i would hope they dont adopt your excuse mentality. I would think 6 on debut had it been for Alvie would have been described as "sensational" and as for Alford maybe if someone in the Alvie brainstust had enough nouse to man him up you wouldn't be so distressed. Tully was superb and never wastes a possession. The day belonged to Lorne but next week we all start fresh again and i'm confident Alvie can rebound. :)

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
My we have cut up rough boom. Unlike you to make excuses but if you get some solace out of that good for you. I still think Alvie will make it but i would hope they dont adopt your excuse mentality. I would think 6 on debut had it been for Alvie would have been described as "sensational" and as for Alford maybe if someone in the Alvie brainstust had enough nouse to man him up you wouldn't be so distressed. Tully was superb and never wastes a possession. The day belonged to Lorne but next week we all start fresh again and i'm confident Alvie can rebound. :)
alford was tagged in the first half and was quiet so the 'brainstrust' did show enough what do you call it? nousse? but as the match was over at half time and we needed to kick goals, did not see the need to continue defending. Also, about clancy, when your side wins by that margin and your playing full forward all day you would hope for a return of 6. I dont know who you are but you have just lost all my respect with that stupid post. By the way you speak like you follow alvie, if this is so then you would not say stupid stuff like you just did

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
alford was tagged in the first half and was quiet so the 'brainstrust' did show enough what do you call it? nousse? but as the match was over at half time and we needed to kick goals, did not see the need to continue defending. Also, about clancy, when your side wins by that margin and your playing full forward all day you would hope for a return of 6. I dont know who you are but you have just lost all my respect with that stupid post. By the way you speak like you follow alvie, if this is so then you would not say stupid stuff like you just did
It seems unlike you I can give credit where its due. To bag a guy who hasn't played for 2 years ( so i heard) and kicks 6 is a tad strange. Wonder how you rate Hinkleys 9 v Eagles, and Whelans 13 v Otway and Caseys 10 v Simpson or Masons 8 v Sth. Given they played at full forward all game against average opposition ( meaning weaker than Alvie) are these performances to be rate as just average also. Enjoyed your top 10 thread boom and look forward to some more good stuff from you but could'nt give a toss about your respect. Dont need it and never asked for it. Alvie will make it but if it grates against your one eyed version then so be it. Remember i didn't post the Alvie grizzles just wanted an opinion of where Lorne would be when Jack Hollmer returns and stated the bleeding obvious that a 14 goal win was a surprise.. Happy Posting :)

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
It seems unlike you I can give credit where its due. To bag a guy who hasn't played for 2 years ( so i heard) and kicks 6 is a tad strange. Wonder how you rate Hinkleys 9 v Eagles, and Whelans 13 v Otway and Caseys 10 v Simpson or Masons 8 v Sth. Given they played at full forward all game against average opposition ( meaning weaker than Alvie) are these performances to be rate as just average also. Enjoyed your top 10 thread boom and look forward to some more good stuff from you but could'nt give a toss about your respect. Dont need it and never asked for it. Alvie will make it but if it grates against your one eyed version then so be it. Remember i didn't post the Alvie grizzles just wanted an opinion of where Lorne would be when Jack Hollmer returns and stated the bleeding obvious that a 14 goal win was a surprise.. Happy Posting :)
what do all them examples have in common??? All against weak sides so know i do not rate them performances. I will rate a player once i see him do that in a tight match when his team needs him the most. I cannot recall saying that clancy was no good either.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
impressive win by the dolphins over a lacklustre alvie on saturday. go to man allan alford racked up 30+mostly effective possesions debutant clancy ond the evergreen heathcote combined for 10 majors and rising star leontiades (jose romero) played a blinder. Alvie seemed to lay down after quarter time,expected more from them,perhaps the bay will show a bit more ticker .

boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
early week predictions

Forrest by 137 over Colac Imps

South Colac by 19 over Apollo Bay

Birregurra by 10 over Alvie

Otway by 13 over Simpson

Apollo Bay could be out of finals contention if they look at the road ahead of them before the finals. top 3 teams in thier last 4 weeks could see Forrest move up to 5th for finals. Forrest have Otway, Western Eagles, Simpson and a bye to round off thier year after this weekend so a late charge will be on thier agenda.

Game of the round this week Alvie take on Birregurra at Birregurra Recreastion Reserve. 2nd vs 3rd should show where Birre and Alvie are coming into the build up of finals. if Alvie lose this week to Birre and then Lose to Irrewarra-Beacc in round 19 they will be pushed to 4th on the ladder and lorne will be 3rd due to thier run home.

if this sounds like a load of crap feel free to correct me............

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Boydy looks like he's done some research. I only disagree with South beating the Bay this weekend. It will be The Bay by 34 points with a little too much fire power up forward for the young roo boys.

Final 5 Prediction
  1. Irrewarra Beeac
  2. Lorne
  3. Birre
  4. Alvie
  5. Forrest

BAYSIGHTER

Rookie
Mar 18, 2008
forrest
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
fgvg
Saw the Bay game on the weekend was not as bad as Hollmer says it was. Goes both ways mate so dont point the finger. Number 13 for the Bay Harney was cleaned up with his head over the pill and was concussed at has done his ac because of this incident and no report which amazed many spectators. The Bay did give away many free kicks which cost them deerly but umpires should pay these all over the ground not just in front of goals were it really can hurt a side. I belive the figure for free kicks resulting in goals cost them like 8 or 9 goals. Anyway my point is, worry whats happening in your own backyard before u start looking over the fence! The bay to bounce back and belt Sth Colac by 80 points.

Apr 3, 2008
apollo bay
AFL Club
Geelong
Saw the Bay game on the weekend was not as bad as Hollmer says it was. Goes both ways mate so dont point the finger. Number 13 for the Bay Harney was cleaned up with his head over the pill and was concussed at has done his ac because of this incident and no report which amazed many spectators. The Bay did give away many free kicks which cost them deerly but umpires should pay these all over the ground not just in front of goals were it really can hurt a side. I belive the figure for free kicks resulting in goals cost them like 8 or 9 goals. Anyway my point is, worry whats happening in your own backyard before u start looking over the fence! The bay to bounce back and belt Sth Colac by 80 points.
i agree with you. I was at the game to and i thought hollmer made more of it than was there. Good to see Hinkley kick a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Boydy looks like he's done some research. I only disagree with South beating the Bay this weekend. It will be The Bay by 34 points with a little too much fire power up forward for the young roo boys.

Final 5 Prediction
  1. Irrewarra Beeac
  2. Lorne
  3. Birre
  4. Alvie
  5. Forrest
Horror finish for the bay and on current form you couldn't see them beating the top 3 sides. Forrest shouldn't drop another match this year which should see them grab 5th ahead of the bay.

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The final rounds look really interesting, will really shape the final make up of the 5 in both the seniors and reserves. I have coloured the danger games in red.

Seniors
Irrewarra: 13 wins 1 loss 56 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie and Apollo Bay.
On the seasons form Irrewarra should not lose another game, though face two of the three that are most likely to challenge. Will finish on 68-76 points and on top even if they do drop both those games.

Birregurra: 10 wins 3 losses 48 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Alvie, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials and Otway.
This weekend should determine if a double chance is achievable the proverbial 8 point game, should finish on 60-68 points. Percentage will be important. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Alvie: 11 wins 3 losses 48 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Birregurra, Bye, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials.
As with Birre, this weekend seems to be the key and should also finish on 60-68 points with percentage a factor. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Lorne: 10 wins 4 losses 44 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, Colac Imperials, Otway, Western Eagles, Simpson.
By far the best run home and should not lose again. Will finish on 64 points and percentage could determine position. Coould finish as high as second or as is.

Apollo Bay: 8 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie, Bye and Irrewarra. Tough run home and will need to bring the good Apollo Bay to the park to ensure an appearance in the finals, the most likely to miss out. 44 to 56 points. Will probably finish 6th but could sneak in.

Forrest: 8 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Colac Imperials, Otway, Eagles, Simpson and Bye.
Out of form at the moment and carrying a long injury list which may hamper their chances, however a good run home means they should not drop a game and finish 5th.

This weekends game between Birre and Alvie seems to be the key to the double chance and should set up the winners finals campaign.

Reserves
Irrewarra: 14 wins 60 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie and Apollo Bay.
On the seasons form Irrewarra should not lose another game, though face two of the three that are most likely to challenge. Will finish on 72-80 points and on top even if they do drop both those games.

Alvie: 11 wins 3 losses 48 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Birregurra, Bye, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials.
Seem destined for second but the clash with Birre, this weekend will determine a lot. Should finish on 60-68 points with percentage a factor. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Birregurra: 9 wins 4 losses 44 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Alvie, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials and Otway.
As with their Senior side this weekend should determine if a double chance is achievable, the proverbial 8 point game, should finish on 56-64 points. Percentage will be important. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Forrest: 9 wins 4 losses 1 draw 42 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Colac Imperials, Otway, Eagles, Simpson and Bye.
The long injury list which may hamper their chances, however a good run home means they should not drop a game and finish on 62 points and as high as second.

Lorne: 8 wins 5 losses 1 draw 38 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, Colac Imperials, Otway, Western Eagles, Simpson.
Great run home means they may well finish on 58 points and right in the mix for a double chance.

Otway: 7 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Simpson, Forrest, Lorne, South Colac and Birregurra, Tough run home and will need to win almost every game and rely on losses by Lorne or Forrest to get a birth. Likely to finish on 48 points.

It seems as if there will be sides in both competitions hanging on to the results of each week to see where they may end up. A real factor could be that the same 5 could make up both top fives and therefore mean that each side has the ability to move plyers between the 2.

sausagefest

Draftee
Jun 21, 2008
western district
AFL Club
Carlton
The final rounds look really interesting, will really shape the final make up of the 5 in both the seniors and reserves. I have coloured the danger games in red.

Seniors
Irrewarra: 13 wins 1 loss 56 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie and Apollo Bay.
On the seasons form Irrewarra should not lose another game, though face two of the three that are most likely to challenge. Will finish on 68-76 points and on top even if they do drop both those games.

Birregurra: 10 wins 3 losses 48 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Alvie, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials and Otway.
This weekend should determine if a double chance is achievable the proverbial 8 point game, should finish on 60-68 points. Percentage will be important. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

As with Birre, this weekend seems to be the key and should also finish on 60-68 points with percentage a factor. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Lorne: 10 wins 4 losses 44 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, Colac Imperials, Otway, Western Eagles, Simpson.
By far the best run home and should not lose again. Will finish on 64 points and percentage could determine position. Coould finish as high as second or as is.

Apollo Bay: 8 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie, Bye and Irrewarra. Tough run home and will need to bring the good Apollo Bay to the park to ensure an appearance in the finals, the most likely to miss out. 44 to 56 points. Will probably finish 6th but could sneak in.

Forrest: 8 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Colac Imperials, Otway, Eagles, Simpson and Bye.
Out of form at the moment and carrying a long injury list which may hamper their chances, however a good run home means they should not drop a game and finish 5th.

This weekends game between Birre and Alvie seems to be the key to the double chance and should set up the winners finals campaign.

Reserves
Irrewarra: 14 wins 60 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, South Colac, Birregurra, Alvie and Apollo Bay.
On the seasons form Irrewarra should not lose another game, though face two of the three that are most likely to challenge. Will finish on 72-80 points and on top even if they do drop both those games.

Seem destined for second but the clash with Birre, this weekend will determine a lot. Should finish on 60-68 points with percentage a factor. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Birregurra: 9 wins 4 losses 44 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Alvie, Apollo Bay, Irrewarra, Colac Imperials and Otway.
As with their Senior side this weekend should determine if a double chance is achievable, the proverbial 8 point game, should finish on 56-64 points. Percentage will be important. Will finish between 2nd to 4th.

Forrest: 9 wins 4 losses 1 draw 42 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Colac Imperials, Otway, Eagles, Simpson and Bye.
The long injury list which may hamper their chances, however a good run home means they should not drop a game and finish on 62 points and as high as second.

Lorne: 8 wins 5 losses 1 draw 38 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Bye, Colac Imperials, Otway, Western Eagles, Simpson.
Great run home means they may well finish on 58 points and right in the mix for a double chance.

Otway: 7 wins 6 losses 36 points, the final 5 games are as follows; Simpson, Forrest, Lorne, South Colac and Birregurra, Tough run home and will need to win almost every game and rely on losses by Lorne or Forrest to get a birth. Likely to finish on 48 points.

It seems as if there will be sides in both competitions hanging on to the results of each week to see where they may end up. A real factor could be that the same 5 could make up both top fives and therefore mean that each side has the ability to move plyers between the 2.

anyone could tell this by looking at the laddaer. do some research, like boom, and find out a bit about the players etc.

boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
TOP 4 FROM EACH TEAM (till round 16)

IRRAWARRA-BEACC.......................................................................................ALVIE
1.Robert Elborough...................................................................................1.Andrew Kelly
2.Xavier Meade........................................................................................2.Luke McCarthy
3.Khan Beckett........................................................................................3.Josh Goonan
4.Jason Cartwright...................................................................................4.Joel Flanagan

LORNE.......................................................................................................BIRREGURRA
1.Lee Hollmer..........................................................................................1.Kenneth Roberts
2.Alan Alford...........................................................................................2.Jacob Mason
3.Lewis Hollmer........................................................................................3.Luke Phillips
4.Dale Wishart.........................................................................................4.Samual Green

APOLLO BAY................................................................................................FORREST
1.Damien O'Connor.......................................................................................1.Carl Doolan
2.Tyson Holt...............................................................................................2.Leigh Hay
3.Jerremy Ellis.............................................................................................3.Mathew Foot
4.Luke Edmondson.......................................................................................4.Samual Green

OTWAY
1.Dean Towers- great marking, running and footwork.
2.Scott Gainger- hard at it player and always up for the screamers with some freakish goals
3.Stewart Sutherland- Heart of the team and doesn't give up
4.Dean Mahoney- Stoppage player, Hard ball getter and smart player

Sorry about the rest of the teams they can come in some other time... i can only realy comment on my team since i dont know anyone else... most of these players are consistantly in the best on ground for thier respected teams but not all are in the right order... anyone feels like correcting me please do so. always good to learn...

My TOP 4 players are 1.Damien O'Connor 2. Kenneth Roberts 3. Robert Elborough 4.Carl Doolan..

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
2.Scott Gainger- hard at it player and always up for the screamers with some freakish goals ..[/quote said:
"Danger Mouse" as he is commonly known does play as you mentioned above. It's a little bit of a pity he could do with some practice on his set shots at goal. Also if he gave up the ciggy's it would do wonders for his fitness.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
TOP 4 FROM EACH TEAM (till round 16)

IRRAWARRA-BEACC.......................................................................................ALVIE
1.Robert Elborough...................................................................................1.Andrew Kelly
2.Xavier Meade........................................................................................2.Luke McCarthy
3.Khan Beckett........................................................................................3.Josh Goonan
4.Jason Cartwright...................................................................................4.Joel Flanagan

LORNE.......................................................................................................BIRREGURRA
1.Lee Hollmer..........................................................................................1.Kenneth Roberts
2.Alan Alford...........................................................................................2.Jacob Mason
3.Lewis Hollmer........................................................................................3.Luke Phillips
4.Dale Wishart.........................................................................................4.Samual Green

APOLLO BAY................................................................................................FORREST
1.Damien O'Connor.......................................................................................1.Carl Doolan
2.Tyson Holt...............................................................................................2.Leigh Hay
3.Jerremy Ellis.............................................................................................3.Mathew Foot
4.Luke Edmondson.......................................................................................4.Samual Green

OTWAY
1.Dean Towers- great marking, running and footwork.
2.Scott Gainger- hard at it player and always up for the screamers with some freakish goals
3.Stewart Sutherland- Heart of the team and doesn't give up
4.Dean Mahoney- Stoppage player, Hard ball getter and smart player

Sorry about the rest of the teams they can come in some other time... i can only realy comment on my team since i dont know anyone else... most of these players are consistantly in the best on ground for thier respected teams but not all are in the right order... anyone feels like correcting me please do so. always good to learn...

My TOP 4 players are 1.Damien O'Connor 2. Kenneth Roberts 3. Robert Elborough 4.Carl Doolan..
hmm interesting to see that casey tully does not get a mention in lornes players. A decent enough post and reasonably well done i would say.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
After witnessing Lorne and Birregurra and Forrest in the last 3 weeks, i believe that Lorne are the ones who can beat Irrewarra. Birregurra, i think, are not too dissimilar to Alvie but i think both sides are a fair way off warra and Lorne. I have changed my opinion on Whelan too0...never knew he was so hungry, mason is clearly the better of the two. Also liked a bloke fitzpatrick who played in the ruck and rested forward, not alot of him but put a huge hit on andrew kelly at one stage and flattened him. Likely type who is coming back from injury and is an important player.

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
With 6 teams fighting it out for the final 5 spots who are the players in each team that provides that X-Factor that will take them deep into the finals?

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The ones that jump out at me are as follows:
Mick Davis at Birregurra, breaks the lines through the middle, adds a classy running game through the middle.
Jack Hollmer from Lorne will make a huge impact when he comes back, apparently has lost the "fire" with the Cats and keen to help Lorne across the line.
Casey at Irrewarra, will continue to kick goals but can play other positions to help out.
Kelly at Alvie... just plain good.
Hinkley at the Bay, if they bring their A game and deliver the ball to a reasonably fit Hinkley he will be hard to stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back