Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Lorne debuted another u/17 player in the seniors yesterday in the strongly built utility James Freil.Young freilly did enough to be awarded the highly sought after $30 video ezy award post match and has put his hand up for future senior duties as lornes finals push gains momentum.In further news from the eagles clash the clearly best on ground Casey Tully was denied the obligatory post match 6 pack award by the opposing coach who said"he is the best player in the comp and probably wins it every week".Back up ruckman Sam Roache was dually awarded the spoils.Another highlight from the boondocks was the game of Sean Smartt.The pacy left footer looked pretty happy to be released from his usual tagging role as he roamed the front half racking up the touches.Highlights included a booming long bomb at full tilt that split the sticks from70 out,and a five bounce run along the wing.some selling of candy. a blind turn. and GOAL. With the reigning premiers going into the clash against the witches hats without senior players Trickey.Heathcte.Clancy.Abbott,Hollmer J.Hollmer L and losing captain Hollmer L early after a knock the dolphins still managed to kick a cricket score.At the completion of next weeks final home and away game Lorne will have kicked 100 plus goals in a month of footy. Sleep well Warra.
in other news, alvie were embarrassed by a faster, stronger, taller and just plain better warra outfit. Monk, and seiz were unstoppable while beckett and onball co. ran rings around the alvie midfield. Excitingv youngster chris hickey played his third game for the year but was help by the irrewarra taggers. Irrewarra and lorne are the clear top two sides in the comp and cant see anyone else getting close. my tip: warra in a close one

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
With the Final 5 virtually settled and only positions jostling for now, who are the players if any to come back into the teams to bring them all to full strength. Im assuming that theres 2 from Forrest that wont make it back?
Lorne will have a few inclusions and Alvie also. Whats the word from the medicos?

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
top work go wide keep up the detailed reports. Interesting to see friel playing ones...probably due to the large number of players out, am i correct? How does a couple of under age blokes go- hamish powell and charlie barham-is he a brother of jaxson???
Enough of this touchy feely rubbish about Lorne...Have Birre folded or something?... they are the only side to beat IB and in the return match pushed them to 20 points...they have comfortably beaten Lorne both times this year, in fact Lorne have really beaten no one given that Alvie and Forrest are just making up the numbers. Smashing sub standard bottom teams doesn't rate all that highly come finals. I would suggest all those at lorne who are focussed on IB get their eyes back on the ball, being Birre in the qualifying final...also heard a whisper Hollmer didn't get just get a knock but popped his shoulder and may not play again this year....if true how does this impact on the dolphins chances???? :confused::confused:

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
Interesting reading though, and I am sure that Birre prefer to be thought of as an underdog.
Saturday at Imps was played under difficult conditions with few out still, after Imps put up a solid effort until 3 quarter time the Birre boys cut loose and put the game away in style. Mark Whelan back in form and could have kicked more but rather involved others in the play.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Enough of this touchy feely rubbish about Lorne...Have Birre folded or something?... they are the only side to beat IB and in the return match pushed them to 20 points...they have comfortably beaten Lorne both times this year, in fact Lorne have really beaten no one given that Alvie and Forrest are just making up the numbers. Smashing sub standard bottom teams doesn't rate all that highly come finals. I would suggest all those at lorne who are focussed on IB get their eyes back on the ball, being Birre in the qualifying final...also heard a whisper Hollmer didn't get just get a knock but popped his shoulder and may not play again this year....if true how does this impact on the dolphins chances???? :confused::confused:

I reckon that Birre will be too slow on the big ground...and lorne have improved heaps

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC
Mick Davis, Matt and Andy Gannon, Matt Nelson and Travis Lane are quick enough to break the lines on Birre's ground, should enjoy the bigger spaces.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
hollmers shoulder is sweet could play this week if required but will watch from the box and give tommy callahan another run in the ruck.Agrred birre have have done us twice this year and a vastly improved side on last year playing a brand of disciplined accountable high scoring footy.as well as being the only side to knock off warra.Similar to lorne last year birre will be going in as under dogs against warra,a good place to be. and grey matter share the love.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
top work go wide keep up the detailed reports. Interesting to see friel playing ones...probably due to the large number of players out, am i correct? How does a couple of under age blokes go- hamish powell and charlie barham-is he a brother of jaxson???
Hamish Powell son of the coach. nuff said.Charlie Barham like his brother a late starter in the game.The kid has shown a bit in his first year of footy and with those bloodlines who knows what the future holds.While on the unders my thoughts on a couple of Dolphins.MITCH LEWIS dependable ruckman with a huge motor not an overly skilled player but never gives up will be a solid senior player. KANE SMARTT.the youngest of the smartt boys generally plays in the middle and knows where the goals are.better overhead but less polished than brother sean,has great second and third efforts,spiritual leader of the u/17s and will play 200 plus senior games at lorne.TOM STEVEN sublimely skilled schoolboy rep with great awareness and vision,uncanny ability to find space and rarely beaten in one on ones. another product of the steven football factory.big things beckon.HARLEY DAVIES unlikely to play under age again harley has suprised few at stribling reserve with the ease of his transition into senior company.still only 15 his all round game will see him become one of the legends at lorne and he will relish the big stage at central in the coming weeks.,the wildcard. While on finals lets hope David Heard and the CDFL executive think of the fans and not the dollar and schedule the LornevBirre seniors and reserves first week finals games on the saturday instead of over the sat and sun.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Hamish Powell son of the coach. nuff said.Charlie Barham like his brother a late starter in the game.The kid has shown a bit in his first year of footy and with those bloodlines who knows what the future holds.While on the unders my thoughts on a couple of Dolphins.MITCH LEWIS dependable ruckman with a huge motor not an overly skilled player but never gives up will be a solid senior player. KANE SMARTT.the youngest of the smartt boys generally plays in the middle and knows where the goals are.better overhead but less polished than brother sean,has great second and third efforts,spiritual leader of the u/17s and will play 200 plus senior games at lorne.TOM STEVEN sublimely skilled schoolboy rep with great awareness and vision,uncanny ability to find space and rarely beaten in one on ones. another product of the steven football factory.big things beckon.HARLEY DAVIES unlikely to play under age again harley has suprised few at stribling reserve with the ease of his transition into senior company.still only 15 his all round game will see him become one of the legends at lorne and he will relish the big stage at central in the coming weeks.,the wildcard. While on finals lets hope David Heard and the CDFL executive think of the fans and not the dollar and schedule the LornevBirre seniors and reserves first week finals games on the saturday instead of over the sat and sun.
So Barham has played all year? Powell is big bloke centre half back yeah? Agree that harley is a good player now...dont agree however that he will be a legend as you say. Dunno where the improvement will come from, with his build would want to grow a bit as he is not quick or a great motor. How does Brock Beresford go? You mentioned that friel played ones on saturday, remember not being all that impressed with him when we played them, maybe i had the wrong bloke, where does he play??

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Mick Davis, Matt and Andy Gannon, Matt Nelson and Travis Lane are quick enough to break the lines on Birre's ground, should enjoy the bigger spaces.
yeah well i suppose time will tell but i dont know if it will suit, the big ground, yous as much as lorne. Dont think that Birregurra can beat irrewarra again, so will be hoping that lorne get through and knock em off there perches.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
So Barham has played all year? Powell is big bloke centre half back yeah? Agree that harley is a good player now...dont agree however that he will be a legend as you say. Dunno where the improvement will come from, with his build would want to grow a bit as he is not quick or a great motor. How does Brock Beresford go? You mentioned that friel played ones on saturday, remember not being all that impressed with him when we played them, maybe i had the wrong bloke, where does he play??
I will rephrase and say Harley will be a very good and succsesfull senior player at lorne for many years.like you i doubt whether his football career will go beyond the cdfl .Beresford a big improver as is Friel the improvement in many Lorne players due to the coaching panel of decorated and knoledgable ex country suburban andVFL players Powelly and Pete and Rob Steven.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
contrary to reports in the colac herald and elsewhere leroy hollmer did not dislocate his shoulder he suffered what is known as a stinger,a painful but short term injury.the big man will be cherry ripe for next week.The highly rated James Adams debuts on saturday v simpson ....could he be the finals wildcard for the reigning premiers? SLEEP WELL WARRA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
contrary to reports in the colac herald and elsewhere leroy hollmer did not dislocate his shoulder he suffered what is known as a stinger,a painful but short term injury.the big man will be cherry ripe for next week.The highly rated James Adams debuts on saturday v simpson ....could he be the finals wildcard for the reigning premiers? SLEEP WELL WARRA.
Hmmm how did the 'wildcard' go?

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
I will rephrase and say Harley will be a very good and succsesfull senior player at lorne for many years.like you i doubt whether his football career will go beyond the cdfl .Beresford a big improver as is Friel the improvement in many Lorne players due to the coaching panel of decorated and knoledgable ex country suburban andVFL players Powelly and Pete and Rob Steven.
great win by lorne seventeens on saturday. will be a cracking game next week vs irrewarra. hoping they can give warra a taste of things to come in the ones. warra with a couple out though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back