News Colin Carter and Geelong's "ugly" fans

Remove this Banner Ad

To any so called supporter the facts have shown we have some supporters that should leave the club, the abuse that Tim Kelly and his family and the club staff is so not ok, if you support that behaviour, its ok if you dont renew membership your not wanted, Spazz come up with real point of contention about the club at the moment it sounds like a whinge that the Cats didnt win...
I agree with the Tim Kelly thing whole heartedly and was nearly the only one not agreeing with the s**t she copped last year from many fans and many on here BTW. Many. We're you on here then?
I find it embarrassing and utterly stupid. And the fact that people say it's her fault because she doesn't make her accounts private well....
The fact I said something that didn't suck the clubs utensil so therefore I support the abuse of a players wife, again well....
Remember what I said about people not getting it?

Last edited:
Every club works their guts out mate. It's their job, it's there reputation for future jobs.
If they are puzzled they just don't get it.
You get to a final finishing first and play your full back in the ruck and blame the weather, you've really got to be out of touch to think criticism is not rightly coming your way.
Or to think fans aren't emotionally invested and are just wallets or shareholders.
They just don't get it.
The over the top things? I dunno. We have no idea what people wrote to the club.
Have to just trust the prez without him divulging any information at all.
I don't get it either.
We had a great year this year.
I'm mega disappointed we failed against Tigers, but **** me we gave it a crack.
Getting online and and having a crack at everything and everyone who you think has done you wrong?
That's a mental illness, and it seems like it's spreading.

I don't get it either.
We had a great year this year.
I'm mega disappointed we failed against Tigers, but **** me we gave it a crack.
Getting online and and having a crack at everything and everyone who you think has done you wrong?
That's a mental illness, and it seems like it's spreading.
Maybe there's a few who do that I dunno?
TBH I'm not on Facebook anymore (recommend it) so I don't know what happens there.
Having a crack at everyone who's done you wrong?
You might me taking it a bit to seriously. I don't see the problem with having a whinge and wanting a decent explanation about what is obviously a s**t decision.
Don't see the problem. It's actually needed.

Ok so what we do know is our list is rated by the industry to be 5-7 best available, this hasnt changed in 3 years within the industry, so last year we were par and this year exceeded all expectations but the PF showed why our list is only rated what it is, Scott and the line coaches have done a great job have they made mistakes along the way hell yeah but to call consistently for his sacking is Garbage, I'm all for discussing the Cats short falls dealing with the facts and we as a group should entertain different ways and throw up different opinions

TBH I'm not on Facebook anymore (recommend it) so I don't know what happens there.
You might me taking it a bit to seriously. I don't see the problem with having a whinge and wanting a decent explanation about what is obviously a s**t decision.
What is the problem????
We finished first and made a Prelim!!!
Where else would that sanely be considered a problem?
Mwah!!!! We didn't win a flag! Mwaaaahhh!!!

FB is a cess pit, I agree there.

And I agree that it'd be reassuring for the club to say 'we exceeded our expectations this year but concede that we let ourselves down at crucial times with poor selections, game strategies, and positionings. We are not content to sit on our laurels'.

I

FB is a cess pit, I agree there.

And I agree that it'd be reassuring for the club to say 'we exceeded our expectations this year but concede that we let ourselves down at crucial times with poor selections, game strategies, and positionings. We are not content to sit on our laurels'.

I
Pretty much what the take home message was from most speakers at the Carji I would have thought.

I agree with the Tim Kelly thing whole heartedly and was nearly the only one not agreeing with the s**t she copped last year from many fans and many on here BTW. Many. We're you on here then?
I find it embarrassing and utterly stupid. And the fact that people say it's her fault because she doesn't make her accounts private well....
The fact I said something that didn't suck the clubs utensil so therefore I support the abuse of a players wife, again well....

Again and again and again people are re-directing to online abuse which is obviously unacceptable but totally beside the point. Clearly, you aren't abusing anyone you're (and others) are criticising the club - which funnily enough are allowed to do, even if it does end up with stupid accusations of supporting abuse, accusations that it must mean one supports an entire clean out, or of course accusations that you aren't a genuine supporter of the club. Or my favourite - we can't know what they are doing internally therefore we can't criticise o_O Maybe I'm projecting, but I'm really not sure the point of a forum if its only here so people with an opinion can tell everyone else how wrong they are...no I'm not new here.

Again and again and again people are re-directing to online abuse which is obviously unacceptable but totally beside the point. Clearly, you aren't abusing anyone you're (and others) are criticising the club - which funnily enough are allowed to do, even if it does end up with stupid accusations of supporting abuse, accusations that it must mean one supports an entire clean out, or of course accusations that you aren't a genuine supporter of the club. Or my favourite - we can't know what they are doing internally therefore we can't criticise o_O Maybe I'm projecting, but I'm really not sure the point of a forum if its only here so people with an opinion can tell everyone else how wrong they are...no I'm not new here.
Yep faarken oath.

What is the problem????
We finished first and made a Prelim!!!
Where else would that sanely be considered a problem?
Mwah!!!! We didn't win a flag! Mwaaaahhh!!!
We may not win a flag, that's the way it goes. They are hard.
But giving the best possible chance to win really should be the norm.
Guy making a mill a year making basic, basic errors in finals needs to be looked at for me.
Boo Hoo if I'm not as easy to please as you. It's the way it goes.

Guy making a mill a year making basic, basic errors in finals needs to be looked at for me.
Exactly right... Hawkins taking an early holiday because he decided to hit someone in the head behind play (not for the first time) while the opposition FF tears is apart at the other end is galling..... Yet according to some on here, and the club, we are expected to accept this s**t because they know better than us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As supporters we are entitled to voice our opinions.
Everyone has a different point of view which is fine.

Disappointing things this year include:
Finals performances, Hawkins, Coaching team, Criticising the supporters, loosing TK, Cocky not getting on the park..

That does not mean that there were no positives and that they have to be listed. That is the point.

Finals performances, Hawkins, Coaching team, Criticising the supporters, loosing TK, Cocky not getting on the park..

That does not mean that there were no positives and that they have to be listed. That is the point.
Hawkins won all australian this year. How could that be disapointing. Im guessing you just mean the suspension.

Hawkins won all australian this year. How could that be disapointing. Im guessing you just mean the suspension.
I think every GFC supporter was disappointed with that act and suspension

Go Catters

Add our pathetic post bye performances to the list, which according to scott is not an issue.

You do know I wasn't aiming that at you, nor anyone else who is simply disappointed with this year.
Of course we could have done better.
It's this deranged savaging of Geelong players, staff and coaches by a minority of entitled morons that s**s me.
I am not suggesting you (nor any other poster on here) is an "ugly fan".
I just find it sad that some need to stick up for these morons as if it is somehow acceptable.

You do know I wasn't aiming that at you, nor anyone else who is simply disappointed with this year.
Of course we could have done better.
It's this deranged savaging of Geelong players, staff and coaches by a minority of entitled morons that s**s me.
I am not suggesting you (nor any other poster on here) is an "ugly fan".
I just find it sad that some need to stick up for these morons as if it is somehow acceptable.
Yeah I agree with that. But when you don't know what was said it does make it a bit hard to judge for yourself.
The Kelly thing is different, you can see a lot of the stuff that has been said by idiots.

And this is what Carter is trying to do. Link everyone who is critical of the current administration with those poorly behaved people and therefore use it as a way to deny the need to respond to any criticism. This is exactly what dictators do.

I'm disappointed that it took this for us to hear from our President.

You know, we used to have a president we saw and heard called Frank Costa.

But I didn't know until now if our current president was a real person or imaginary.

Maybe he should have come out and pushed the line of us playing finals at GHMBA, instead on relying on Chris Scott to do it.

It's obvious CS was tasked with raising the home finals issue. Carter and Cook would have agreed with that approach. Personally the less I hear from a CEO the better.

I'm disappointed that it took this for us to hear from our President.

You know, we used to have a president we saw and heard called Frank Costa.

But I didn't know until now if our current president was a real person or imaginary.

Maybe he should have come out and pushed the line of us playing finals at GHMBA, instead on relying on Chris Scott to do it.
I agree. Should not have been up to Scott to push that agenda. He is there to coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back