News Colin Carter and Geelong's "ugly" fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Opposition fans hey?
If they hate something about our club, we are definitely doing something right.
I'd be way more worried if they loved CS.
Hate is not something to be proud of. One of the great things about the 07-11 side is the majority of opposition fans (excluding hawthorn) respected us. Envied us. Enjoyed the way we attacked the game. Few hated us. Far more hate us now even though we arent successful.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Hate is not something to be proud of. One of the great things about the 07-11 side is the majority of opposition fans (excluding hawthorn) respected us. Envied us. Enjoyed the way we attacked the game. Few hated us. Far more hate us now even though we arent successful.
That wore off very soon. After 2009 and 2011 we were back to hated.
Success is tolerated for certain opposition clubs...but only up to point.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
And hate comes from jealousy...there's nothing wrong with being hated because of your success.
We are hated without success at the moment. Selwoods perceived ducking. Scotts sooking. Boring style football. Dangerfields figjamness. Raiding other teams players :danger, boak, hendo in particular. These are the main reasons we are currently hated and it has nothing to do with jealousy.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
We are hated without success at the moment. Selwoods perceived ducking. Scotts sooking. Boring style football. Dangerfields figjamness. Raiding other teams players :danger, boak, hendo in particular. These are the main reasons we are currently hated and it has nothing to do with jealousy.

I'd put Scott's sooking front and centre in that.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Meh. It's jealousy mate.
Your opinion is clearly coloured by your own oft repeated bias against Geelong.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep. Success is tolerated until you actually succeed (i.e. win a premiership).
If you barrack for a team that has spent long periods outside of the eight, success is exactly what Geelong radiates.
Premiership? We have three of those, very recent, which other supporters would kill for.
They would love for us to fall to the bottom, never to make a final again.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
If you barrack for a team that has spent long periods outside of the eight, success is exactly what Geelong radiates.
Premiership? We have three of those, very recent, which other supporters would kill for.
Omg you guys are deluded. The hate mostly comes from teams regularly playing finals.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

It's been nearly a decade since the last of them. That's not very recent anymore.

Who is "they" exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely he should have. Leaving it to Chris was mistake on multiple levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You know, maybe Chris Scott is like Mark Thompson, as in, he coaches best when he is left to ONLY coach without distractions.

We got in Neil Balme to do the media and publicity during Bomber's tenure, and look how that went. We need to get in someone to do the same role for CS.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It's been nearly a decade since the last of them. That's not very recent anymore.

Who is "they" exactly?

"It's been nearly a decade since the last of them".

Imagine when it was 44 years since the last of them. It's a long way before we have to wait that long again (and I hope we don't have to).

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
You know, maybe Chris Scott is like Mark Thompson, as in, he coaches best when he is left to ONLY coach without distractions.

We got in Neil Balme to do the media and publicity during Bomber's tenure, and look how that went. We need to get in someone to do the same role for CS.

Yeah mr invisible Lloyd is definitely not that person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry, I don't know their names.
Three premierships in a short period is enough to make "them" hate us.
Followed by a refusal to fall down the ladder, like we were supposed to.
For sure. And we looked like we were done in 15 then we get Danger and bang, straight back up.
That's gotta piss people off. Combined with him being a bit of an attention whore which makes it worse.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
For sure. And we looked like we were done in 15 then we get Danger and bang, straight back up.
That's gotta piss people off. Combined with him being a bit of an attention whore which makes it worse.
Yep, fan hate is real.
Every team has a player or players hated by the opposition. (And coaches!)
People hate Jack Reiwoldt. Why? He's a fierce competitor (and a great bloke) who turned his game around from selfish forward to ultimate team player.
I can understand why opposition fans hate Danger, but I love the fact that he dances to his own beat.
Opposition fans also hate Selwood. They say "he ducks and cheats", but what they're really saying is "I wish he played for my team."
Jealousy.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

They hate us because we WON'T GO AWAY!!!! We're the side that's ALWAYS THERE even though we don't do much.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, fan hate is real.
Every team has a player or players hated by the opposition. (And coaches!)
People hate Jack Reiwoldt. Why? He's a fierce competitor (and a great bloke) who turned his game around from selfish forward to ultimate team player.
I can understand why opposition fans hate Danger, but I love the fact that he dances to his own beat.
Opposition fans also hate Selwood. They say "he ducks and cheats", but what they're really saying is "I wish he played for my team."
Jealousy.

I think that's more accurate than people realise.

Sets of fans hate each other far more than they do teams I would say. Fans then project the faults of opposition supporters onto players (either real or imagined) to justify it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back