Colin de Grandhomme

Remove this Banner Ad

His record is only solid because he is a flat track bully.
TELEMMGLPICT000217196424_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqPSGJeyftEP9WNF5nKPELKTtVi3XDVUMXoSj0InryjE8.jpeg

Just look at all the comments in that article. Clearly I'm far from the only one that thinks the guy is an utter moron. Bowls 122km pies and lacks any intelligence what so ever. Hopefully, hopefully the selectors will finally come to their senses and kick the POS to the curb where he belongs!

Did he call you a dickhead once or something?

I’ve seen plenty of people with outsized agendas against high profile players, but your year on year one against Colin de Grandhomme of all people is kind of really bizarre.

Just look at all the comments in that article. Clearly I'm far from the only one that thinks the guy is an utter moron. Bowls 122km pies and lacks any intelligence what so ever. Hopefully, hopefully the selectors will finally come to their senses and kick the POS to the curb where he belongs!

How does his cricket ability make him unintelligent? You reckon he's a POS? Did he force Glenn Phillips to rub some sandpaper on the ball this test? Cos that's the threshold

I’ve seen plenty of people with outsized agendas against high profile players, but your year on year one against Colin de Grandhomme of all people is kind of really bizarre.
Sounds like Grandhomme could be a daddy.

He DOES make bad batting decisions and he DOES bowl pies.

Still, he's hardly alone on that front in the NZ side

He DOES make bad batting decisions and he DOES bowl pies.

Still, he's hardly alone on that front in the NZ side

I think if he had his current figures and put the ball in identical spots but at 140km/h you’d be all over him.

he’s no Philander but he bowls at a similar pace and plays his role in the side. Some outrageous batting from him in this series but he’s got some reasonable credits in the bank and played a major hand in winning the series against England

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace is somewhat over rated. McGrath's record did not fall away once he slowed down to 125kph medium pace either.
No it's not.

Sure, anyone can point to a couple of bowlers who are the exception, but overall the difference between 130 and 145 is pretty massive. The fact that the NZers have just had people bowling midium pace wobblers this series is one of the main reasons they've never looked like getting 20 wickets. They just don't have any penetration.

Played one of the more entertaining innings Ive seen in the World Cup.
French cut for 2 , french cut for 2 , outside edge for 3 , swipe play and miss x 2, 6 over long on then skied swipe and out.

You know what your getting from him

He took two wickets today, hardly pie bowling
Swings the kookaburra so he is ahead of most English seamers.

Honestly pretty impressed with what he's done with the ball on this tour. Very economical, and has taken a few nice scalps. Expected his military medium to have no effect whatsoever on Aussie pitches.

Fair enough, he's played some dumb shots with the bat, but he's hardly alone among his teammates with that, and his style is such that he'll always look terrible and be a scapegoat if it doesn't come off.

No he's just trash, selfish player.

How does his cricket ability make him unintelligent? You reckon he's a POS? Did he force Glenn Phillips to rub some sandpaper on the ball this test? Cos that's the threshold

Yes he is unintelligent and a POS! One example when Blundell was closing in on a century last test instead of digging in for his teammate, he danced down the pitch and threw away his wicket with a silly hack. Sadly this is the norm not the exception for this guy. Don't give me the 'that's the way he plays' BS either, there are many,many examples of aggressive batsman reining in their aggression when they have needed to for their team.

Probably the second best all rounder in test cricket with Shakib banned

Lmfao, T Astle, Neesham, Anderson even Munro and better allrounders from NZ alone.

No he's just trash, selfish player.

Yes he is unintelligent and a POS! One example when Blundell was closing in on a century last test instead of digging in for his teammate, he danced down the pitch and threw away his wicket with a silly hack. Sadly this is the norm not the exception for this guy. Don't give me the 'that's the way he plays' BS either, there are many,many examples of aggressive batsman reining in their aggression when they have needed to for their team.

Lmfao, T Astle, Neesham, Anderson even Munro and better allrounders from NZ alone.
But that's the way he plays lol

so which of Jason Holder and Ben Stokes is ahead of him?
Stokes. Forgot about Holder

Holder has arguably been the most lethal bowler in Test cricket over the past two years (eye-watering average of 14.22 with the ball), while also being his team's best bat (going by his batting average of 42.50) during the same period, and captaining his side. He's so far in front of every other all-round it's not funny.

1578206297012.png

1578206478323.png

Neither Stokes nor de Grandhomme visible on either list. In fact, Holder is the only player from anywhere on both lists.

Munro barely bowls these days (mostly used as a limited-overs opener). Anderson hasn't played for NZ in any format for over 12 months (last ODI 2 1/2 years ago, last Test nearly 4 years ago). Neesham is too expensive with the ball (and certainly couldn't open the bowling in Test cricket), and Astle is pretty mediocre all-round. Don't really thing CDG's spot is in danger from any of them TBH.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back