Other Colin Kaepernick is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem is a Celebration of Slavery

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
An economist?
trumpza_V5_ITw.jpg

JUDGE: in the case Colin Kaepernick v NFL, would the defendant’s representative like to call their first witness.

KAEP’s ATTORNEY: We have only one witness your honour, we’d like to call up Nathan Peterman.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Bill Burr In an American hill billy accent - "whenever i go to church and the pastor says everybody take their knees, i will NOT disrespect god by getting on my *ing knees, everybody knows if you believe in jesus you stand up, you go eye ball to eye ball with that hippy son of a bitch and you see how you measure up"

:sob::sob:

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
47 NFL Quarterbacks Worse Than Colin Kaepernick
Sam Dunn
18 SEP 2018

NOTE: The following list draws from ESPN's list of currently-rostered NFL quarterbacks as of Week 2. Rookies that haven't played were not included.

Brandon Allen
Josh Allen
CJ Beathard
Tim Boyle
Sam Bradford
Jacoby Brissett
Matt Cassell
Chase Daniel
Joshua Dobbs
Jeff Driskel
David Fales
Luke Falk
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Glennon
Ryan Griffin
Robert Griffin III
Taylor Heinicke
Chad Henne
Tayson Hill
Kevin Hogan
Brian Hoyer
Brett Hundley
Brad Kaaya
Chad Kelly
Cody Kessler
DeShone Kizer
Kyle Lauletta
Eli Manning
Sean Mannion
AJ McCarron
Josh McCown
Colt McCoy
Brock Osweiler
Nathan Peterman
Bryce Petty
Cooper Rush
Matt Schaub
Trevor Siemian
Kyle Sloter
Geno Smith
Drew Stanton
Nate Sudfeld
Alex Tanney
Mitchell Trubisky
Joe Webb
Brandon Weeden
Mike White

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Sam Dunn
18 SEP 2018

NOTE: The following list draws from ESPN's list of currently-rostered NFL quarterbacks as of Week 2. Rookies that haven't played were not included.

Brandon Allen
Josh Allen
CJ Beathard
Tim Boyle
Sam Bradford
Jacoby Brissett
Matt Cassell
Chase Daniel
Joshua Dobbs
Jeff Driskel
David Fales
Luke Falk
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Glennon
Ryan Griffin
Robert Griffin III
Taylor Heinicke
Chad Henne
Tayson Hill
Kevin Hogan
Brian Hoyer
Brett Hundley
Brad Kaaya
Chad Kelly
Cody Kessler
DeShone Kizer
Kyle Lauletta
Eli Manning
Sean Mannion
AJ McCarron
Josh McCown
Colt McCoy
Brock Osweiler
Nathan Peterman
Bryce Petty
Cooper Rush
Matt Schaub
Trevor Siemian
Kyle Sloter
Geno Smith
Drew Stanton
Nate Sudfeld
Alex Tanney
Mitchell Trubisky
Joe Webb
Brandon Weeden
Mike White

Jacoby Brissett on that list? lol, please child.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
And its a dumb list, who's to say how good he is now? was on a downward spiral at the speed of light when we saw him playing last. No doubt he should still be a backup in this league all things being equal, but there are plenty of guys on that list that could easily be better than him.

McCown, McCarron, Sloter, Lauletta, Manning, Trubisky etc etc

Josh Allen being on that list is blasphemy also after one start.. Impressive pre season and wasn't actually bad at all last week despite the blowout.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sam Dunn
18 SEP 2018

Brandon Allen
Josh Allen
CJ Beathard
Tim Boyle
Sam Bradford
Jacoby Brissett
Matt Cassell
Chase Daniel
Joshua Dobbs
Jeff Driskel
David Fales
Luke Falk
Blaine Gabbert
Mike Glennon
Ryan Griffin
Robert Griffin III
Taylor Heinicke
Chad Henne
Tayson Hill
Kevin Hogan
Brian Hoyer
Brett Hundley
Brad Kaaya
Chad Kelly
Cody Kessler
DeShone Kizer
Kyle Lauletta
Eli Manning
Sean Mannion
AJ McCarron
Josh McCown
Colt McCoy
Brock Osweiler
Nathan Peterman
Bryce Petty
Cooper Rush
Matt Schaub
Trevor Siemian
Kyle Sloter
Geno Smith
Drew Stanton
Nate Sudfeld
Alex Tanney
Mitchell Trubisky
Joe Webb
Brandon Weeden
Mike White
Hoyer?
Kelly?
RG3?
Manning?
Siemian?
etc.?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Actress Jenifer Lewis shows support for Colin Kaepernick at Emmys
Posted by Charean Williams on September 18, 2018, 10:40 PM EDT
gettyimages-1035143422-e1537324837746.jpg

Getty Images

Jenifer Lewis, a Broadway actress and star of Black-ish, wore a custom Nike sweater on the Emmy Awards’ red carpet Monday night, telling Variety she was showing support for Colin Kapernick.

I am wearing Nike to applaud them for supporting Colin Kaepernick and his protest against racial injustice and police brutality,” Lewis, 61, said before further explaining that she wondered, “What can I do? What can I do that’s meaningful? I’ll wear Nike. I’ll wear Nike to say thank you. Thank you for leading the resistance. We need more corporate America to stand up also.”

Nike recently unveiled an ad featuring the former 49ers quarterback. “Believe in something,” the message superimposed over Kaepernick’s face declares. “Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

Lewis is the latest of several celebrities to come out in support of Kaepernick, joining Kathy Griffin, Ava DuVernay and Chelsea Peretti among others.

“Thank you, Colin,” Lewis told Variety. “Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for being brave. Thank you for being courageous. Thank you for taking a knee. Thank you.”

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in?

Good rant Taya, whoever you are, but he wasn’t taking a knee against the flag or soldiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Except that their share price is now higher and they've made far more sales than usual since the ad campaign...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-spurs-spike-in-sold-out-items-idUSKCN1LZ2G4
Technically speaking, it was only online sales but that's beside the point. Nike doesn't give a flying * about perceived police brutality, supposed racial injustice, disrespecting Old Glory and any other social justice cause, they care about their sales and that's it.

In an increasingly competitive market where Adidas, Under Armor and others are biting into their market share, they're using Kaepernick as a sales tool and the underlying issues, whatever they may be, won't be tackled or solved. Frankly, it's a ******* disgrace.

Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good rant Taya, whoever you are, but he wasn’t taking a knee against the flag or soldiers.
His "sacrifice" is questionable at best.

Except that their share price is now higher and they've made far more sales than usual since the ad campaign...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-spurs-spike-in-sold-out-items-idUSKCN1LZ2G4

Catching up on a long period of sluggish to no growth.

As mentioned online only and is that NA online sales or China who don't give two shits about Kaepernick?

Coincidence that they had a meh 12 months prior to this coming off strong competition and previously denying access to their modern sweatshops and nearly losing billions in uni revenue and licensing?

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Catching up on a long period of sluggish to no growth.

As mentioned online only and is that NA online sales or China who don't give two shits about Kaepernick?

Coincidence that they had a meh 12 months prior to this coming off strong competition and previously denying access to their modern sweatshops and nearly losing billions in uni revenue and licensing?
You are conflating two different issues, just as you did to TGBB's post.

Your post implied that Nike would regret hitching their wagon to Kaepernick because they "[lost] $5billion in one day" and when I posted proof that they'd already made back that "money" (and more), you bring up the non sequitur of sweatshops.

While there's no doubt that there is a significant amount of hypocrisy in their apparent stance on social justice, your initial post was proven wrong.

Also, do online sales count for less than bricks-and-mortar sales or something?

Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree, but not the point of my post.
You are conflating two different issues, just as you did to TGBB's post.

Your post implied that Nike would regret hitching their wagon to Kaepernick because they "[lost] $5billion in one day" and when I posted proof that they'd already made back that "money" (and more), you bring up the non sequitur of sweatshops.

While there's no doubt that there is a significant amount of hypocrisy in their apparent stance on social justice, your initial post was proven wrong.

Also, do online sales count for less than bricks-and-mortar sales or something?
Sorry I didn't specify at the point in time they were down 5 billion. Jesus *. Can a franchise afford that level of fear and doubt for a QB that is definitely not as good as current Fitzmagic? Nike just has to sell more crap to recover, a franchise would have to prove Kaepernick was worth it - hard to do with him on the bench.

Sales from differing regions / channels absolutely hold different weight and play differing roles in Nike's market value.

The re-emergence of protests against Nike accompanied by Nike refusing access to bodies monitoring working conditions was part and parcel of their loss of market share and minimal growth over the last 12+ months so a spike in one month after an expensive ad campaign is nice, I guess.

Nike will be absolutely fine, they have run multiple cynical as * ad campaigns with varying results.

How did they show balls?

They needed a DB, Reid was best available and they didn’t cower to people being outraged whether that be own fans or NFL/ other owners.

Lack of balls would be picking up an inferior player for no other good reason than it doesn’t upset anybody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back