Other Colin Kaepernick is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem is a Celebration of Slavery

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised the Falcons weren't the ones to go after Reid honestly, would be perfect for them, love their hybrid lb/safeties. With Neal and Jones on IR would have made a tone of sense.

But they are technically in the south, right?

I would have pegged them as well, Blank has in the past come out in support of players kneeling.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I would have pegged them as well, Blank has in the past come out in support of players kneeling.

Lot of black influence and money in Atlanta, that i know, and why i ask if they are "technically" a southern team.

Perhaps like the other 30 owners he didn't want any part of a player currently suing the NFL.

Lot of black influence and money in Atlanta, that i know, and why i ask if they are "technically" a southern team.

Perhaps like the other 30 owners he didn't want any part of a player currently suing the NFL.

No balls. Active players have sued NFL in the past. Pretty sure Joe Thomas was part of the CTE suit

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Tenuous link at best, conservative blogs really scraping the barrel here.

Anyway your point that Kaep was mixing with terrorists sympathisers is miles off the mark.

Sarsour has won widespread praise for her work for women and minorities, simple fact. Your accusation against her is just simply garbage and innuendo.
Please. The man she credits as being a mentor is a named co-conspirator in a terrorist attack. If that is tenuous I’d hate to see what you need for a solid link.

Please. The man she credits as being a mentor is a named co-conspirator in a terrorist attack. If that is tenuous I’d hate to see what you need for a solid link.

Absolute garbage, she has never been charged because there’s not a shred of evidence. Do you think a President of the US would ever praise a co-conspirator of a terrorist attack? Stop reading delusional extreme right blogs.

Regardless has sweet fa to do with Kaep, pretty poor attempt to smear his name.

11sjw

Cancelled
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Absolute garbage, she has never been charged because there’s not a shred of evidence. Do you think a President of the US would ever praise a co-conspirator of a terrorist attack? Stop reading delusional extreme right blogs.

Regardless has sweet fa to do with Kaep, pretty poor attempt to smear his name.
She's not a co-conspirator. The mentor is/was the person named.

She's not a co-conspirator. The mentor is/was the person named.

Ah the mentor’s son you mean?
The mentor was the first Muslim invited to to do opening prayer in US House of Reps. Give it up mate, just admit a poor slur against Kaep.

11sjw

Cancelled
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Ah the mentor’s son you mean?
The mentor was the first Muslim invited to to do opening prayer in US House of Reps. Give it up mate, just admit a poor slur against Kaep.
The mentor's son was running the School Shooter academy. The mentor is the Imam in Brooklyn that was named as a co-conspirator in the WTC bombing. So when your mentor is named as such it's easy to say she has terrorist links. Outside of that, advocating for Sharia Law in a western democracy I do have a problem with. Hence his choice of association is questionable IMO.

Kaep's protest per se I don't have a real drama with. IMO he should have a look at statistics and find out which group who kills more African Americans than any other and focus there first. When the focus is "I know my rights" you'd hope there'd also be some teachings that mean "I know my responsibilities" as well.

The mentor's son was running the School Shooter academy. The mentor is the Imam in Brooklyn that was named as a co-conspirator in the WTC bombing. So when your mentor is named as such it's easy to say she has terrorist links. Outside of that, advocating for Sharia Law in a western democracy I do have a problem with. Hence his choice of association is questionable IMO.

Kaep's protest per se I don't have a real drama with. IMO he should have a look at statistics and find out which group who kills more African Americans than any other and focus there first. When the focus is "I know my rights" you'd hope there'd also be some teachings that mean "I know my responsibilities" as well.

Some twat said he may be a person of interest in the WTC bombings, never even charged and comment was not based on any evidence, just the position he was in at the time.

And whether or why African Americans kill each other is completing different story to why some are killed by police.
It’s a silly argument.

I mean poorer and more neglected group and hence more prone to crime, but you’re insinuating that’s a reason for police to shoot unnecessarily, which was clearly the case in the cases that outraged America?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Before new ad campaign, Nike almost dropped Kaepernick
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2018, 10:46 AM EDT

gettyimages-1027286522-e1538232337539.jpg

Getty Images

The month began with Nike rolling out a major ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick. Before that, the company almost severed ties with him.

As explained by Julie Creswell, Kevin Draper, and Sapna Maheshwari of the New York Times, Nike debated severing ties with Kaepernick in the summer of 2017, and Nike “very nearly did.” Per the report, a “top communications executive” at Nike eventually made a persuasive case for keeping Kaepernick on the corporate roster of athlete endorsers. Kaepernick stayed there for a year, basically in mothballs.

Then came the 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” campaign, and Nike decided to dust off its relationship with Kaepernick, and to take it to an unprecedented level.

In the end, Nike balanced the risk of alienating the NFL, for which Nike has been the exclusive apparel provider since 2012 and will be until at least 2028, against the “credibility the company would gain with the young, urban market it has long targeted.”

And that’s exactly the point that should have been widely made after the deal emerged. Nike isn’t doing “the right thing.” Nike is doing what it believes will be the profitable thing. Because Nike, as a publicly-traded company, has a fiduciary duty to its shareholders to make as much money as possible.

So far, it has worked. To the point where Kaepernick’s supporter and partner in protests has finally gotten an NFL contract, and the world somehow has kept spinning.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Was happy to see Reid kneeling during the anthem today, my team not utensil blocking him. Not that i thought we would after hearing our owners comments about anthem kneeling last week anyway. Calling Trump a red headed clown or something like that. :tearsofjoy:

David Tepper is a legend.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
This guy sounds like a real locker room cancer

Eric Reid: Malcolm Jenkins sold out protest movement

Carolina Panthers defensive back Eric Reid accused Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and the Players Coalition of stealing away the social inequality protest movement among NFL players that was first started by Colin Kaepernick.

"He's a sellout," Reid told reporters after the Panthers' 21-17 victory. "He was corrupt from the jump. He knew what he was doing from the offset. His goal was to sell us out, and he did that."

Reid's comments come after he got into an altercation with Jenkins before the pregame coin toss at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday. Reid went on to the field while Jenkins was taking part in the coin toss and got into a verbal altercation with Jenkins before being pushed back toward the sideline by a Panthers assistant.

Reid, who is not a team captain, told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that he didn't inform Pantherscoach Ron Rivera of his intentions to go on the field during the coin toss. He also said he didn't regret his actions.

"I don't focus on Malcolm every day," Reid said. "My focus is on the fight, the fight of my people. We just crossed paths today.

"We believe a lot of players should have stepped up for Colin. I believe Malcolm capitalized on the situation. He co-opted the movement that was started by Colin to get his organization funded. Its cowardly. He sold us out."

Jenkins, for his part, says he holds no animosity toward Reid or Kaepernick.

"Look, we are bound to disagree strongly at times, but we also try to handle our family business and grievances personally rather than publicly," NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero on Sunday night. "That said, it is undeniable that both of these men and those working along side of them have been leaders on social justice issues and that the change they have brought about has undoubtedly made an impact for good."

The animosity between Jenkins and Reid stems from Reid's decision to leave the Players Coalition shortly before it entered into a partnership with the NFL that has dedicated close to $90 million for efforts and programs combating social inequality. Reid publicly stated last year some of the reasons why he chose not to be part of the Players Coalition.

The initiative came in response to player demonstrations during the national anthem before games over the last three seasons -- demonstrations that originally started in 2016 when Kaepernick took a knee during the national anthem during a San Francisco 49ers preseason game. Reid later joined Kaepernick in taking a knee during the anthem.

Reid has continued his on-field protests against social injustice and racial inequality since signing with the Panthers last month. The NFL's national anthem policy, which was approved by team owners in May, is currently on hold amid ongoing discussions between the league and the NFL Players Association.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eid-malcolm-jenkins-sold-out-protest-movement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The NFLPA is "disappointed" that arbitrator Shyam Das denied Eric Reid's legal claim against the Cincinnati Bengals.

During Reid's visit with the Bengals this offseason, he was reportedly asked if he had plans to continue to kneel during the national anthem. After his response, Reid left without a contract, so Reid's legal team filed a grievance against the Bengals. That claim was denied yesterday by the arbitrator, but Reid is still continuing with his separate collusion case against the NFL alongside unsigned Colin Kaepernick.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
The NFLPA is "disappointed" that arbitrator Shyam Das denied Eric Reid's legal claim against the Cincinnati Bengals.

During Reid's visit with the Bengals this offseason, he was reportedly asked if he had plans to continue to kneel during the national anthem. After his response, Reid left without a contract, so Reid's legal team filed a grievance against the Bengals. That claim was denied yesterday by the arbitrator, but Reid is still continuing with his separate collusion case against the NFL alongside unsigned Colin Kaepernick.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
The question is a perfectly legitimate concern for any team. Hardly surprising it was thrown out. Meanwhile, ridiculous claims perpetuate and the lawyers keep making bank.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL says PED testing is random after Eric Reid raises questions
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 9, 2018, 11:01 AM EST
gettyimages-1059405062-e1541779142476.jpg

Getty Images

Panthers safety Eric Reid complained after Thursday night’s game that he’s been tested for performance-enhancing drugs far more than should be expected if the testing is truly random. The NFL quickly pushed back against those comments.

Reid, who was ejected from the game for a hit on Ben Roethlisberger, told reporters afterward that he was required to submit to a drug test for the fifth time since signing with the Panthers six weeks ago.

“This is like the fifth time since I’ve been here,” he said. “They’re not going to catch me on anything.”

That led to some chatter that perhaps the NFL is targeting Reid, who has filed a collusion claim accusing league owners of conspiring to keep him out of the NFL because he kneeled during the national anthem.

But NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote on Twitter on Friday morning that the league and the players’ union jointly oversee the random PED testing process.

“Re: PED testing: Each week during the season, 10 players per club will be tested,” McCarthy wrote. “By means of a computer program, the policy’s jointly appointed Independent Administrator randomly selects before the game players to be tested.”

McCarthy provided a link to the NFL-NFLPA policy to show exactly how testing works. While it’s easy to believe NFL owners kept Reid out of the league because of his protest, it’s extraordinarily difficult to believe that the NFL is subverting the drug testing policy in an attempt to frame Reid. If he’s been tested more times than most players, it was probably just the luck of the draw.

NFL says PED testing is random after Eric Reid raises questions
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 9, 2018, 11:01 AM EST
gettyimages-1059405062-e1541779142476.jpg

Getty Images

Panthers safety Eric Reid complained after Thursday night’s game that he’s been tested for performance-enhancing drugs far more than should be expected if the testing is truly random. The NFL quickly pushed back against those comments.

Reid, who was ejected from the game for a hit on Ben Roethlisberger, told reporters afterward that he was required to submit to a drug test for the fifth time since signing with the Panthers six weeks ago.

“This is like the fifth time since I’ve been here,” he said. “They’re not going to catch me on anything.”

That led to some chatter that perhaps the NFL is targeting Reid, who has filed a collusion claim accusing league owners of conspiring to keep him out of the NFL because he kneeled during the national anthem.

But NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote on Twitter on Friday morning that the league and the players’ union jointly oversee the random PED testing process.

“Re: PED testing: Each week during the season, 10 players per club will be tested,” McCarthy wrote. “By means of a computer program, the policy’s jointly appointed Independent Administrator randomly selects before the game players to be tested.”

McCarthy provided a link to the NFL-NFLPA policy to show exactly how testing works. While it’s easy to believe NFL owners kept Reid out of the league because of his protest, it’s extraordinarily difficult to believe that the NFL is subverting the drug testing policy in an attempt to frame Reid. If he’s been tested more times than most players, it was probably just the luck of the draw.

So there’s a 20% of any given player being tested in any particular week. Yet Reid has been tested 5 out of the last 6 weeks. That’s very unlucky!!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
another example where it's okay to commit a variety of criminal offences and still find work, but not if you oppose the anthem, or, more to the point, sue the NFL.

---------------

Redskins claimed LB Reuben Foster off waivers from the 49ers.

It's shocking, shocking news just three days after Foster was accused of domestic violence for the second time this year. Foster was arrested and booked on one charge of misdemeanor domestic-violence battery on Saturday in Florida. It was his third arrest of 2018. He was then informed of his release from the 49ers on Sunday morning. The Redskins have one of the league's most indifferent ownership groups, but we are still stunned anyone was willing to make this move at this time. It's unclear if Foster will immediately be suspended or placed on the commissioner's exempt list.
Related: 49ers

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Washington has discussed Colin Kaepernick but unlikely to pursue him
Posted by Charean Williams on December 4, 2018, 3:23 PM EST
gettyimages-630771046-e1537836886491.jpg

Getty Images

Washington coach Jay Gruden revealed Tuesday the team has discussed bringing in free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

But while the team is giving Reuben Foster a second chance, it does not appear they will do the same for Kaepernick.

“He’s been talked about and discussed, but we will probably go a different direction,” Gruden said of Kaepernick, via Grant Paulsen of 106.7 The Fan.

When Alex Smith was lost for the year in a Nov. 18 game against the Texans, Washington worked out EJ Manuel, Kellen Clemens, Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson and T.J. Yates. They signed Sanchez, who now is their starter after Colt McCoy fractured his right leg Monday night.

Kaepernick obviously has the best resume of the available options, though no one has given him an opportunity since 2016 when he and San Francisco parted ways.

He went 28-30, started in a Super Bowl and threw 72 touchdowns and only 30 interceptions in six seasons in San Francisco. Kaepernick also ran for 2,300 yards and 13 touchdowns in his career.

PFT reported after Smith’s injury that Kaepernick wants to play and continues to work out five hours a day, six days a week in hopes of that happening.

I thought everyone could do whatever TF they wanted on their employer's time. Then I tried protesting at work and got told to STFU real fast or risk losing my job. Guess it happens!

People strike and don’t lose their jobs. What are you on about? Protest about what? Do you stand for national anthem at work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back