Other Colin Kaepernick is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem is a Celebration of Slavery

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao, JD causing s**t storms at his kids assembly, fight breaks out in the crowd of parents while kids are playing hot cross buns on recorders.
You want to see me when they start with the religious bullshit.

Take no prisoners. :)

I am a standup and hats off person when it comes to any national anthem. Mainly because that is how I was raised, bit like the minutes silence simply see it as a respect thing and that applies to Australia and any other nation.

The traction this action is getting is ridiculous but as a world we are getting distracted by little things and consequently the big issues are being missed which is the most concerning thing of all.

One thing I have found strange when watching sporting events in the US, considering the reverence star spangled banners seems to have is two things
- number of athletes who don't sing it, and
- what appears to be the yahooing of the crowd at certain aspects of star spangled banner

yet neither of these points ever seem to be discussed (my view as an outsider looking in), maybe those who know American culture can shed light on this

As I understand your history, not having had to go thru those things gives you a much different base from which your nation developed. I think there is still a fairly strong sense of individual state loyalty that is not really found over here anymore.

Except for Texas right? ;) :p

I am a standup and hats off person when it comes to any national anthem. Mainly because that is how I was raised, bit like the minutes silence simply see it as a respect thing and that applies to Australia and any other nation.

The traction this action is getting is ridiculous but as a world we are getting distracted by little things and consequently the big issues are being missed which is the most concerning thing of all.

One thing I have found strange when watching sporting events in the US, considering the reverence star spangled banners seems to have is two things
- number of athletes who don't sing it, and
- what appears to be the yahooing of the crowd at certain aspects of star spangled banner

yet neither of these points ever seem to be discussed (my view as an outsider looking in), maybe those who know American culture can shed light on this

To point one, pretty sure that a lot of people don't even know the words and that no doubt explains some of it.

The yelping is done by some fans to "express" their deep patriotism and how awesome they are as citizens of the US of A. ;)

Last edited:
As is clear by now, I don't get to worked up about the anthem. I do stand and remove my hat but that is my personal choice and I would rather not live in a place that "requires" certain behavior. So long as you are not disruptive or bothering your neighbors who are standing/singing--it's not a big deal to me.

There is one fanbase that handles it in a pretty unique way and actually, I think it comes off as much better than the usual way you hear it-

Silly question here.
Are San Diego supporters going to be classed as racists for their Adam Goodes like booing at Colin today????

Silly question here.
Are San Diego supporters going to be classed as racists for their Adam Goodes like booing at Colin today????

It's only racist/sexist/unpatriotic/bigoted if you do not conform to vous populi.

Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this. They don't like players making protests on the field. This is one they can't really stop though without overplaying their hand.

Being an election year they'll need to tread even more carefully. The reaction to this protest plays well for conservatives. The democrats I'm sure wishes it would go away.

Silly question here.

Wait, I thought they were booing Joey Bosa's mum?

ESPN's Jim Trotter reports players and coaches from both the 49ers and Chargers supported Colin Kaepernick's silent protest during the national anthem before Thursday's preseason finale.

If we're going to post the backlash stories, it's important to post the ones of support for Kaepernick. While "anonymous" front-office types allegedly bashed Kap through Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman earlier this week, players and coaches have rallied around Kap, with teammate S Eric Reid and Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane joining Kap in refusing to stand for the national anthem Thursday. Kap did stand for God Bless America and even hung out with veterans and active service members following the game, which was the Chargers' annual Military Night.

Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pure gold....enjoy

http://deadspin.com/tomi-lahren-is-a-facebook-meme-come-to-life-and-america-1786062538

"best" line..."aren't you half-white?!?"

(well, actually there are so many "best" lines its hard to pick just one...but truly she is a joy to behold)

Talk about the riot act, wowee, isnt she just the little firecracker, ive watched the two vids, calling him a "whiny lil bitch" and "stay sat down on the bench cause you suck" my personal "favs"

I wouldnt have guessed she was from Dallas. :rolleyes:

Talk about the riot act, wowee, isnt she just the little firecracker, ive watched the two vids, calling him a "whiny lil bitch" and "stay sat down on the bench cause you suck" my personal "favs"

I wouldnt have guessed she was from Dallas. :rolleyes:

Love that she ranted in second clip that she didn't say anything about him losing job, etc...but conveniently forgot she said he should "leave the country" for espousing his free speech. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back