Other Colin Kaepernick is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem is a Celebration of Slavery

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh so you're saying Trump is racist? Pretty poor form throwing all the politicians under one umbrella like that I would have thought. 👎

I've re-read it, tell me what I'm missing. The analogy seems to be that if it weren't for <groups named> racism would be dead, theyre the only people keeping it alive so to speak.

I've re-read it, tell me what I'm missing. The analogy seems to be that if it weren't for <groups named> racism would be dead, theyre the only people keeping it alive so to speak.
It's not saying they are the racists. It's saying they highlight it. Like I said earlier on in this thread that every election cycle the Democrats do it to get minorities on their side again, but then they never do anything to help them once they get elected and the cycle continues. Used and abused over and over again

Politicians on both sides are cowards, look at US gun policy...each President says how sorry they are after latest shooting and then does bugger all about it...both sides of politics.

Look at Newstart here, hasn’t changed for 25 years! I’ve been lucky enough to always have a job but the amount they ask people to live off is ridiculously low. Neither side of politics here has had the balls to raise it.

Agreed but they act like they care is because if they don't there will be outrage.

Same as when companies like the AFL do the YES thing, or Madden postpones their game announcement because they're focussing on helping the black community, or companies change their social media profiles to be a rainbow in support of gay people. It does nothing productive. But at least people will know they're good people running those companies, as if that matters...

Agreed but they act like they care is because if they don't there will be outrage.

Same as when companies like the AFL do the YES thing, or Madden postpones their game announcement because they're focussing on helping the black community, or companies change their social media profiles to be a rainbow in support of gay people. It does nothing productive. But at least people will know they're good people running those companies, as if that matters...
AFL is a good example, they and the clubs (including my own) pretend they care about the community but if they did the clubs wouldn’t rely on pokies as a source of revenue and AFL would not have betting agency as one of major sponsors. Some may counter that it’s people’s choice whether they gamble but so was smoking. If there was no govt law banning promotion of smoking would it still be ok to have a tobacco company as a major sponsor?

Oh so you're saying Trump is racist? Pretty poor form throwing all the politicians under one umbrella like that I would have thought. 👎
Everybody is racist, heightist, ageist etc. It's merely ignorance and stupidity that allows those evolutionary grouping mechanisms to guide thoughts and actions due to a dearth of critical thinking. It works both ways as well, many cannot separate criticism of a political or corporate body no matter how justified with an attack on the group that body represents be it ethnic, religious or anything else, even sports. Just look at any discussion on the CCP and how quickly that devolves but you get a bunch of people talking about US politics and there is not "you're racist against the US" (usually) even though that would be more valid as they are elected unlike the CCP.

People can be really smart but many are too poorly educated and some are just plain dumb.

AFL is a good example, they and the clubs (including my own) pretend they care about the community but if they did the clubs wouldn’t rely on pokies as a source of revenue and AFL would not have betting agency as one of major sponsors. Some may counter that it’s people’s choice whether they gamble but so was smoking. If there was no govt law banning promotion of smoking would it still be ok to have a tobacco company as a major sponsor?
Depends how much they're paying, amiright.

smoking and gambling are really comparable imo

Politicians on both sides are cowards, look at US gun policy...each President says how sorry they are after latest shooting and then does bugger all about it...both sides of politics.

Look at Newstart here, hasn’t changed for 25 years! I’ve been lucky enough to always have a job but the amount they ask people to live off is ridiculously low. Neither side of politics here has had the balls to raise it.
What have you been smoking? Recent events show that US citizens need the right to protect themselves.

What have you been smoking? Recent events show that US citizens need the right to protect themselves.
Well yes African Americans will hopefully get that soon, been downtrodden long enough.

Well yes African Americans will hopefully get that soon, been downtrodden long enough.

"And this is all happening at time when black Americans are also dying of COVID-19 at much higher rates than whites, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "

"And this is all happening at time when black Americans are also dying of COVID-19 at much higher rates than whites, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "

Yeah they’re dying at a higher rate because they are doing the shittier jobs where exposes them to virus, catching train to work, meatworks, checkouts.
That Michael Tracey sounds like a self entitled ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they’re dying at a higher rate because they are doing the shittier jobs where exposes them to virus, catching train to work, meatworks, checkouts.
That Michael Tracey sounds like a self entitled ****
They also had people telling them that they couldn't get COVID19 because they are black and or a minority. :rolleyes: Those videos, so much cringe.

By voting them out.

And by civil protest.

It's not saying they are the racists. It's saying they highlight it. Like I said earlier on in this thread that every election cycle the Democrats do it to get minorities on their side again, but then they never do anything to help them once they get elected and the cycle continues. Used and abused over and over again

Don't necessarily disagree with the nature of supposed centre-left parties to court minority voting without backing it up with action.
However to say that that is the only form of racism that exists in 2020 is remarkably naive.

And by civil protest.

Don't necessarily disagree with the nature of supposed centre-left parties to court minority voting without backing it up with action.
However to say that that is the only form of racism that exists in 2020 is remarkably naive.
It's not racism. Never said it was

Urinating tree,is that you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back