Opinion Colin Young

MadMundy

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Feel the club definitely needs to bring in change in order to move forward, too many injuries to our big players every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stax on the mull

Club Legend
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
The bigger cash deal at Melbourne paying more money to Young would have really stung.
Money was good, but whether it was the best deal for the player in the long term, we'll never know.

But Young has expressed publicly in the past (if only in an offhand way) that the relationship could sometimes be a bit prickly.

After one of the deals was finalised in trade week a few years ago (maybe it was the McCarthy deal - I can't remember), he said something along the lines of "Maybe Ross won't give me a clip like he usually does".

showemhowtorock

Senior List
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is like really really bad guys. How is this not huge news???
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because we are irrelevant in a WC run town, and as a passionate freo fan who would give anything to see the club have some success its breaks my heart and has me fuming. Unfortunately though, that is the way it is and there isnt much that can be done to change it

showemhowtorock

Senior List
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
regarding my comments above^^
when i say there isnt much that can be done to change it i mean in the present, in time this circumstance will change.
when you think about it there is very little representation of the freo dockers in most media, so there is no one directly there to back up the dockers when these comments are made.
They also came into the league after wc were already so successful so everyone was already on that banwagon.
Freo is still so young as a club, still in its first generation if you will, As time goes on we will see the fanbase grow and respect gained.
The only way to fast track this though is success unfortunately :(

Top Bottom