Injury Colledge: good news

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to hear it's nothing serious. Real guts from Colledge but could have been prevented couldn't it.

That sort of stage in a Foxtel Cup match where we are up by 50 points we'd hate to lose Colledge for a season. Call him out next time Scotty?

Glad to hear it's nothing serious. Real guts from Colledge but could have been prevented couldn't it.

That sort of stage in a Foxtel Cup match where we are up by 50 points we'd hate to lose Colledge for a season. Call him out next time Scotty?

Scotty did call him out, and Colledge turned around only to cop a knee. Accidents happen.

Great news for the lad.

That one act will earn him the respect of his coaches and peers for years to come. No amount of training prepares someone for a situation like that, some guys baulk and pull out, others commit 100%. Pure guts.

Great news for the lad.

That one act will earn him the respect of his coaches and peers for years to come. No amount of training prepares someone for a situation like that, some guys baulk and pull out, others commit 100%. Pure guts.
I only saw a brief replay of the incident, so maybe i am interpreting it incorrectly, but to me it seemed to have a fair element of lack of awareness. Am I wrong?

I wonder if an incident like that can get into the head of a young player...

It was lack of awareness to a degree but also brave - he turned at the last moment when Lycett must have called him out

I only saw a brief replay of the incident, so maybe i am interpreting it incorrectly, but to me it seemed to have a fair element of lack of awareness. Am I wrong?

I wouldn't have thought so. His eyes were locked on the footy, at the very last moment he senses oncoming traffic and turns his head slightly.

I guarantee if you ask the kid, he would say it wasn't a conscious decision. The ball was flying in, he wanted to be a part of the play so he went heard at it. Hats off to him.

I wouldn't have thought so. His eyes were locked on the footy, at the very last moment he senses oncoming traffic and turns his head slightly.

I guarantee if you ask the kid, he would say it wasn't a conscious decision. The ball was flying in, he wanted to be a part of the play so he went heard at it. Hats off to him.

Surely you have a look to where the ball's being kicked to first, to see if the ball's going to a leading target?

But that's just me

Surely you have a look to where the ball's being kicked to first, to see if the ball's going to a leading target?

But that's just me

In normal circumstances, absolutely. In this case, he watched it off the boot and I believe he thought he was a legit chance of plucking the mark. In other words, he may have thought that HE was the target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back