NCAA College Football off-season 22 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

at the SEC media day earlier in the week Saben said Alabama players made over $3m in NIL last year.

and he had a cry about A&M out bidding them, how many schools did they outbid :think:

at the SEC media day earlier in the week Saben said Alabama players made over $3m in NIL last year.

and he had a cry about A&M out bidding them, how many schools did they outbid :think:
All but one probably 😂

He was having a cry about this a few weeks ago, but does anyone really think it the end of college football if bama get out recruited?

All but one probably 😂

He was having a cry about this a few weeks ago, but does anyone really think it the end of college football if bama get out recruited?
He is always having a sook. but i guess i would be [even more] a whiny campaigner if i had to live in Alabama.

He is always having a sook. but i guess i would be [even more] a whiny campaigner if i had to live in Alabama.
He has it better than Kiffin in Mississippi

Fox has poached Jason Benetti from ESPN. He will be the #2 PBP teamed with Brock Huard for the upcoming season. as Joe Davis takes over Joe Buck's MLB duties and also moves to the NFL on Fox where he will be the #2 team.

Good move for Fox, ESPN never promoted Benetti i think he was on the Friday night game last year, before that he was mostly stuck on the MW or 2nd Pac-12 late night game.

Fox has poached Jason Benetti from ESPN. He will be the #2 PBP teamed with Brock Huard for the upcoming season. as Joe Davis takes over Joe Buck's MLB duties and also moves to the NFL on Fox where he will be the #2 team.

Good move for Fox, ESPN never promoted Benetti i think he was on the Friday night game last year, before that he was mostly stuck on the MW or 2nd Pac-12 late night game.
Brock Huard?
As in ex Kansas City Chief QB?

Edit: Made me go looking, I'm thinking of his older brother Damon Huard. Brock only played for Seattle and Indianapolis.
But yes, both played QB and were the first set of brothers to ever start at qb on the same day.

Brock Huard?
As in ex Kansas City Chief QB?

Edit: Made me go looking, I'm thinking of his older brother Damon Huard. Brock only played for Seattle and Indianapolis.
But yes, both played QB and were the first set of brothers to ever start at qb on the same day.
Brock has been in tv for a while now. Was on ESPN doing west coast games then moved to fox and does some fill in NFL games the last 2 years. Was also lead color commentator for XFL and USFL games on Fox.

Alison Williams is joining fox as the sideline reporter for the Huard/Benetti team.

Yes the very same Alison Williams that quit ESPN last July over Disney's covid Vaccine policy.

So it seems Fox has lifted the vax requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big10 expected to announce their new TV deal this week. Fox will be main partner, CBS paying $350m a year for the 3:30 games. and NBC picking up a night game and possibly some extras for streaming on peacock.

Would be the first time in 40 years ESPN wont have Big10 unless they make a late charge

With that locked up, does that stop BigTen expansion until around 2030?
No. i would imagine there are hidden triggers in the deal like the SEC did with ESPN where if they add more teams the deal is increased based on the teams. but it could lead to schools voting against teams if it will lead to a lower share.

Pac-12 will be up next with the current deal expiring in 2024, then Big12 in 2025.

Pac-12 is looking at a short term deal of 3-5 years. which will let them look into mergers or expanding if they dont do that in the next 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back