Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Hi guys,

Asking the bigfooty faithful for some advice here.

I'll be honeymooning in the US this year in early December, and at this time my future wife and I will be in either Houston, Austin or New Orleans,

I am wanting to attend a College Football match somewhere in these areas, but I have no idea where to start looking or any recomendations on teams to see and where/how to get legitmate, legal tickets.

Does anyone have any advice for a US noob? It will be my first time in the country

Stubhub. You'll pay a bit extra but it's legal and they have a seat guarantee.

I travel to the US almost every year and stubhub is the only ticket broker I deal with for college sports, NBA and NFL games.
I bought some NFL tickets off ticketmaster, so hoping thats legit.

I bought some NFL tickets off ticketmaster, so hoping thats legit.

If it was from the ticketmaster resale site you should be ok, but I would check to make sure. Can always re-sell them if you're not 100% sure.

Hi guys,

I'll be honeymooning in the US this year in early December, and at this time my future wife and I will be in either Houston, Austin or New Orleans,

I am wanting to attend a College Football match somewhere in these areas, but I have no idea where to start looking or any recomendations on teams to see and where/how to get legitmate, legal tickets.

Does anyone have any advice for a US noob? It will be my first time in the country

You’ll have to pray to god that Houston, rice or Tulane host a conference championship game to get a college game in
Unless Houston is 12-0 and playing for a spot in the playoff, you’ll probably be able to get tickets at the gate.

Though, I think Tulane now has their own stadium rather than the super dome, so that might potentially be hard.

But yeah, stubhub will be best. Used them for 2 nfl games.

(I had a connection, a high end donor of Boise state who got me x2 front row tickets as well as someone else who was happy to host me in Boise and I sat with them for that game. So I can’t give exact advice re: college tickets)

* off, the sun belt has gone the big Xii rule and are playing an undeserving conference game.

So yeah, they play 1st of December (maybe 29th/30th November) and the only options in those cities are what I’ve stated. (Texas is in big xii but their championship game is Dallas I believe)

Hope for Houston or rice to host the week you’re in Houston, or Tulane to host when you’re in New Orleans.

There will be more options if you have a car and can get about. If you’re at Austin, could always get Texas state or utsa easily. If in Houston, you’ve got Houston or rice. And if you’re in nawleans, you can get Tulane, Louisiana tech, ulm, ull or maybe even southern Mississippi

But yeah
You won’t know until maybe a week before
If you want college ball, maybe go a week earlier or maybe towards mid December

Weekend of 24 nov.
New Orleans - Tulane vs navy
Waco (near Austin) - Baylor vs Texas tech
Houston - rice vs old dominion
San Antonio (near Austin) - utsa vs north Texas
College station (near Houston) - Texas a&m vs lsu

Bowl season hasn’t been made yet
Still a lot of tbd on the schedule
But normally the New Orleans bowl is one of the first and might be mid December.

If it was from the ticketmaster resale site you should be ok, but I would check to make sure. Can always re-sell them if you're not 100% sure.
It just said ticketmaster official ticketing partner, TM has always been legit for any other events Ive booked so fingers crossed.

Edit: it was the ticketmaster resale site I believe

Last edited:
Hi guys,

If you’re hanging around long enough in December. You might get to see a bowl game in Houston and New Orleans. Not the sugar bowl though. I think that’s a New Year’s Day game

If you’re hanging around long enough in December. You might get to see a bowl game in Houston and New Orleans. Not the sugar bowl though. I think that’s a New Year’s Day game
There’s the New Orleans bowl early in bowl season
Which would fall about December 15 or so.

There’s the New Orleans bowl early in bowl season
Which would fall about December 15 or so.
Only in the US for around 10 days or so, then will be heading to Mexico

Remove this Banner Ad

Back