Collingwood $1.80 favourites!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar principal to weight stopping a train in horse racing speak.
You can't take out a sides best 3 players ( all champions ) and still compete.
If we lose it will be shattering.

Collingwood still have the disadvantage of a 4 hour flight, unfamiliar surroundings, limited supporter in the crowd etc., which will have some effect.

Winning at Subiaco Oval isn't as hard as people make out. West Coast's good home record over the last few years (the 'house of pain') is due to West Coast being a very good side over the last few years.

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt the nickname "the House of Pain" due to the fact that so many knee injuries occurred there in the earlier days?

There was a problem with the cooch grass, from memory, wasnt there?

judd kerr cousins hansen, maybe embley too

if i say we will lose then i'm making excuses.

if i say we will win i'm being terribly arrogant.

it cant be a draw

hmmmmmm

Easy money - you should be relaxed about a collect. I'll be following you.

The Eagles have lost a few gimme games at Subi this year, the worst being St Kilda, Brisbane and Fremantle. But you'll never get $2 on the Eagles at Subiaco for a long time.

Mid field decimated, the Skunks could very well take this one out, not a sure thing.

Mid field decimated, the Skunks could very well take this one out, not a sure thing.

Very strange that you seem to post more about Collingwood than your own team. Do you have a secret love of us? Are you stalking us? Is your own team not good enought to post about?

It's Fremantle's fault. They let all these teams get used to winning over here. :thumbsdown:
Well for us you don't need to blame them, they belted us there the last time we played them (2005) and we have not won a game at Subiaco since about 2004 (against the Dockers, but could have been 2003.)

We beat the Eagles in a pre-season game in 2001, but that's meaningless.

It should be a close game.

Collingwood have really only been blown away once this year (from memory) and we have rarely put teams away as well. I think the win last week might have been our biggest??

Although we haven't won in WA for a number of years, the last two times we have played WCE over there it has been less than 3 kicks and I think we were pretty competitive for the entire game.

Kerr and Judd killed us in both games, so with both of those out (plus Benny and hopefully a couple of others...) we should be a better than even chance.

It is not the favouritism that does us in, it is just the lower placed Victorian teams that seem to do it.

For the most part we always come to play against the interstate teams and for the limited times we travel, we usually get the win or close to it.

I think it will either be close or Collingwood may blow it out (35-40 points at the most though).

everyone loves being the underdog...having said that I do think that given the pies haven't beaten the Eagles in Perth since 1992 I'm surprised Eagles aren't favourites especially with Pies having 6-day break and Rocca having played his 1 good game for the month

yeah but just take a look at Hawthorn on the weekend ... they had a 5-6 day break (Sydney) & they ran all over the croows on the weekend.

Time to get back the $300 I lost on Friday night :eek:

yeah me too the only difference was the crows cost me in my multibet.... i would've pocketed just under $2,000 if they had won... from a $100 investment.

i think that i might wait to see the prices for line betting & how much Collingwood are giving the eagles in before i put my bet down. probably will be even better though to wait until thursday night when the teams are named because if there's no Judd, Cousins, Kerr & one or two others the eagles out then the price could go drift to at least $2.30+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast are the Favourites Now

Pies started faves against the Swans last week as well, but drifted out pretty quickly.
It looks like it's happening again too. Both are now at $1.92 on Centrebet.
Same thing will happen here. Come Friday night Pies will probably be about $2 - $2.10
It's quite possible that will happen over the next fifteen hours from now with the way it's going. I see that the Eagles are warm favourites in The Age today as well. Nine tipsters have selected West Coast, and only five have selected Collingwood. I don't count the 'Black Dog' of course.
if the game was in Melbourne then Pies would be $1.50 fav i reckon...finals against the reigning premier in Perth is not easy
It's definitely going to be difficult. West Coast do have sixteen premiership players in their team and are playing at home.

You want crazy, look at the Hawks/Kangas odds. Hawks are at $1.50. I mean sure North lost last week, but the Hawks scraped a win on the siren and lost by six goals last time the two sides played.

Not surprised if Collingwood go in with favourite tag.

No excuses as we'll put 22 players out there tonight, but surely if you take two Brownlow medalists and a runner up out of one team (who all play in the same part of the ground) and then pit them against a quality side, it would be a huge slap in the face to said quality side to suggest the Eagles are still favourite to win.

It's basically saying the Eagles are sooooo much better than Collingwood they don't need their best 3 players.

I think even if the Pies did win, it'd be an upset. Which is why you can't go past the Eagles at those odds. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pies got over the line, but it's more likely that the Eagles will win. The good thing is, Pies fans will put money on their team, which is why the odds are so short.

It is Now Equal Favourtism

It's basically saying the Eagles are sooooo much better than Collingwood they don't need their best 3 players.
They don't need them? If they lose tonight, then they most definitely would have needed them. If they win, then they didn't, so time will tell.

The way I see it is that West Coast have a better list of players than Collingwood for now. They are the reigning premiers and were favourites to win again before the season started while Collingwood were expected to finish in the bottom few.

Now it seems to be that neither side is favourite to win, and these injuries have given Collingwood a chance to win this match. West Coast would be favourites at full strength of course, and I don't think that anybody would argue that.

If someone said to me at the beginning of the season that Collingwood would be equal favourites in a semi final against a West Coast team that is missing Cousins, Kerr and Judd, then I would be happy about it. It doesn't mean that we'll win though because West Coast are still a very good team at home.

Re: It is Now Equal Favourtism

They don't need them? If they lose tonight, then they most definitely would have needed them. If they win, then they didn't, so time will tell.

That was my point exactly. Installing the Eagles as favourites without their 3 best players would have seemed to be a big insult to Collingwood. We aren't THAT much better than you that we are still a walk up start without these guys.

i'll be betting on west coast coz if we lose i win money and if we win i dont care about money coz i'll be so happy

i'll be betting on west coast coz if we lose i win money and if we win i dont care about money coz i'll be so happy
Money's hard to come by though ;) Yeah, fair call - I spose it's like paying for a ticket to the game if the bet loses and you get to see the Pies win.

That was my point exactly. Installing the Eagles as favourites without their 3 best players would have seemed to be a big insult to Collingwood.
How it is an insult since West Coast are last years premiers and playing at home, while Collingwood were widely expected to finish in the bottom few before the season began? This would indicate that West Coast are a better team than Collingwood, especially in Perth, but it's been evened up due to some injuries. Colingwood have won the last three times in Melbourne though.

It's going to be difficult to beat the Eagles, even with their injuries, but it's been a much better season for Collingwood than anybody predicted, and the future looks great. Somehow I get the feeling that I've explained most of this to you before, but maybe you didn't read the post properly. If you aren't going to do that, then there is no point responding any more of course.
We aren't THAT much better than you that we are still a walk up start without these guys.
Your posts don't make a lot of sense, but who exactly has said that? :confused: At Centrebet, both teams are currently $1.92 to win, and the tipsters appear split.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back