News Collingwood 125 year logo unveiled

Remove this Banner Ad

super nasty mockup done using Pixlr online https://pixlr.com/editor/ while at work (so had to try and do it stealthy too), but it gives you an idea.

I'll try put together a better version tonight at home
Looks great, now I am undecided between yours and theirs.

Double magpies was a feng shui thing from memory. I like it and wouldn't bat an eyelid with keeping it long term and I like that we didn't include the Australian flag for the opposite reason Slugger liked it.
I now mentally block the flag out, can't see why just as I don't understand why we play the national anthem during all finals.

Double magpies was a feng shui thing from memory. I like it and wouldn't bat an eyelid with keeping it long term and I like that we didn't include the Australian flag for the opposite reason Slugger liked it.

If I remember correctly the Head Of Lexus back in the day told Eddie it was bad luck to have one Magpie on its own.

I have two original Magpie leadlight windows at home. I was destined to live in my house. :)

Interested to know your thoughts on why you don't like the flag. Is it solely because we are the only AFL team that has it, and you think it's not right, or another reason. Genuinly asking. If (When!!) we go international*, this will identify us easily. Although our Magpie is a native Australian bird, the flag will easily identify us as Australian.

* We have branched out into Netball, so The Collingwood Magpies Gridiron Team, Collingwood Magpies Basketball team, Volleyball, etc etc
A Global powerhouse Brand..:):)

For me it's a bit much, we'll never be a global brand and we're the only sporting club worldwide that uses their national flag in their emblem (to my knowledge).

Unlike most of my opinions though this isn't a firm one so I have no issues at all with people liking it or otherwise.

Looks good. As a couple of others have said, I can see the points those who don't like it are making, but on the whole, happy enough with it.

Changing a logo is always very fraught.

Just another dilution of our famous brand.
Just how far do these idiots at the top think they can push the fan base?
We are no longer the Collingwood FOOTBALL club.
And now we no longer have the symbol that many players, coaches and fans have fought under for the glory of Collingwood.
I cannot think of any club in the history of our game, apart from one or two forced by the league, that have forgone their heritage like CFC has over the past few years.
Disgusted.

I just hope this doesn't pan out like our 100year anniversary against that dark blue filth.... I still have nightmares aboith that game. The closest I ever came to jumping off out beloved team. Another loss in a big game like that against this rabble and I'll lead the mob.....

A God-awful game.

If I remember correctly the Head Of Lexus back in the day told Eddie it was bad luck to have one Magpie on its own.

I have two original Magpie leadlight windows at home. I was destined to live in my house. :)

I found a Pie footballer garden gnome in my backyard when we moved in. Also destined to live in my house.:)

Magpies mate for life don't they?
So it seems more fitting, and more settled, for there to be a pair
Strong and united :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magpies mate for life don't they?
So it seems more fitting, and more settled, for there to be a pair
Strong and united :)

I didn't know that M G.

Very fitting as you said..........committed & strong & united. :thumbsu:

I work with a die hard Fitzroy supporter (hates us) and he has stories about getting swooped and attacked as a kid by Magpies. I just smile and say........never happened to me! :D

I found a Pie footballer garden gnome in my backyard when we moved in. Also destined to live in my house.:)
I bought my house, I guess I was destined to live there too ;)
Saw a magpie in the garden yesterday :) was cute

Just like in goodfellas
One dog goes this way, one dog goes that way

image.jpeg

Yeah, but those pluckers seem to beat us in the significant ones. Hate them. This is a definite must win game.
No questions asked.
It's funny disdain never grows old against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back