Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood as a club tend to switch on during September, I'm sure they'll turn up with good football. But from outside the 4 they aren't too feasible as a flag prospect, even with a deep run.

Collingwood as a club tend to switch on during September, I'm sure they'll turn up with good football. But from outside the 4 they aren't too feasible as a flag prospect, even with a deep run.
Can’t see anything more than a plucky elimination final win coming from this mob at absolute best to be honest.

The Collingwood sides that tended to switch on for finals departed more than half a decade ago. Might be ghosts of old haunting you as a West Coast supporter more than anything (07/12) that’s giving you that impression.

I’m sure last year’s flag helps settle those perceptions though.

It's usually October when Collingwood come good. September has more heartbreak for Collingwood fans than anyone else.

Can’t see anything more than a plucky elimination final win coming from this mob at absolute best to be honest.

The Collingwood sides that tended to switch on for finals departed more than half a decade ago. Might be ghosts of old haunting you as a West Coast supporter more than anything (07/12) that’s giving you that impression.

I’m sure last year’s flag helps settle those perceptions though.
Not in the slightest, Collingwood were great last finals series, even with our 2 wins. Their wins over GWS and Richmond were very impressive, and they easily could have won both games against us. Vintage Magpies finals series. They might not win every finals game, but they have a bit of a September-shinboner spirit to them.

Collingwood well off the pace.
Tonight showed it with both sides close to full strength.

Haha full strength ok!!!

No Stephenson, adams, Moore, Beams and well you could count Roughead who only played 15 minutes of the game. Richmond along with Collingwood will not win the premiership.

Haha full strength ok!!!

No Stephenson, adams, Moore, Beams and well you could count Roughead who only played 15 minutes of the game. Richmond along with Collingwood will not win the premiership.

Yeah and we were missing Butler, Caddy, McIntosh, Ross, Higgins and Nankervis.
Cotchin only played 15 minutes of the game too.
At least you admit Collingwood aren't up to it this year.

Caddy plays reserves football, NaNkervus is average along with Macintosh and Higgins is a s**t footballer!! Really Richmond had no one out

Richmond are not upto it on tonight’s performance!! Our outs 10 x better players then the fringe players you named lol

Caddy plays reserves football, NaNkervus is average along with Macintosh and Higgins is a s**t footballer!! Really Richmond had no one out

Thanks for agreeing with my original point regarding both sides being close to full strength tonight.
Collingwood's key players all played tonight as did ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol surely you arent quoting fringe players to prove your argument. Cotchin was a loss sure, but those other players your quoting are barely best 22 and isnt convincing anyone. Richmond are fit right now compared to alot of other teams.

Thanks for agreeing with my original point regarding both sides being close to full strength tonight.
Collingwood's key players all played tonight as did ours.

Haha when you have 5 of your top 10 best players out of your side Richmond should of won by 10 goals!!

Collingwood had no Stephenson, Beams, Langdon, Moore and Adams. I’ll even count Roughead who only played 15 minutes tonight so that is 6 automatic selections that did not play.

The only top 10 player for Richmond that did not play was Cotchin who was injured in the first qtr. any club who has 5 of your top 10 best players out like Richmond in the middle of the year ain’t going to win football matches against good sides

Last edited:
Lol surely you arent quoting fringe players to prove your argument. Cotchin was a loss sure, but those other players your quoting are barely best 22 and isnt convincing anyone. Richmond are fit right now compared to alot of other teams.

If you followed the conversation you'd see that I mentioned we were close to full strength tonight and that Collingwood were close to full strength too.

If you followed the conversation you'd see that I mentioned we were close to full strength tonight and that Collingwood were close to full strength too.

Haha no they arent. Collingwood have the longest injury list in the competition currently. Least do your research before trying to debate. They are missing Adams, Langdon, Stephenson,Greenwood, Beams, Moore and thats not even half of the injury list. I hate Collingwood but your clearly wrong.

Last edited:
Haha no they arent. Collingwood have the longest injury list in the competition currently. Least do your research before trying to debate. They are missing Adams, Langdon, Stephenson, Elliot, Greenwood, Beams, Moore and thats not even half of the injury list.

Finally a person who makes sense. Elliot did play mate. You cannot reason with Richmond supporters because they don’t know much about the game as they have only been following footy since 2017!! Give em a few more years they just might understand afl!!

Rance ? Anyone?

Rance ????? Clearly a fringe all Australian captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back