Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Remove this Banner Ad

Then we won't be winning games until we get cattle back?

Still think you guys are an A grade quality outfit and will be there when it matters. All sides are entitled to a few average weeks, christ I reckon we have had 8 of them this year but somehow still got the money in most of them.
The Pies will be a big player when it counts mate.

Have you missed the last few weeks

The lucks run out Locks, North says hi - we can't continue the same form (and that's the real issue - not cattle) and expect to scrape by and win.

The potential in current 22 is still good enough to beat in form teams - that was proven last year. Trying to play like wc won't be doing it though.

Still think you guys are an A grade quality outfit and will be there when it matters. All sides are entitled to a few average weeks, christ I reckon we have had 8 of them this year but somehow still got the money in most of them.
The Pies will be a big player when it counts mate.

All of that is based on potential - hasn't been shown this year apart from the win on the road at the Gabba.

Pies could be a big player, gotta get there first. Keep playing like they are and they might not.

Still reckon they will make the grand final beating Geelong in the QF or PF on the way. They'll get their s**t sorted by then.

We’ve done well to be second at this stage.

All the hope for 2019 was that adding Moore, Elliott, Beames, Reid & Wells to our 2018 GF side would boost us.

Only Moore has been able to do so.

Troubles also
Go a bit deeper, in that our two best 2018 GF players Adams & Langdon have both missed most of the season.
Hoskin-Elliott & Thomas were regular goal kickers in 2018, but not in 2019. They have been poor.
Sidebottom’s averages whilst good are way down on a stellar 2018.
Sier showed great promise in 2018, but couldn’t get on the park in 2019.
Stephenson’s excellent 2019 form is now a non issue through stupidity.

We are second due to being a side that’s hard to beat - defensively we’ve been great. No one scores highly or quickly against us.

But the North game was ominous. The dam could break. It was the only game of the year where we have been truly bossed the entire game.

The lucks run out Locks, North says hi - we can't continue the same form (and that's the real issue - not cattle) and expect to scrape by and win.

The potential in current 22 is still good enough to beat in form teams - that was proven last year. Trying to play like wc won't be doing it though.
I haven't lost faith, but think we have reached a tipping point with our outs.

I haven't lost faith, but think we have reached a tipping point with our outs.

Whilst those outs are tangible and have real impact, we were still able to cover last year through good system. This year the system has rarely been there certainly and that will be the bane if we don't rectify it.

Going through a Huge form slump right now. injuries have certainly mounted and we certainly miss stevo. Huge game Friday night. Lose and we can forget about top 4. Win and we should make it. I think we will build some form back before finals, get some players back and then we will be a dangerous team. Right now we are far from that though. Aslong as we make top 4 I have faith. All rests on this weeks game imo.

All of that is based on potential - hasn't been shown this year apart from the win on the road at the Gabba.

Pies could be a big player, gotta get there first. Keep playing like they are and they might not.

Not Potential really, just a kick away from winning the flag last year. Don't sell your side short. They are a good outfit. I get they are not at their best today but you know as well as we all do their best is very very good.

Port just made us look pretty average a couple of weeks ago. Although we beat Crows and Tigers, the first qtr of both those games we got smashed in. If we do that come finals, we're in big trouble once again. It wouldn't suprise me if Dogs knock us off at Marvel this week. They pushed us for most of the game down in Geelong a few weeks back.

I wouldn't give up yet, Pies are travelling fine. They just need to qualify for finals and then hit form at the right time like last year.

Not Potential really, just a kick away from winning the flag last year. Don't sell your side short. They are a good outfit. I get they are not at their best today but you know as well as we all do their best is very very good.

I'm going to quote this as it probably sums up my position, yes the potential is there but the realization is worlds away at the minute.
Going through a Huge form slump right now. injuries have certainly mounted and we certainly miss stevo. Huge game Friday night. Lose and we can forget about top 4. Win and we should make it. I think we will build some form back before finals, get some players back and then we will be a dangerous team. Right now we are far from that though. Aslong as we make top 4 I have faith. All rests on this weeks game imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's probably a little dramatic Al. Sure I can understand that it's possible but right now the best to worst is probably wider than most teams, not sure if we can just "flick the switch" which is what will be required.
Whereas weve been playing nothing but champagne footy.....

The loss to North could have been the kick up the backside they needed to be honest. Have been playing average for a while now but still scraping through for a win. North played their best and we played close to our worst if not our worst (not taking anything away from North they executed perfectly).

Good effort to be sitting second knowing that we haven’t really played the footy that got us to the last dance last year.

Problem is a lot of key players are missing but hopefully we can get some of them back over the coming weeks.
Adams, Langdon & Howe will make a massive difference to our backline and midfield setups.

Stephenson should be back for our first final.

Beams and Wells unlikely to make it back this year.

If we can get this side on the park for the first final with all but Stephenson getting some consecutive games I am still bullish on our chances.

At the moment we need to weather the storm a bit and start this tough upcoming month of with a win this Friday night. Probably our most important game of the season so far.
Then the following 3 we have WC, GWS and Richmond. If we can snag 2 of them then we are on hold stead.

The loss to North could have been the kick up the backside they needed to be honest. Have been playing average for a while now but still scraping through for a win. North played their best and we played close to our worst if not our worst (not taking anything away from North they executed perfectly).

Good effort to be sitting second knowing that we haven’t really played the footy that got us to the last dance last year.

Problem is a lot of key players are missing but hopefully we can get some of them back over the coming weeks.
Adams, Langdon & Howe will make a massive difference to our backline and midfield setups.

Stephenson should be back for our first final.

Beams and Wells unlikely to make it back this year.

If we can get this side on the park for the first final with all but Stephenson getting some consecutive games I am still bullish on our chances.

At the moment we need to weather the storm a bit and start this tough upcoming month of with a win this Friday night. Probably our most important game of the season so far.
Then the following 3 we have WC, GWS and Richmond. If we can snag 2 of them then we are on hold stead.
I was saying this after the Doggies game. How wrong I was!

Agree with the rest of your post.

West Coast AWAY
GWS AWAY
Richmond
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Adelaide AWAY
Essendon

Brutal next 3 games. 2 Hard away trips with sides in the top 4 then the Tiges at the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back