Collingwood 2019 - Redemption?

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have zero faith at the moment of winning our next 2 games against WCE and GWS but then again, I thought we’d belt North and Hawthorn. I also didn’t tip Carlton to beat Freo or Port to beat the Cats. Seriously, who knows.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Collingwood goes out and wins one of or both of the next two and neither would anyone else in 2019. It’s not as though WCE and GWS have shown zero chinks in their armour themselves.

A few people are of the belief we’ll be better when we get some quality back but it’s the manner in which we’re playing that concerns me, not the lack of personnel.

35 and 36 inside 50s against two sides currently sitting outside the top 8 means we’re simply not getting enough scoring opportunities inside 50s and the midfield is simply not working hard and long enough to negate the opposition’s as is reflected their their inside 50 numbers of 59, 64 and 57 in the last 3 games.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
A few people are of the belief we’ll be better when we get some quality back but it’s the manner in which we’re playing that concerns me, not the lack of personnel.

This! Those who think getting personnel back will somehow flick the switch you've got short memories. Last we had a similar horror run with injuries like every year yet were consistently beating form teams.

Our system was not personnel reliant................. until now because for some twilight zone reason it looks we're trying to control the game through transition. We don't have the personnel for that - we're a grunt team that suffocates the opposition, that's our trademark.

Why we f***** with it is inexplicable.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
This! Those who think getting personnel back will somehow flick the switch you've got short memories. Last we had a similar horror run with injuries like every year yet were consistently beating form teams.

Our system was not personnel reliant................. until now because for some twilight zone reason it looks we're trying to control the game through transition. We don't have the personnel for that - we're a grunt team that suffocates the opposition, that's our trademark.

Why we f***** with it is inexplicable.
A naive and wishful part of me is of the belief that Bucks has changed our style of play to mirror crunch finals, thus the sudden change in our game style and if we change it back to the style that got us wins, the ‘switch gets flicked’, because I cannot fathom why a club would change the way they’ve played when the original style was getting a W almost week in, week out.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
As good as any time to lose a couple, shake off complacency, get the gusto back for finals.

Missing a couple of key players in the middle and up front. When they are back will make a diff.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Games coming up
West coast loss
Gws loss
Richmond loss
Gold Coast win
Melb win just
Crows loss
Essendon loss

1 definitely win 4 definitely loss and 1 maybe leaves just 12 wins not enough for top four will finish say between 9th and 6th

Games coming up
West coast loss
Gws loss
Richmond loss
Gold Coast win
Melb win just
Crows loss
Essendon loss

1 definitely win 4 definitely loss and 1 maybe leaves just 12 wins not enough for top four will finish say between 9th and 6th
I could see us beating Suns, Melbourne, Adelaide and Essendon if we lose the first three of those (maybe even 2 and add Richmond to that list) purely from the kick up the backside that would give the team.
Don't even necessarily want to see a win against Eagles and Giants (certainly not expecting one), just want to see a sign of effort and improvement (indicated by a close loss I guess?) to know that it's heading in the right direction from here on out and we have the systems and gameplan to be right up there in finals with the return of a few high level players.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pies have been s**t no question. I don't know if they're going to beat West Coast this Friday Night. But I do believe they will do it when it matters. Lose this week, they'll bounce back next. They're capable of flipping the script and doing a complete form reversal.

On current form they'll get roasted, but form changes. Not sure if it comes against the Eagles or against the Giants but give the Pies time, a hurricane is coming.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies have been s**t no question. I don't know if they're going to beat West Coast this Friday Night. But I do believe they will do it when it matters. Lose this week, they'll bounce back next. They're capable of flipping the script and doing a complete form reversal.

On current form they'll get roasted, but form changes. Not sure if it comes against the Eagles or against the Giants but give the Pies time, a hurricane is coming.
You’re far too optimistic about us for my liking lol

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Think they will lose v Eagles simply because so many out and Eagles form is building.

They will then beat the Giants and get back on track. GWS lost Kelly for 3, Conligio also copped a knock on the knee plus they have a few others also out. This game will come down to who wants it more.

The following game v Tigers will be a ripper. Richmond will be keen to keep the Pies down and out of the top 4.

wobblypunt

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2006
Brissy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Ipswich Town,Ajax, FCTwente, L-pool
I have them finishing 7th after doing a ladder predictor. I think Geelong, WCE, Bris, Rich, GWS and Essendon are either in better form or have better runs in. Port to make up the eight. Fear not Collywobblers I am terrible at predictions :p

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Everyone will continue to jump off us after the Eagles outclass us tonight.

Then we'll all have an opportunity to load up at about $8 for the flag, as we launch our assault on September, starting with comprehensive wins against our bunnies GWS and Richmond over the following two weeks.

Edit: WTF? Seems we're already $8...

Back