Game Day Collingwood 2021 AGM

What do you reckon will happen at the AGM?

• Not much of note

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • New President will be announced, and the succession plan will begin

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • New President will be announced, and Ed will stand down immediately

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Ed will stand down immediately, and be replaced by the VP (Waitslitz)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The AGM is on tonight.

Is anybody going? Unfortunately I can’t make it this year - which is a shame as I reckon this one could be very interesting.

What are your predictions? Will it be the usual perfunctory administrative affair? Or will there be fireworks? Or something else?

What questions would you ask?

——-

For those folks not familiar with the AGM (someone feel free to explain this better than me) ...

... but the “‘Annual General Meeting” is a legal requirement where the CEO / President / Board present to the voting members (Legends / Social Club members) details on the affairs of the organisation, and answer any questions. It tends to be more high level stuff like (in previous years) “Why is the club in the pokies business?” and “what is the club doing to prevent players taking recreation drugs?” It’s never about “why didn’t you move DeGoey forward in the last quarter of the round 6 game?” ... that’s what the member’s forum is for. There will be the usual member’s related questions (one memorable one was “In the club’s magazine, why are members listed in alphabetical order rather than years of membership???”).

The agenda will include ...

- Putting the minutes of the last AGM on the record
- Formal presentation of the annual (financial) report. (That’s available to view on the club’s website - it’s understandably bad due to Covid)
- A general commentary of the year gone by. (Expect lots of use of the word “challenging” because of Covid)
- Announcement of new board / office holders (next President perhaps?)
- Induction of Life Members (2010 Premiership players have been trickling through (Daisy tonight?) + retired 100 gamers + people who have been great service to the club)
- Questions from the audience (expect a lot on the topic of racism after yesterday’s bombshell)
- Ed will then conclude formal proceedings by singing the club song.
- Free open bar.

Last edited:
Question for one of the board members on the integrity committee (Sizer / Murphy) ... “It was revealed at yesterday’s presser that the board did not intend releasing the “CFC Do better” report until well after this AGM. Can you explain how that behaviour would have been consistent with ‘integrity’ ?”

Last edited:

Can't wait to see the outcome of this, but one thing will be for sure, and that will be Ed coming out smelling like roses

Did someone seriously ask the alphabetical order/years of membership question? Christ.

Yes.

The folks who go to the AGM are generally a very reasonable and level headed breed, but there’s the occasional question(s) at every AGM that has folks rolling their eyes.

The AGM is on tonight.

Is anybody going? Unfortunately I can’t make it this year - which is a shame as I reckon this one could be very interesting.

What are your predictions? Will it be the usual perfunctory administrative affair? Or will there be fireworks? Or something else?

What questions would you ask?

——-

For those folks not familiar with the AGM (someone feel free to explain this better than me) ...

... but the “‘Annual General Meeting” is a legal requirement where the CEO / President / Board present to the voting members (Legends / Social Club members) details on the affairs of the organisation, and answer any questions. It tends to be more high level stuff like (in previous years) “Why is the club in the pokies business?” and “what is the club doing to prevent players taking recreation drugs?” It’s never about “why didn’t you move DeGoey forward in the last quarter of the round 6 game?” ... that’s what the member’s forum is for. There will be the usual member’s related questions (one memorable one was “In the club’s magazine, why are members listed in alphabetical order rather than years of membership???”).

The agenda will include ...

- Putting the minutes of the last AGM on the record
- Formal presentation of the annual (financial) report. (That’s available to view on the club’s website - it’s understandably bad due to Covid)
- A general commentary of the year gone by. (Expect lots of use of the word “challenging” because of Covid)
- Announcement of new board / office holders (next President perhaps?)
- Induction of Life Members (2010 Premiership players have been trickling through (Daisy tonight?) + retired 100 gamers + people who have been great service to the club)
- Questions from the audience (expect a lot on the topic of racism after yesterday’s bombshell)
- Ed will then conclude formal proceedings by singing the club song.
- Free open bar.
I’m going, this is a very important meeting this year, spin is not going to make things better, it’s time Eddie was contrite and apologised to the Membership, we need a new person at the helm immediately to guide us out of this history. Eddie has been fantastic for the Club, but time to go so he is remembered positively. I find it all very sad, Eddie should have gone after the King Kong comments, he has been wonderful but somehow never knew when to put a sock in it,

Question for Paul Licuria (As the CFC board member representing footy matters) ... “2020 tested the ability of teams to be dynamic and adapt to an ever changing environment. Change brings challenge and opportunity. Going by the 2020 ladder, Collingwood demonstrated that it was the 6th best team at adapting and responding to the challenges and opportunities created by change. 2021 may throw up similar challenges, and regardless of a global pandemic, competition is always dynamic and **always** throws up unexpected challenges. So what is CFC doing to go from the 6th best team able to deal with unexpected challenges, to being the best team able to deal with unexpected challenges?”

I’m going, ...

Great! Looking forward to your review ;)

... this is a very important meeting this year,

Agree. This could be one for the ages. Sadly I’m in Sydney and not able to get down.

... spin is not going to make things better.

Right. I wonder if Ed sees the irony of his approach at yesterday’s presser as being something that the report was critical of?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great! Looking forward to your review ;)

Agree. This could be one for the ages. Sadly I’m in Sydney and not able to get down.

Right. I wonder if Ed sees the irony of his approach at yesterday’s presser as being something that the report was critical of?
It’s an online meeting, just signup, for entry code

with Ed stepping down now, I think there will some real change at the Club. Eddie needs to save his reputation and inevitably change will be on his agenda. I hope it’s not change for the sake of it but meaningful change that makes us better.

All I want is a professional Club, with the right people getting the job done, in the background stepping Forward only when needed and allowing players, coaches etc. to be the best they can.

.......and a premiership, maybe a few

The invitation I received on 18th December (by email) mentioned it was at the Glasshouse and no mention of online. Has that changed?
Thats what I was thinking of..

As a valued 2020 member of the Collingwood Football Club, we would like you to join us at our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 2 February.

Date: Tuesday 2 February, 2021
Location: Glasshouse at the Holden Centre - Olympic Boulevard, Olympic Park, Melbourne
Time: 6pm start
5.30pm entry for Club 5 members
5.45pm entry for all other members

I havent gotten a new one, I dont think.

The invitation I received on 18th December (by email) mentioned it was at the Glasshouse and no mention of online. Has that changed?
Same, I just went back and checked as well. I didn't register my interest because I knew I wouldn't make a physical event. Maybe that's why I didn't get subsequent communications (if there were any)?

Hopefully the club sends out info about online attendance today.

with Ed stepping down now, I think there will some real change at the Club. Eddie needs to save his reputation and inevitably change will be on his agenda. I hope it’s not change for the sake of it but meaningful change that makes us better.

All I want is a professional Club, with the right people getting the job done, in the background stepping Forward only when needed and allowing players, coaches etc. to be the best they can.

.......and a premiership, maybe a few

Ed still be Pulling Strings in the Background when he leaves

Back