Game Day Collingwood 2021 AGM

What do you reckon will happen at the AGM?

• Not much of note

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • New President will be announced, and the succession plan will begin

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • New President will be announced, and Ed will stand down immediately

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Ed will stand down immediately, and be replaced by the VP (Waitslitz)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something weird about the dayne beams photo from twitter. Does it mean something? Is it a sign?

1612254123184.png

Update on the new President ... the nominations committee will meet in the coming days to review. Ed mentioned that there are people already on the board who could do the job (I took that to mean that folks on the board had expressed interest) and that they’re also courting people from industry.

Then be happy how badly this Club is being Ran
Short of McGuire resigning and getting on his knees begging for forgiveness, would you have been satisfied with tonight's AGM?

Who says I'm happy about how the club is functioning. I was advocating for McGuire's departure long before it became the fashionable thing to do.

Short of McGuire resigning and getting on his knees begging for forgiveness, would you have been satisfied with tonight's AGM?

Who says I'm happy about how the club is functioning. I was advocating for McGuire's departure long before it became the fashionable thing to do.

Just admit how badly the Club is and Leave

Here's is Beams' "thank you" video on receiving life membership.

I think it's fascinating that the only two individuals from the club he specifically names are Derek Hine for recruiting him and Eddie McGuire for his "loyalty."

I also think it's fascinating how often he mentions the pain he has caused in the past couple of years but that "it takes two to tango."

I really hope he does find a way to move forward rather than pay it lip service.

He’s still sneaking around Instagram engaging in petty tit for tat with footy supporters.

Update on the new President ... the nominations committee will meet in the coming days to review. Ed mentioned that there are people already on the board who could do the job (I took that to mean that folks on the board had expressed interest) and that they’re also courting people from industry.

Will there be a contested election or will Dmitry Medvedev be anointed.

Will there be a contested election or will Dmitry Medvedev be anointed.

A wild guess by me ...

... but the board will vote amongst themselves and there won’t be a vote by the membership.

Ed noted tonight that for 22 years there hasn’t been a board vote by the membership... he seemed very proud about that.

A wild guess by me ...

... but the board will vote amongst themselves and there won’t be a vote by the membership.

Ed noted tonight that for 22 years there hasn’t been a board vote by the membership... he seemed very proud about that.

He's just an absolute fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity does anyone know how other clubs have done it? I’ve never paid any attention, but at all clubs members would be the overwhelming majority stakeholder deserving of a vote, but surely they couldn’t have the majority vote?

This isn’t a local footy club we’re talking about and 95% of the membership base I’m sure wouldn’t be in the position to make an educated judgement

The Eddieology Cult members are up and about tonight!!

It’s not enough to have had the salary cap managed to the point of obliteration last year, but we start this year with this.

The pro-Ed bunch still haven’t made a link between the shock resignation announcement and current events, and therefore think it’s pretty normal he continues.

Back