Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to see how their off-season goes. They will need points to match Daicos and have to take two more in the draft (including rookie upgrades) for a minimum of 3. They look like getting Lipinski and have some sort of interest in Dylan Stephens as well.

How do they do it?

They have a 2nd rounder (36), three 3rd rounders (39, 41, 45), nothing in the 4th round – 1707 points worth which is enough to match pick 3 with an 80 point deficit, or after pick 3 without deficit – as well as late picks and future picks of course.

Also still a couple out of contract, I think?

Yeah, about 12 players. One of them was told to look at his options (Cox) another was reported to have signed (Noble)

I imagine pick swaps will occur, futures, maybe get points in the Lipinski and Stephens deals (if he decides he nominates the pies) We'll see in a few weeks once the trade period begins.
I imagine the Lipiniski deal should be fairly straight forward and done quickly.

When does the pick exchange period open up?

Yeah, about 12 players. One of them was told to look at his options (Cox) another was reported to have signed (Noble)

I imagine pick swaps will occur, futures, maybe get points in the Lipinski and Stephens deals (if he decides he nominates the pies) We'll see in a few weeks once the trade period begins.
I imagine the Lipiniski deal should be fairly straight forward and done quickly.

When does the pick exchange period open up?
Trade period starts on the Monday two weeks after the grand final iirc. The week directly after the GF is the draft combine and following that is just over a week of free agency, the end of which overlaps with the start of the trade period. So about a month. The exact dates are in the sticky thread

Wouldn’t trust footywire at this time of year, they can’t keep up with re-signing news haha.

Cox is harbouring the interest I expected and I think, on a reduced pay packet, he stays as sort of a backup-ruck, VFL player. Collingwood does owe him one for his minor involvement in defending the four peat and making a Grand Final.

GWS got away with highway robbery getting pick 2 for 2020 24, 30, & 2021 4th round pick. So far only Poulter has shown promise but will never be as good as what GWS will get with 2. Pies probably would of found a way to get Daicos and use pick 2.

GWS got away with highway robbery getting pick 2 for 2020 24, 30, & 2021 4th round pick. So far only Poulter has shown promise but will never be as good as what GWS will get with 2. Pies probably would of found a way to get Daicos and use pick 2.
What if they get the next Scott Gumbelton or Jono O’Rourke?

Cox is harbouring the interest I expected and I think, on a reduced pay packet, he stays as sort of a backup-ruck, VFL player. Collingwood does owe him one for his minor involvement in defending the four peat and making a Grand Final.
I think he was on like 550k a year. So has been fairly well compensated. There’s a chance they keep him on a much reduced deal. But he’s down the pecking order now and Lynch is the one Collingwood will be desperate to keep.

I think he was on like 550k a year. So has been fairly well compensated. There’s a chance they keep him on a much reduced deal. But he’s down the pecking order now and Lynch is the one Collingwood will be desperate to keep.
agreed.
Cox won't be happy with just being a VFL player. Players usually try to look elslewhere if they are out of the side for half the season.

The most I can see us doing really is.

Bring in Lipinski and maybe Kruger

Then Trading out some Players for Points for Daicos might even trade some Future Picks for Picks in this years Draft

The most I can see us doing really is.

Bring in Lipinski and maybe Kruger

Then Trading out some Players for Points for Daicos might even trade some Future Picks for Picks in this years Draft
Lipinski & Kruger are list needs so hopefully we can manage to work through deals and add both to the list.

Lipinski & Kruger are list needs so hopefully we can manage to work through deals and add both to the list.

Sounds like Kruger is staying at Geelong

We might sign a few DFA's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do Collingwood have to offer trade wise for either? Not having a go, I am curious as to what the options are.
Lapinski will be a player swap with Cox/Lynch.

Weideman is virtually worthless, PSD if Melbourne wants to play hard ball, future 3rd/4th if we are stupid and want to settle.

When you follow all the trades we did draft night (which is tricky) we effectively got Poulter, McMahon and McCreery out of that deal. I’d argue Poulter and McCreery have both shown promise and McMahon was probably taken a year early so it’s too soon to tell with him.

Having said that I don’t think either club expected Collingwood’s 2021 result to be what it was. That’s the fun and risk of future trading, predicting what a trade is worth. In all likelihood if we were to look at trading our future first this year it’d probably be more highly valued because the expectation would be that we will stay around the same spot on the ladder as this year.

Any news on Darcy Cameron? OOC still.

Will he join the 2021 ruck merry go round?

Any news on Darcy Cameron? OOC still.

Will he join the 2021 ruck merry go round?
I wouldn't think so. We haven't officially announced any re-signings yet. Coach is still getting through chatting to all the players. I'd imagine we'll know in the near future.

What happened with Sier? Thought he was highly rated. Has appeared to have dropped off the last two years?
Yeah its an odd one. I think with Beams incoming he lost his spot, but had a few niggles and form issues. Then last 2 years -- I'm not sure if he has been fit because he seems to excell in bursts of speed in stoppages and then looks like he is out of puff.

At this point, just feels he needs a fresh start. Think the coaches went off him, and this year he was overlooked for the likes of 18 year draftees and 2nd year players while you are getting 30 odd in the VFL. When you are that far back now, probably time to look elsewhere.

What do Collingwood have to offer trade wise for either? Not having a go, I am curious as to what the options are.
Future picks would need to come into any trades in. Cox and Sire will be traded out, I’d say for whatever we can get for them, bottom end picks for points, if any takers...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back