Analysis Collingwood 2022 = Hawthorn 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. But even week to week we have seen bizarre things happening. Its a very strange season.

Carlton are more likely to miss the 8 than Collingwood and even St Kilda can still make the 8. But I doubt anyone has any trust in them consistently winning games.
Actually after the ladder predictor I have Collingwood and Carlton in the Elimination Final (6th vs 7th). Would be massive!!!!!

Only hope have the Tigers 8th playing off against the Demons in 5th :p

The thing I like about Collingwood is how aggressive they are in attacking through the corridor.
How successful they can do this come finals time will be a defining factor towards winning or losing. I tip my hat to any team that attempts to win the game on their terms instead of trying to negate the opposition or play a style of football that is safe.

And that makes 8.

8 games decided between two goals or less; 7 of them against bottom 8 teams.

Actually after the ladder predictor I have Collingwood and Carlton in the Elimination Final (6th vs 7th). Would be massive!!!!!

Only hope have the Tigers 8th playing off against the Demons in 5th :p

Hope so, would love a crack at the Dees team with nothing to lose. Imagine the salt if we won that. Pies will make top 4 easy, but I still can’t tell how good they are because they beat everybody by the same margins even North.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

24 down vs Port - win
21 down vs Essendon - win
20 down vs Adelaide - win
28 down vs North - win
18 down vs Gold Coast - win
22 down vs Melbourne - win

All luck apparently
Who said anything about luck?

The point is your club has found itself in the top 4 over a string of very narrow wins against bottom sides, similar to Hawthorn in 2018.

Every thread is about Collingwood “riding their luck”

Looking forward to Collingwood getting “lucky” for another 6 consecutive games and winning the premiership. Flagpies is on.

Fun Fact:

In 2011, when Geelong were allegedly the 'best team in the comp' by virtue of beating Collingwood on the three separate occasions they played, six of Geelong's wins were by 11 points or less, four of which were by under a goal.

Conversely, Collingwood's record that year - Only one of their 20 wins was by under three goals - a six point margin against Sydney in Sydney (Collingwood had 11 more scoring shots that night).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun Fact:

In 2011, when Geelong were allegedly the 'best team in the comp' by virtue of beating Collingwood on the three separate occasions they played, six of Geelong's wins were by 11 points or less, four of which were by under a goal.

Conversely, Collingwood's record that year - Only one of their 20 wins was by under three goals - a six point margin against Sydney in Sydney (Collingwood had 11 more scoring shots that night).
All four of those Geelong wins by under a goal were against top six teams in incredible games. It’s a bit different. They also finished with a percentage of 157.

They also only lost three games, by 4, 8 and 13 points.

All four of those Geelong wins by under a goal were against top six teams in incredible games. It’s a bit different. They also finished with a percentage of 157.

They also only lost three games, by 4, 8 and 13 points.
Yeah, a combined winning margin of 336 points over two weeks aids that percentage. Thanks to Melbourne...

The point is your club has found itself in the top 4 over a string of very narrow wins against bottom sides, similar to Hawthorn in 2018.
And 4 wins in 6 games against the current top 8 sides. Let’s not leave that part out.

Yet it has the best record and percentage against current top 8 sides. How peculiar.

Edit: sorry, 2nd best. Same record as Sydney against current 8 (4-2), marginally worse %.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back