Collingwood 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ride! What a team!
In nearly 40 years of supporting the Pies, that’s the most fun and joy I’ve taken from any season other than our Premiership years in 1990 and 2010.
There’s something very special about this group. They have a belief and bond that is very rare.
Bring on 2023!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thankyou to everyone involved in the collingwood football club.
Awsome year, super effort from the lads.
hard to be disappointed, Burt oh so close.
Massive wraps on the coaching department.
bring on 2023

Agree, except for the hard to be disappointed...We were 2 points away from a GF and possibly winning it. Still heartbroken as you can probably tell.

Probably the best season I've experienced in all my time following football, and that includes being at the 2010 Grand Final win.

Yes, we didn't manage to go all the way (and honestly I knew we'd end up losing the last game of the year by a point, because it was just too poetic not to happen, so I'm kind of glad it wasn't the Grand Final as that would have been more heartbreaking), but look at where we came from to where we are.

Also, for those sad that we didn't make the Grand Final and the way we lost - I get it. But just focus on the fact that we beat Carlton by a point and knocked them out of the finals, handing them the record for the longest time sitting in the top 8 and not making finals in history. Or focus on Elliott's goal after the siren against the Bombers. Or focus on literally any of the games we 'shouldn't' have won at 3/4 time but still did. Or even focus on that Prelim where we looked nowhere near it for 3 quarters and then came back with strength and determination and pure guts. If we can harness that and do that for longer periods going forward, we'll be unstoppable.

Do I think we'll go all the way next year? No, I don't, because we'll have a tougher draw and it'll be near impossible to do what we did this year again. BUT I didn't think we'd get anywhere near this far this year either, so I also can't rule it out.

Go Pies - you magnificent club. Thank you for such a tremendous and heart-attack-inducing season.

100% win rate against Carltank is my second highest qualifier for a good year, and we got that.

I just hope that we can take another step in 2023; one wonders if we’re as good as we think, or just very fit as we run over the top of sides late. I’d like to see us start putting teams away next year.

We need to find the next generation to take over the roles and class of Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Howe… any chance Reef stays on the park long enough to cement a role? Macrae looks good but needs to start accumulating senior games.

See yuz in a few weeks

Really flat and down.

Honestly think if we had of got through would of won.

Especially if we beat Geelong

Great year.

My personal life is a mess and the pies year made me happy and for 2 hours a week mind on that ..

Not sure what next year holds for the pies..

This team deserved to be there next week

Fs

Driving back to Vic from Sydney and just amazing seeing all the Pies scarves and hats on most cars. Best supporters in the world following the best team in the world. When the players came over after the game clapping and almost apologising it literally brought a tear to my eye. So, so proud of each and every one of them. One hell of a year, no more words… luv use all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See yuz in a few weeks

Really flat and down.

Honestly think if we had of got through would of won.

Especially if we beat Geelong

Great year.

My personal life is a mess and the pies year made me happy and for 2 hours a week mind on that ..

Not sure what next year holds for the pies..

This team deserved to be there next week

Fs
I hope things turn around for you. It's amazing what Collingwood can mean to us and how deeply their fortunes affect our lives. When things are bad they might be the only shining light. I'm sorry you are struggling.

What a thrill this year was. So happy overall. How could you not be?

That 11 in a row. Simply breathaking.

Knocking Carlton out of finals.

Beating Carlton, Melb, Essendon twice.

Winning a final.

Seeing our new game plan and the fun and excitement back in the game, so refreshing.

We'll be back. Bring on 2023.

Who you guys reckon gets more Brownlow votes out of the two Daicos boys? Hoping you guys can help settle an argument 😅

Also grats on your incredible year 🥳
Probably Nick due to the bigger hype, and his top shelf games (40 disposals & 3 goals) were immense. I think Josh will shine more at our B&F because more votes available

What a great year we’ve had.Unbelievable in so many ways.A credit to the coach and all the players for improving so much.The AFL should get down on its hands and knees and thank us for providing so much excitement this year,in what would have otherwise been a very dull and predictable season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back