Collingwood 2023 Premiership cup presenter - Peter Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to be crying if we get to see Darcy handed the cup from his Dad 🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍
Yes, was great to see.

Was sitting top deck of the Northern Stand for the 1990 GF. When the game finished a bloke came from behind and tapped me on the shoulder "Could you help me carry my brother down the stairs", came the request, As I turned around, there was Peter Moore. His brother was not drunk, but in a wheelchair. A sobering reminder about life in the moment of premiership joy.

Yes, was great to see.

Was sitting top deck of the Northern Stand for the 1990 GF. When the game finished a bloke came from behind and tapped me on the shoulder "Could you help me carry my brother down the stairs", came the request, As I turned around, there was Peter Moore. His brother was not drunk, but in a wheelchair. A sobering reminder about life in the moment of premiership joy.

How did he get up there? That's a lot of concrete steps in the old Northern stand, with no lifts that I can remember.

How did he get up there? That's a lot of concrete steps in the old Northern stand, with no lifts that I can remember.
I did not ask him or his brother how they got up there. I can tell you the carrying down the 3 flights of stairs was bloody difficult. My arms were killing me

We were more excited talking about the game and he mentioned the disappointment of missing out when he was at the club. I did say at some point that the 1990 team had real character and sensed that he may have taken it as a criticism of his time at the Pies. It was not intended.

But it is not surprising that Darcy has turned out so well, as his father is an extremely nice guy. And I was so glad he asked me to help him on that wonderful, surreal day in 1990.

The surreal did not end there either. 3am the next morning a group of 5 or 6 friends were having a drink in the downstairs bar in the Social club at Vic Park when Darren Millane burst into the room. Premiership Cup in one hand and the other heavily bandaged he jumped up on the bar and led the 5 or 6 of us into a stirring rendition of "Good old Collingwood forever'.

I did not ask him or his brother how they got up there. I can tell you the carrying down the 3 flights of stairs was bloody difficult. My arms were killing me

We were more excited talking about the game and he mentioned the disappointment of missing out when he was at the club. I did say at some point that the 1990 team had real character and sensed that he may have taken it as a criticism of his time at the Pies. It was not intended.

But it is not surprising that Darcy has turned out so well, as his father is an extremely nice guy. And I was so glad he asked me to help him on that wonderful, surreal day in 1990.

The surreal did not end there either. 3am the next morning a group of 5 or 6 friends were having a drink in the downstairs bar in the Social club at Vic Park when Darren Millane burst into the room. Premiership Cup in one hand and the other heavily bandaged he jumped up on the bar and led the 5 or 6 of us into a stirring rendition of "Good old Collingwood forever'.

We were not far apart that day. I sat bottom deck of the Northern Stand, and around midnight was drinking VB on the steps of the social club, that we'd bought in on the train. Wasn't a social club member that year, so we wandered off about 12:30 ( I think )

We were not far apart that day. I sat bottom deck of the Northern Stand, and around midnight was drinking VB on the steps of the social club, that we'd bought in on the train. Wasn't a social club member that year, so we wandered off about 12:30 ( I think )
That is interesting, we got our tickets through the social club and whinged about being stuck on the top deck. I felt a little less concerned after realising Peter Moore had worse seats than we did.

Another memory from that day was an Essendon supporter getting up from his seat when he realized there was no way back from an 8 goal deficit and made us laugh with "You Collingwood supporters are a bunch of f...g dogs". I don't think he was expecting the hilarity in response to his tirade as he turned an Essendon shade of red and wisely found the exit to his liking

That is interesting, we got our tickets through the social club and whinged about being stuck on the top deck. I felt a little less concerned after realising Peter Moore had worse seats than we did.

Another memory from that day was an Essendon supporter getting up from his seat when he realized there was no way back from an 8 goal deficit and made us laugh with "You Collingwood supporters are a bunch of f...g dogs". I don't think he was expecting the hilarity in response to his tirade as he turned an Essendon shade of red and wisely found the exit to his liking

I love it. The only crude comments in our area were from me, In the direction of Terry Daniher. I hated him long before that day.
We were in Northern Stand bottom deck as VFL Park members, equivalent of AFL gold members today.
So top deck was ticketed to Social club members. I never realised that. Must have happened after the debacle in 1984 when they were unsure how many vfl Park members would show up and the top deck of the Northern was empty.

Is it poor of me to get so much pleasure seeing a Melbourne Demons Brownlow medallist present the cup to Collingwood?
I’d describe it as weird.

Most people see it as a former Collingwood Captain presenting the cup to his son, the current Collingwood captain.

Massive feel good story.

Looking for a different angle is strange and says something about you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back