Club Focus Collingwood 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Elliott has no doubt had a slower start to the year. Almost has the yips in front of goals that is quite unusual for him. He’s been battered in just about every game this year, hopefully his body can withstand it.

I think he’s still doing enough, a lot of nuffs on our board want him dropped, but he’s got so many credits in the bank I can’t see it happening.

Elliott has no doubt had a slower start to the year. Almost has the yips in front of goals that is quite unusual for him. He’s been battered in just about every game this year, hopefully his body can withstand it.

I think he’s still doing enough, a lot of nuffs on our board want him dropped, but he’s got so many credits in the bank I can’t see it happening.
He may need a rest at some stage, but he won’t be dropped.
Most of us know how important he is to our side 👍🏻

Have watched plenty this year and hes done nothing.

Hes a good finisher but thats not enough in the modern game.

If he is playing KPP does he get omitted once Mcstay returns?
Elliott has always been a wonderful pressure forward, and has continued to be one this year despite his wayward goal kicking. He's one of the most complete little forwards in recent times.

That’s a possibility but I don’t think he’s the one getting squeezed out.
Wont be squeezed out, but how much does he have left in his body is probably more the question. Has had a tough career, and coming toward the end, but vital for the kids in that forward line with his experience and leadership until he does retire, which I assume will be at the end of this contract.

What's the knock on Josh Carmichael?

Seems to put up good and reasonable numbers at the lower level, named as sub, gets small cameo's but doesn't set the world on fire and then gets demoted.

Rinse and repeated several times it seems. IF he is as I remember, a breakaway goal kicking mid/fwd, surely Carlton come knocking for him as he is almost exactly what they need across half forward

A token 4th to get it done if not delisted free agent?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to put up good and reasonable numbers at the lower level, named as sub, gets small cameo's but doesn't set the world on fire and then gets demoted.

Rinse and repeated several times it seems. IF he is as I remember, a breakaway goal kicking mid/fwd, surely Carlton come knocking for him as he is almost exactly what they need across half forward

His kicking would be the knock, I don’t think he would be delisted. He’s playing very well in VFL and his style of play fits our game style, we just haven’t had injuries to our midfielders apart from Lipinski to open a spot for him.
He is one we may lose looking for more opportunity

I think it’s mainly just being a victim of being apart of a good team. I don’t think he’s necessarily done anything wrong, he just can’t break into the side full time because there’s no one to drop.

The one knock most of us have is he’s an average short to medium kick. Lovely long penetrating kick, but he misses some easy targets under no pressure. He’ll keep knocking on the door and if he keeps putting up the numbers he’ll probably get a run but again looking likely it will just be the sub.

No huge knock on him. He's clearly too good for VFL but his best position is inside mid, in my opinion, and he's behind Adams and Mitchell this season, though Carmichael has a knack of kicking goals, too. He's a bit scrappy at AFL level with his disposal but is a real footballer and has good endurance.

Heard from a very reliable source that Collingwood are in discussions with Ben Browns management at the moment.

Opportunities drying up for him at Melbourne and Collingwood are lookign at offering him a short term deal from next season onwards. Maximum 2 years, could even be 1.

Melbourne have essentially said take the offer if he is happy to. JVR is their future.

Heard from a very reliable source that Collingwood are in discussions with Ben Browns management at the moment.

Opportunities drying up for him at Melbourne and Collingwood are lookign at offering him a short term deal from next season onwards. Maximum 2 years, could even be 1.

Melbourne have essentially said take the offer if he is happy to. JVR is their future.
Is this our punishment for Jordys bump? If so id rather the 4 weeks

I don't think he suits our game style.
Our KPF's are required to tackle and apply pressure.
Our resting ruck, Cox / Cameron, is the only weak link in this and I can't see BB playing their role?

??? just what ive heard from a pies source which has provided good knowledge on recent deals which ended up occuring
I think hes worth taking, if hes cheap and not much demand for him
He would probably be a backup player if one of our KPP's went down or Johnson gets lured away
It doesnt seem like we can get McKay or King anyway

Been thinking that some of Fringe Players might be Gettable as some may be looking for More of a Chance at AFL Level.

Players that come to mind are:

• Bianco
  • Ruscoe
  • Carmicheal
  • Wilson
  • Harrison
Sadly probably get no more then 3rd Rounder for them

Been thinking that some of Fringe Players might be Gettable as some may be looking for More of a Chance at AFL Level.

Players that come to mind are:

• Bianco
  • Ruscoe
  • Carmicheal
  • Wilson
  • Harrison
Sadly probably get no more then 3rd Rounder for them
Harrison really shouldn’t be there as he’s currently in the 1’s and looking ok.

The rest agreed but more than likely they will just be delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back