Club Focus Collingwood 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Macrae i assume may try find some playing time?
Possibly Bianco too
According to his manager, he (and Reef) has a fair bit of patience; so reckon he will see out his contract, and hope he can break into the team in 2024.

Bianco and Ruscoe are more the likely ones I could see seeking greater opportunity.

According to his manager, he (and Reef) has a fair bit of patience; so reckon he will see out his contract, and hope he can break into the team in 2024.

Bianco and Ruscoe are more the likely ones I could see seeking greater opportunity.
Ruscoe is AFL standard, teams generally have a backlog of mid sized backs though.

Bianco I’m not sure will make it, deserves a spot if a team has patience.

As well as potentially chasing Doedee, Collingwood have some decisions to make on out-of-contract players including flanker Trent Bianco and tall Nathan Kreuger.

“There’s still a few uncontracted at the Pies,” Twomey said.

“Trent Bianco – clubs are having a look at him.

“Nathan Kreuger has a one-year contract in front of him, I think he’ll sign that extension.”

That Depends IF the Club rate him or not
My feel is that if a club was willing to persevere until he was 25-26 with a bit of extra size and experience he could be an average afl player. Skills and decision making are elite, just no contest whatsoever. Could work well in a bottom 4 side where grunt work is usually done by others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looking in now.

Going to be a Very Quiet Trade Period for Collingwood.

Might trade a Player or 2 for Nothing and that is about it
I think it is interesting. You need to sign players for free to stay up
Doedee a good idea.
Adams out for a 30's pick is ok.

I am glad for Nic Daicos he has a flag, otherwise his career could have mirrored Shane Crawfords, basically turning a 8-9 win list into a 13-14 list each season which doesn't get flags.

Personally I would really want to keep Adams. This year he showed that he was a good player in the forward line. His goal assists where close to league best. On top of that anytime we needed him to he went into the guts and being fresher then most usually dominated. I would not want to lose him. He played most matches this year just struggled with fitness for the last few games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back