List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

This quote is from AFL draft central:
"Isaac Quaynor has been an impressive figure in the TAC Cup this season and rebounded the ball well and was able to intercept well overhead"

Looks and plays like Heritier. Looks very draftable.

He is valued for his junior talent ID, correct. He is not valued for his lust management skills, hence the demotion, or ‘clarification of roles’ as you liked to put it.

In the words of the great Maxwell Smart : "The old Lust management skills eh?....that's the second time I've fallen for that one this month!"

Played with Atu in juniors a few years ago before he changed clubs and started to play with Oakleigh. He is a bull and is built like a tank due to his rugby background. Very good at bullying kids who are smaller than him. Reckon if he works on his disposal efficiency he will be a good pickup.

So Snoop, explain to me how Journo's, previous List Managers, Hine himself, (presumably) the Club, all got it wrong regarding this being a fair and reasonable trade, yet the ONLY people who believe we got duded are anonymous people on Social Media.
If you were confronted with any other situation where those two sides line up that way, who would you consider had the better expertise

(and please mate, none of this "just my opinion" bullshit because none of the negatively is being is being portrayed that way, it is being expressed as fact...and you are way better than to fall into that crap)

Because they are using a system of points scores to determine a value of left over pick in this draft therefore comparing the Murray trade to pick 45 in this years draft.

It is beyond doubt absolutely mind numbingly stupid.

They are basically plucking a pick from *magic ******* fairy land* that has no relevance to what we actually paid and said see there at the end 2+2 = 5 because in *magic ******* fairy land* 4 doesn't exist only 5.

Yeah have seen him play. To his credit got played a lot as a bottom ager but he didn't scream out to me as a likely early selection for 2018. Plays back, quick, skilled but didn't get huge amounts when I saw him. Given quality of the draft would have thought he would go later / rookie.

Still beggars belief how Hine thinks he has given himself a stronger hand for these 2018 NGA / F.S kids.

Still just amazed we gave up a 2nd round pick for Murray. Why wouldn't you swap 3rd and 4th round selections from this year or next years. Even given them a 3rd round from either draft would have been better and at market.

Because Hine has NO Idea.

You could do as well as him Snoop Dog

But kicks long and hits targets... right?!

Efficient enough but a shorter kick.

Plays with an aggressive edge, takes intercepts marks, leaps and runs. That's more Quaynor.

I doubt it. The PR spinning the move was confirmation to me they screwed the pooch on the deal (again I want to separate the deal and Murray).

I’ll ask this as my final question, do you think with all available evidence that Knightmare or Snoop could have gone in there and negotiated a worse deal? These guys are paid professionals with access to piles of information and that’s the best they could do. After the Witts disaster last year it it’s concerning.
I think you're missing something here. There is certainly a situation where this deal makes sense.

Why are people upset with the deal? Because of the player we could have taken with the 2018 second rounder. Right?

Fair enough. But, what if, as Hine suggests, we are very unlikely to be taking a player with that pick? It becomes solely about points.

Going solely on points, Murray was traded for around pick 45. That's not a terrible deal. He's a player we wanted and the Swans wouldn't accept a straight 3rd rounder. Again, this is likely due to points.

It means we will probably have to pick up points next year, but with plenty of players out of contract and no movement this year, it's pretty clear we'll see more next.

This is only a bad deal if we were going to take a player with the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this article it's mentioned that he beat Balta in one game. 194cm against 180cm. Do you know if he actually plays that tall?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/26764f2fac65ec21bcebdf9c3297c8af

Quaynor plays taller than his height - aerially he will take intercept marks, he can elevate and spoil but also has the strength 1v1. I'd imagine he would have grown this year. He looks more like 185cm than 180cm, but I guess we'll find out with measurements going into next year what he has grown to.

Balta played mostly ruck this year, so the piece is somewhat misleading about Quaynor manning him but he may well have for periods when Balta rested forward in that game maybe 20% of the time.

Overall, while I wouldn't trust Quaynor on a 194cm type like Balta, he could take an undersized key forward or a more mobile 193cm type, the way he plays.

Quaynor plays taller than his height - aerially he will take intercept marks, he can elevate and spoil but also has the strength 1v1. I'd imagine he would have grown this year. He looks more like 185cm than 180cm, but I guess we'll find out with measurements going into next year what he has grown to.

Balta played mostly ruck this year, so the piece is somewhat misleading about Quaynor manning him but he may well have for periods when Balta rested forward in that game maybe 20% of the time.

Overall, while I wouldn't trust Quaynor on a 194cm type like Balta, he could take an undersized key forward or a more mobile 193cm type, the way he plays.
At the Moment where would you say Quaynor would possibly go?

Where in the draft would you rate him at this point KM? And do you think he has the tools to bolt up the draft boards next year?

It’s mine too, and I don’t particularly feel like spending it gathering information on your behalf.
I've just got the fire pit going, you can gather me a beer if you like.

Why are people upset with the deal? Because of the player we could have taken with the 2018 second rounder. Right?

I'm happy with the trade and excited at the prospect of a long kicking left footer who moves like Treloar running the ball out of defence. To me, the difference between what you draft in the 2nd and 3rd round is very small, so I see that as a small cost. I see the biggest cost as the ability to trade that 2nd rounder next year - you often get a pretty decent senior player for a second rounder. I personally think that 2nd rounders net better results in trades than they get you at the draft, so I'm happye for the club to continue to trade them out. This may particularly be the case next year in a year where clubs are excited by potential draftees, so in that sense I think we have given up a fair bit.

What would you say his early draft range is looking like or is it to early to tell? I think Hines recent theory was swapping a second rounder with a third as part of the Murray trade to get an academy player with the 3rd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back