List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

I would also ask the question of what is IQ worth to us even with the discount, we have a number of players well ahead of him playing that half back role. He maybe a perfect fit for another Club higher up the draft order, just because we have invested time and effort does not make him a certainty to get to us but by our posturing you would think this is hoe it will play out. They would be working through how we can improve the points situation and may even have to wait for the day when players may be still around after what Clubs had thought.

I am looking forward to the draft to see how it all unfolds. I think WK is a must and have a feeling he may be called on earlier than everyone thinks, hopefully not.
We were playaing Aish and Greenwood at half back our depth there isn’t great.

I feel a poach coming on.:)
Not sure about that. I like her as a journo, but given GWS’ recruiting over the past few years I’m not convinced on her as an actual club recruiter.

Not sure about that. I like her as a journo, but given GWS’ recruiting over the past few years I’m not convinced on her as an actual club recruiter.

Fair enough, although she hasn’t been there that long, and I’m not sure where she is in the club pecking order, meaning she may not have much influence on decision making.

Picking draft talent seems a black art to me. No idea how they do it. I recall Hine saying that he looks for ‘AFL’ attributes in young players. He saw them in Sier, thank god for us.

Only been there one year and they took some good players last year imo.

I think the hard thing for her would be not getting too attached to the players. She loved to fixate on certain draftees and found out what made them tick. I’ll reserve judgement in a couple more drafts time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41 and 44 will be enough for them to get Thomas
North are unlikely to do it. Particularly as points wise, we'll be using picks after theirs to match bids for their guys. This pushes back the points value of their picks. Wheras if we use multiple picks before theirs, which looks likely under the current scenario, it increases the value of their picks. The only reason they might consider it is if they have a list sqeeze and don't want to leave all 3 of those list spots open.

Can someone explain for me (and apologise if i’ve already missed it), how it works in terms of when clubs bid for an academy/ffs prospect?

I know point etc are involved but my scenario involves club B bidding for Quaynor. Ok, we have to match that bid or they get him.

But let’s say they never actually wanted him and we counter bid, that just drives our counter bid up? Or do they lose that pick too coz they nidded?

What stops them bidding do it for shits and giggles just to drive our bidding score up?

Can someone explain for me (and apologise if i’ve already missed it), how it works in terms of when clubs bid for an academy/ffs prospect?

I know point etc are involved but my scenario involves club B bidding for Quaynor. Ok, we have to match that bid or they get him.

But let’s say they never actually wanted him and we counter bid, that just drives our counter bid up? Or do they lose that pick too coz they nidded?

What stops them bidding do it for shits and giggles just to drive our bidding score up?
We don’t match and they get him. That’s where it stands. The draft is too risky to be playing games of cat and mouse. If a club rate IQ or Kelly at said pick, they are calling him out for a reason. It’s not to try and bluff us.

Excellent! Early bids on Blakey and Thomas should see us have significantly more points than we currently have!
Further to this, if Sydney match a bid for Blakey in the top 10, and North for Thomas in the top 15, we should move up the draft order enough to have a total of 1363 points. If Quaynor gets a bid at 15 and Kelly at 25 we’ll end up 337 points in deficit. However if Quaynor makes it to 18, and Kelly goes at 25 then we should have enough points to cover both!

Further to this, if Sydney match a bid for Blakey in the top 10, and North for Thomas in the top 15, we should move up the draft order enough to have a total of 1363 points. If Quaynor gets a bid at 15 and Kelly at 25 we’ll end up 337 points in deficit. However if Quaynor makes it to 18, and Kelly goes at 25 then we should have enough points to cover both!
Surely Blakey will get a bid.

This article is well worth reading, as it gives a good rundown on such things (link was posted just up the page a bit): https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...e-new-afl-bidding-system-20151112-gkxg8b.html

This is quite good as well: http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf

If they bid and we don't match, they have to take him, they will have used their pick to draft him, unless they want our guy at that pick, its a big risk with little or no gain, depending on later draft picks.

We don’t match and they get him. That’s where it stands. The draft is too risky to be playing games of cat and mouse. If a club rate IQ or Kelly at said pick, they are calling him out for a reason. It’s not to try and bluff us.
Didn't someone have a theory have theory Dogs bluffed for Moore recently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back