List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this year could very well be the last of the NGA..

Don’t have a problem with that as well as Lions and Swans lose their academies. Understand Giants and Suns do not have access to father sons so academies for them is probably fair compensation, but other two having both academies and fathers sons would be a rort.

Don’t have a problem with that as well as Lions and Swans lose their academies. Understand Giants and Suns do not have access to father sons so academies for them is probably fair compensation, but other two having both academies and fathers sons would be a rort.
I imagine the northern academies will stay. Just because of the development of kids in NRL heartland.

I imagine the northern academies will stay. Just because of the development of kids in NRL heartland.

and the AFL making sure they have an Un-Fair Advantage

Then they should close the Northern Academies as well as they just a Big of a Rort
Very different dave. Those northern academies are more important in growing the game in NRL states. And for kids who don't have a big avenue at a pathway and development like they do here in Vic.

Very different dave. Those northern academies are more important in growing the game in NRL states. And for kids who don't have a big avenue at a pathway and development like they do here in Vic.

Then have AFL Acadmies there and not connected to the Northern Clubs

The academies can still exist in both states for the Suns and the Giants. The Swans and Lions with FS access and NA access is a rort of the highest order though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much hard work has Collingwood actually put into them?
NGA academy kids start at 12 years old. Usually work with their junior clubs and then once they exit those clubs, they have coaches that do one on one specialized time with them, plus as a group. Then they get them into a senior program like oakleigh.

NGA academy kids start at 12 years old. Usually work with their junior clubs and then once they exit those clubs, they have coaches that do one on one specialized time with them, plus as a group. Then they get them into a senior program like oakleigh.

Yea, but Collingwood doesn't do anything for that do they? The NGA have their own coaches? and Oakleigh have their own coaches ect.

Where does Collingwood do the hard work?

Think Collingwood do School Holiday Programs with them Too

Yea, but Collingwood doesn't do anything for that do they? The NGA have their own coaches? and Oakleigh have their own coaches ect.

Where does Collingwood do the hard work?
We have our own academy coaches too if you remember. They use our gyms. We have a specific academy program set out for them. I think there is a bunch of stuff.

This is what Dib says about the program

You’d have some great mentors as part of the Collingwood Next Generation Academy, how has that been for your development?

“It’s been very good. Reef McInnes, who’s a year older than me as well, when I first came in I was pretty quiet and didn’t really know anyone and he really brought me in. Every training session he gets around all the younger boys with the new (Under) 15s coming in, he’s a very good leader. With ‘Daics’ (Nick Daicos) and Reef training at Oakleigh as well, it helps because we know each other so well… the NGA training has been pretty high-intensity which has been brought up a lot this year.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back