List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this Reef kid a good is he?
Pretty good, apparantely. Big bodied inside mid who can kick goals.

Lets just say, I heard in a pre-season game v Tasmania this year; 10 goals was kicked between Daicos and Reef.

I heard that he’s a Covid hotspot

I heard he is a COVID hotspot, and that COVID wishes it could hotspot as well as Nick Daicos.

Father-son pick Nick Daicos wowed recruiters at the Connors Sports private camp in Sorrento on Thursday as a former Pies recruiter anointed him as next year’s No.1 pick.
It comes with his older brother Josh out of contract and looking to sign a new deal in coming months after an extremely impressive start to the season.

Nick Daicos is taller than his brother Josh and while Pies fans will have to wait another year for him, Pies recruiter Matt Rendell said of him this week: “He is as good a junior as I have seen play the game”.

One industry figure said simply of him: “He is a freak”.

Oakleigh Chargers mid Daicos held his own alongside Matt Rowell for Carey Grammar last year despite being two years his junior and will round out a star-studded Pies midfield.

Clubs are already raving about this year’s draft and its full complement of different types of players, but believe next year could be another superdraft.

At the Connors Sports camp on Thursday recruiters watched 2020 and 2021 aspirants in an academy-style session of two hours involving skills and football craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we have to Trade to get a Fair bit more 2nd and 3rd Rounders
Look I don’t know if we have any strong academy or father son prospects in 22.

This year will be an odd one with so many players aligned with clubs. Also the 6 game season. That only gives Reef 6 games to shine now he isn’t behind Rowell and Anderson.

You can go into deficit I think we just need to make sure we don’t carry a deficit into 21 and then if we don’t have a strong academy prospect just let our 22 picks get shuffled back a few spots.

Look I don’t know if we have any strong academy or father son prospects in 22.

This year will be an odd one with so many players aligned with clubs. Also the 6 game season. That only gives Reef 6 games to shine now he isn’t behind Rowell and Anderson.

You can go into deficit I think we just need to make sure we don’t carry a deficit into 21 and then if we don’t have a strong academy prospect just let our 22 picks get shuffled back a few spots.

Well Nick looks like a Top 5 Pick in Next Years Draft and Reef could easily be a 1st Rounder/Top 10 in this Years Draft

Pretty good, apparantely. Big bodied inside mid who can kick goals.

Lets just say, I heard in a pre-season game v Tasmania this year; 10 goals was kicked between Daicos and Reef.

So what your saying is they’re half as good as Sidebottom who kicked 10 goals in a TAC Cup Final?

Great by those calculations they’re both worth picks in the mid 20’s :);)

Oakleigh Chargers mid Daicos held his own alongside Matt Rowell for Carey Grammar last year despite being two years his junior

As someone who is totally buying into the Matt Rowell hype at the moment that sentence made me feel very good.

As someone who is totally buying into the Matt Rowell hype at the moment that sentence made me feel very good.
Apparantely came 4th in the Carey best and fairest when he was in year 10, under the likes of Rowell and Anderson.

I don’t really have any idea about how much of this works but what is the % chance of Daicos being at collingwood next year? Is it simply the case of the more points we spend on matching a bid for him means less chance for Reef?

0% Chance in 2021

100% Chance in 2022

Thanks for the clarification - my bad. I was under the impression he was eligible for 2021.

So we have a first rounder to use this year that isn’t attached to an academy kid? Is there an assumption that there will be pick swaps in this years draft to collect points for next years draft?

Well Nick looks like a Top 5 Pick in Next Years Draft and Reef could easily be a 1st Rounder/Top 10 in this Years Draft
No doubt so we would want to make sure we get Reef this year and not have a points deficit going into next year

I would be happy to go into deficit the year after to get Daicos and Dibb in 21

As if we trade our 20 and 21 first picks for a key forward we will have to hold our 22 first pick and can’t trade it in 21.

Meaning if we have a points deficit going into 22 we will have our first and second picked moved back to pay the debt but should still have enough points if we hold a first and second round selection to take an academy prospect if we have one come through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back