List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the write-ups, Jen.

So if another Club bids on Daicos at say pick No.1, what does it cost us in points and will we have enough left over to get Dib too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
2400 points required to match a pick 1 bid. I'd say we'd be short of that right now, might be some pick swapping going on in the trade period, or trading players for picks?

Thanks for the write-ups, Jen.

So if another Club bids on Daicos at say pick No.1, what does it cost us in points and will we have enough left over to get Dib too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably need another 2nd rounder. I'd suggest, like pointed out above, we do some trades before and during draft night to accumilate more points.

So we need Dib to fall out of the the top 20 picks, is this correct?

Correct. Unlikely a player of his build that isn't a full time mid gets picked that early though. That of course doesn't stop anyone keen on him placing a bid then knowing we can't match.

Correct. Unlikely a player of his build that isn't a full time mid gets picked that early though. That of course doesn't stop anyone keen on him placing a bid then knowing we can't match.
Well if that happens (in the first 20) then it isn't a bid, it is a selection.

If it happens after the first 20, then they will probably secure him, as we seem to be going to need to use almost all of our points on Daics.

Vic Metro under 17s played on the weekend gone. Have we got any academy kids in that age group?

Vic Metro under 17s played on the weekend gone. Have we got any academy kids in that age group?

Doesn't look like it. Doesn't mention us being attached to any of those kids.

#1 Youseph Dib

The speedy small was seen all over the ground at times but spent most of the game playing half-back and around the middle of the ground. He was utilised in an Adelaide Crows Charlie Cameron-type role streaming off half-back into the centre bounce and actually gaining possession and breaking the line on one occasion. His acceleration and strides were impressively quick which he used to apply immense pressure, laying six tackles for the game. He was reliable with his disposal and when he did miss a handball, his follow up work allowed him to win possession again or help a teammate. He took a terrific intercept mark in the third quarter and was stringent defensively. Dib finished with 20 disposals and six inside 50’s in his best game this season.

#1 Youseph Dib

The speedy small was seen all over the ground at times but spent most of the game playing half-back and around the middle of the ground. He was utilised in an Adelaide Crows Charlie Cameron-type role streaming off half-back into the centre bounce and actually gaining possession and breaking the line on one occasion. His acceleration and strides were impressively quick which he used to apply immense pressure, laying six tackles for the game. He was reliable with his disposal and when he did miss a handball, his follow up work allowed him to win possession again or help a teammate. He took a terrific intercept mark in the third quarter and was stringent defensively. Dib finished with 20 disposals and six inside 50’s in his best game this season.

Hopefully does not have many Good Games ;)

Well if that happens (in the first 20) then it isn't a bid, it is a selection.

If it happens after the first 20, then they will probably secure him, as we seem to be going to need to use almost all of our points on Daics.
Can we use next year’s point if we think he’s worth it?

Yes, but he won't be worth sliding our first pick next year back to fund the bid.

Or will he? Won't affect the 2022 1st as I understand it. It'd be the pick after his bid and if we're matching then that'd be our 2nd at the earliest.

Yes, but he won't be worth sliding our first pick next year back to fund the bid.
I’m not sure that’s how it works. My understanding is that the deficit is applied to the round the bid falls in, so if we wanted to match a bid on Dib, we would use the points from our future second rounder, given we can only match after pick 20 anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure that’s how it works. My understanding is that the deficit is applied to the round the bid falls in, so if we wanted to match a bid on Dib, we would use the points from our future second rounder, given we can only match after pick 20 anyway.
wow - i didnt know that - i assumed it was always first round that slides

wow - i didnt know that - i assumed it was always first round that slides
No. It would be completely unfair to force a club to compromise its future first round pick for a kid bid on in the second or third round.

#1 Youseph Dib

After today’s showing we really need to have a chat to the Oakleigh coaching panel, he needs to be played out of position if we are any chance of recruiting him. I’m thinking playing him as a ruckman will be useful for his development....

After today’s showing we really need to have a chat to the Oakleigh coaching panel, he needs to be played out of position if we are any chance of recruiting him. I’m thinking playing him as a ruckman will be useful for his development....
A little perspective is needed here I think. Dib has been pretty good, but he’s clearly not currently regarded as even borderline top 20. If he was had have been playing in the AFL academy game today, especially given there were a few replacements added in to the squad in the last week.

A little perspective is needed here I think. Dib has been pretty good, but he’s clearly not currently regarded as even borderline top 20. If he was had have been playing in the AFL academy game today, especially given there were a few replacements added in to the squad in the last week.

Some players who play in that Game don't even get Drafted

im no draft expert, I don’t watch the juniors at all.... however Going by his performance today, I’d say he’s a top 20 prospect. That’s based on the number of AFL capable players you get from the average draft... to play your first game in the seniors, to have an influence and to lead the tackles ina horrible side is very impressive. He was top 5 for us today.

Straight to fullback

Geez I thought Dib showed a heap yesterday in the last half, not a big ball winner but clean, busy and hard, he had a few great clean moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back