35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I haven't read or seen much mentioned about Bailey Wraith. What is his expected draft range?

Not sure we are going to have the list space to take all of IQ, Kelly, Atu B and Wraith. In terms of list needs Wraith probably misses out.
Wraith would be well down the pecking order in terms of players we're chasing by the looks of things, and we'd probably have no interest in him as a senior list or even (Cat. A) rookie list pick-up. But we could add him to our list as a Cat. B Rookie if he's not snapped up in the National Draft, as we should have the one vacant Cat. B spot. Most likely that would be his best/only chance.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
With Kirby forced into retirement and Blair de-listed you feel Atu is every chance to be taken by us late in the draft.

I don't pretend to know much about him but he looks to have a lot of the attributes a player requires to fill that small crumbing/pressure forward successfully at AFL level.

From the pictures of him he looks pretty cut physically already, is said to have a burst of speed, tackles strongly and if his 4 goal game (in a final?) is any indication has some ability in front of goals.

I hope we take him.

With Kirby forced into retirement and Blair de-listed you feel Atu is every chance to be taken by us late in the draft.

I don't pretend to know much about him but he looks to have a lot of the attributes a player requires to fill that small crumbing/pressure forward successfully at AFL level.

From the pictures of him he looks pretty cut physically already, is said to have a burst of speed, tackles strongly and if his 4 goal game (in a final?) is any indication has some ability in front of goals.

I hope we take him.

Come from a Rugby Background so you think Tackling be a Strong Point

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

I hope we take him.
Agreed. Need some small forward depth with Blair, Kirby and Fasolo all leaving.

From the pictures of him he looks
d7cfd083eebddfc84cafa11bf8c7a700.jpg
y, is said to have a burst of speed, tackles strongly and if his 4 goal game (in a final?) is any indication has some ability in front of goals.

I hope we take him.

Any Names for to look out for from Video?
There's a few names given including Quaynor's younger brother. Also seems Coles is onboard as a sponsor of our academy program.

12kilos

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
hi everyone, does anyone have any information on the 2 academy kids the coaches n.g.a video clip mentioned?
Not sure i have there names completely right, one kids name is OBI the other is MARCEL apparently stand outs in the practice games.

They’re academy kids, just not ours. AFL academy prospects train with allocated clubs every year. All I know about them is that they’re all defenders.

That might explain who the UnKown Players where at Training

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Potter plays for Northern and Smith for Gippsland

There you go.... my wife would completely understand me not seeing them on those lists...

Lachlan Potter 26-Jan-01 183 70 South Morang JFC - Northern

Brock Smith 13-Mar-01 188 78 Moe/Lowanna SC - Gippy

There you go.... my wife would completely understand me not seeing them on those lists...

Lachlan Potter 26-Jan-01 183 70 South Morang JFC - Northern

Brock Smith 13-Mar-01 188 78 Moe/Lowanna SC - Gippy
MOst of us are in the same camp with the wife’s.

YMA-Logo-300x300.png

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-12-20/yarra-magpies-nga-2019
The Collingwood Football Club and the Yarra Junior Football League have recently formed a partnership to deliver the club’s Next Generation Academy and Representative Programs.

Through this partnership, the Yarra Magpies Program (a combined Yarra Junior Football League and Collingwood Next Generation Academy) is seeking expressions of interest from Level Two or Three Accredited coaches or significantly experienced Foundation coaches to join the coaching panel in 2019.

https://www.yarrajfl.org.au/2018/12/19/yarra-magpies-academy-coaching-positions/
Recently the YJFL announced to presidents of its member clubs the upcoming formation of an exciting partnership with Collingwood Football Club in the delivery of its Next Generation Academy and Representative programs.

Together, we look to harness and develop talent at under 12, 13, 14 and 15 Boys and Girls to improve their fundamental skill base and compete against other Metropolitan leagues in mid 2019.

Applications may be accepted from coaches currently engaged at Club level, in other representative teams, in TAC Cup, other NGAs, leagues or school programs if their credentials are well developed.

We are seeking exceptionally committed, self-controlled, player-centric coaches, proficient in fundamental skill development, team development and individual player feedback. An ability to incorporate game sense drills and activities is vital.

Please note; We will not seek to make appointments of coaches in the year level of their own child’s involvement. As a preference, appointments will be made at the year level above, below or other gender. We do this to avoid any perception of conflict of interest.

So in a way they be the Collingwood Underage Teams?
Given the partnership is with League and not an individual club suggests the players will be dispersed amongst the clubs, which largely feed into the Oakleigh Chargers zone. Therefore the closest this will come to an underage team is via inter-league matches. We already have an alliance with Oakleigh, so this seems to be a formal expanding our development program/involvement into a younger age bracket.

Last edited:
Back