List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I made mention of Reef in my weekly wrap (see signature). Looks the goods for next year as a tall ball winning mid with a good all-around game.

I see you highlighted Jeremy Sharp........any comparison to Freos Hill Jnr?

That is the type we need on the wing IMO in 2020.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Why is he a NGA prospect?

Don't know his heritage.

I see you highlighted Jeremy Sharp........any comparison to Freos Hill Jnr?

That is the type we need on the wing IMO in 2020.

Sharp has some Jasper Pittard without the decision making issues. He'll inject a lot on the outside - whether off half-back or on a wing. No only brings the speed and takes on the game but also a damaging ball user. Playing WAFL League football. Finding the footy fine. Plenty of positive signs. Should go first round, probably 10-20 to guess at this stage.

Don't know his heritage.

Sharp has some Jasper Pittard without the decision making issues. He'll inject a lot on the outside - whether off half-back or on a wing. No only brings the speed and takes on the game but also a damaging ball user. Playing WAFL League football. Finding the footy fine. Plenty of positive signs. Should go first round, probably 10-20 to guess at this stage.
Interesting; wasn’t Pittard the one all the recruiters extolled for his decision making at draft camp? “Should be going for a coaching job” etc.? And now the pot on him is decision making... LOL.

SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS v. OAKLEIGH CHARGERS

Round 17 – 17/08/2019

3:00pm

Avalon Airport Oval – Werribee

OAKLEIGH CHARGERS

B: 49. H. Mastras, 36. R. Valentine, 34. V. Zagari

HB: 5. T. Bianco, 15. K. Schreiber, 23. D. Williams

C: 27. J. May, 12. L. Jenkins, 9. W. Phillips

HF: 8. N. Anderson, 25. J. Ugle-Hagan, 29. F. Macrae

F: 77. N. Stathopoulos, 73. C. Sharman, 61. C. Stone

R: 4. N. Bryan, 6. J. Lucas, 11. M. Rowell

Int: 18. F. Elliot, 22. T. Graham, 52. N. Guiney, 2. B. Laurie, 39. R. McInnes, 1. L. Westwood, 63. J. Woodfull

23P: 58. Y. Dib

In: J. Woodfull, N. Anderson, D. Williams, N. Bryan, J. Ugle-Hagan, C. Stone, B. Laurie, T. Bianco, W. Phillips, N. Guiney, K. Schreiber, M. Rowell, F. Macrae, Y. Dib

Out: H. Mundy, T. Furphy, A. Tassell, M. Emmett, J. Capetola, F. Maguire, C. Oglethorpe, S. Seach, T. Lovell, A. Lukic, J. Hindso

Reef and Dib playing who I think both are Pies NGA Prospects

Stream Game Here:

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Interesting; wasn’t Pittard the one all the recruiters extolled for his decision making at draft camp? “Should be going for a coaching job” etc.? And now the pot on him is decision making... LOL.

Pittard when pressured with ball in hand is well known for skill errors.

That doesn't mean he isn't a future coaching candidate or a great football mind.

Two entirely different things.

SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS v. OAKLEIGH CHARGERS

Round 17 – 17/08/2019

3:00pm

Avalon Airport Oval – Werribee

Reef and Dib playing who I think both are Pies NGA Prospects

Stream Game Here:

NAB League Grand Final preview. The clear two standout teams. There could be 20 future AFL footballers out there in that game.

Pittard when pressured with ball in hand is well known for skill errors.

That doesn't mean he isn't a future coaching candidate or a great football mind.

Two entirely different things.

NAB League Grand Final preview. The clear two standout teams. There could be 20 future AFL footballers out there in that game.
I wasn’t doubting your assessment, just bemused by the way perception of him has changed.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
I wasn’t doubting your assessment, just bemused by the way perception of him has changed.

I don’t remember that assessment myself because 10 years is getting a bit too far back, but as an aside that’s one element of recruiting that hasn’t improved. The ability to identify players that cope well under pressure remains possibly the biggest factor in all sports yet the susceptible types always slip through because they have talent. Only an observation, but I’d be looking at spy recruiters as consultants to help in this area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t seem to get much information from the club re our Academy kids.
Maybe the Club doesn’t want too much exposure (protecting them), to avoid the social media quagmire.
Let them grow up & play Footy (as kids) without the public spotlight & pressure that follows?
I’m visiting Melbourne this weekend (Caroline Springs), so may wander down to Werribee for a look see.

I don’t remember that assessment myself because 10 years is getting a bit too far back, but as an aside that’s one element of recruiting that hasn’t improved. The ability to identify players that cope well under pressure remains possibly the biggest factor in all sports yet the susceptible types always slip through because they have talent. Only an observation, but I’d be looking at spy recruiters as consultants to help in this area.

“The baby-faced teenager rocketed into first-round contention after impressing prospective clubs with his demeanour and game-specific knowledge in the draft camp interviews.

Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos joked about offering McMillan-Pittard an assistant coaching role, but the Vic Country representative said he would refrain from offering new coach Mark Williams any on-field advice - at least for the time being.

"I think we'll leave it at the playing career at the moment. I don't know. It looks pretty stressful being a coach," he said.”

https://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2009-11-30/mcmillanpittards-weighty-task

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/reef-mcinnes/
#21 Reef McInnes (Oakleigh Chargers)

The Collingwood NGA prospect looks to be another great find for the Magpies, and he had some sort of start to the game. McInnes was strong from the get-go, winning the very first clearance and working hard to impact a number of contests around the ground – he was involved in just about everything. His clean hands, strength in the contest, and tackling made him the dominant inside midfielder, but his spread and props in traffic bode well for a well-balanced game. McInnes was a little quieter as the game wore on, but racked up 24 disposals, nine tackles, six clearances, and four inside 50s.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Views are mixed on Sharp. I view him as a genuine first rounder. Others are saying late second. Would be a great get with the Pies first pick if available. Brings really speed with ball in hand and hurt factor by foot.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
We don’t seem to get much information from the club re our Academy kids.
Maybe the Club doesn’t want too much exposure (protecting them), to avoid the social media quagmire.
Let them grow up & play Footy (as kids) without the public spotlight & pressure that follows?
I’m visiting Melbourne this weekend (Caroline Springs), so may wander down to Werribee for a look see.
Adds a bit of unnecessary pressure for the lads I think. Plus there's always the chance the club doesn't take them. Imagine if the club had talked up Bailey Wraith pre-draft last year?

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Adds a bit of unnecessary pressure for the lads I think. Plus there's always the chance the club doesn't take them. Imagine if the club had talked up Bailey Wraith pre-draft last year?

Wraith couldn't get a touch in the TAC Cup last year. He was never a realistic chance.

No point as a club talking up your academy prospects until after they're drafted as there is no benefit to driving a prospect's value up or the hype-train.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So why are we talking about him in the Academy Thread?

Too quick Dave, I'd just edited my post to say he was 1 of the kids KM had flagged in the article he referenced earlier in the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back