List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Been in Sydney since he was 12. I hate Sydney just as much as anybody but he had the right to go to them.

So all the victorian kids that get drafted shouldn’t have to go interstate if they have lived in Victoria since 12 or earlier?

Yes but we really only have them School Holidays and only a Handful of Games where Swans have lot more
I think you’re overestimating how much time the Swans get vs us. Remember, we’re affiliated with Oakleigh now so we’ll be heavily involved in any NGA players coming through there in addition to their TAC development, which Sydney prospects don’t have. Also, it’s only the Daicos academy for FS prospects that goes during holidays iirc.

So all the victorian kids that get drafted shouldn’t have to go interstate if they have lived in Victoria since 12 or earlier?
Not sure why people are getting angsty over this anymore? We’re set to benefit from NGA almost as much as any team has benefited from the northern academies (besides maybe GWS) in the next year. Looking like 2 first round prospects in 3 years.
I don’t think that Academies should take precedence over F/S, but it’s not really worth getting worked up over in North/Brisbane’s behalf...

Not sure why people are getting angsty over this anymore? We’re set to benefit from NGA almost as much as any team has benefited from the northern academies (besides maybe GWS) in the next year. Looking like 2 first round prospects in 3 years.
I don’t think that Academies should take precedence over F/S, but it’s not really worth getting worked up over in North/Brisbane’s behalf...

I'm not worked up at all. Just replying to a post that was quoted about Blakey being all good to be collected by the swans because he has lived there since he was 12.

Regardless of who the other clubs end up with, it's hard not to be cynical and worry that if too many Quaynor-standard types end up "ours for the taking" that the system will be changed quite a bit!

At least with the bidding system it means clubs pay a (slightly discounted) fair market price these days. I think that and the fact other teams are benefiting will see the NGA's survive, even if they tweak the eligibility requirements over time.

Why is a Dogs Academy Kid playing for Oakleigh and not Western Jets?

Zones must be based on where they grew up (Warrnambool) whereas the TAC cup is based on where they currently live (Hawthorn). It's a quirk of the different rules.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, from Warrnambool but boarding at Melbourne's Scotch College and playing in the NAB League for Oakleigh Chargers, is being touted as high as a top-five draft pick in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but we not had him in our Teams until after the Draft where Swans had Blakey since he was about 12

We've been working with him since he was added to our academy.

2 Hours and 2 Minutes. Shortly after that.

I thought I did Tag the Time
Thanks Dave, you are indeed the Man.

Although I thought the goal was just ok.

Classic game TradeDraft when I clicked on it Dragons were up by 29 points 4 mins into the last qtr.
Oakleigh ended up winning!

I watched it live before the Collingwood Game and then saw the end afterwards. Massive Comeback by Chargers and the Game before that was won with a Goal after the Siren

Classic game TradeDraft when I clicked on it Dragons were up by 29 points 4 mins into the last qtr.
Oakleigh ended up winning!
Yes, I was there.
Starting heading to the exit 5 minutes into last Quarter.
By the time I reached the other side of the ground, Chargers had kicked 2, so I thought I would hang around a bit longer...then they kicked 4 more to win by 7points.
Kicked the last 6 goals.
Reef played ok, not dominant, yet displayed class around the ball when opportunities presented.
Good size, athletic, not afraid to mix it.
Dib, a small aggressive half forward, very quiet, took a heavy knock in 2nd Qtr.
The Doggies NGA (Jamarra) looks very promising, strong marking, quick, athletic tall forward.
He could be a beauty.
Many club recruiters with laptops, binoculars, note pads.
The Football standard was impressive.
Good game to watch.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back