List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lynch is a 22yr old ruckman. Came to the club in 2017 from soccer. Understandable he hasn’t played.
And Cameron has played 10 games of football (most of which were in 2020) and has shown he can play. You really think he is that bad and we have much better prospects???
No but i think we can find better prospects for the 2022 season

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I could see up to 8 with Mayne, Greenwood, Lynch, Thomas, C. Brown, Sier, Cameron, Madgen.
Then not sure what’s happening with Murphy if he’s a Farmer situation, bit of a concern he isn’t even on extended bench for practice games.
Cox will depend on how he performs this season + whether we can recruit a key forward in free agency

Without getting into specific names I reckon 4 senior list spots and 2 rookie spots are a possibility of retirement/delisting at the end of 2021

With the mid season draft it could be that our rookie list is fairly competitive and a bit of a revolving door for a while.

Players only getting 1 year to show something before the club makes a call on them cause they want the mid season list spots open so as to poach the in-form NAB and state league players

I think all the kids will get resigned, plus Thomas, Pendles, Noble, Cameron, the ones i think may not.

Seir - depends on the year he has. I'm hoping he finds his 2018 form.
Mayne/Greenwood - Depends if kids step up, which we really need to happen.
Lynch - mmm how much more do we invest in this kid? i understand he's a ruck/forward and they take time, he's played 1 horrible game and hasn't pushed for selection. But there is always 1 or 2 players on our list that everyone seems to talk up, but never amount to anything and end up being delisted, i'd put Murphy on that list. I hope they prove me wrong.

Murphy is up against too as I don't think the Club rates him very highly

riddick78

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy is up against too as I don't think the Club rates him very highly

They must of rated him at some stage, i was just reading on Murphys Wikipedia page and it said "Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine said the club considered selecting Murphy with pick 6 – their first selection, ultimately used to take 2018 AFL Rising Star Jaidyn Stephenson" i'm not sure if this is true or not. But wow. I'm confident another team will pick him up.

They must of rated him at some stage, i was just reading on Murphys Wikipedia page and it said "Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine said the club considered selecting Murphy with pick 6 – their first selection, ultimately used to take 2018 AFL Rising Star Jaidyn Stephenson" i'm not sure if this is true or not. But wow. I'm confident another team will pick him up.

We where very High on him in his Draft Year but I don't think they are that Excited anymore

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Believe those quotes at your peril, all recruiters talk bullshit to talk up their new recruits and boost their confidence

"we had him going a lot easier"

"we had him in our top 10"

Its all white noise designed to boost membership sales and give the kids confidence to make it in the system.

SchuPie

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Canucks
Believe those quotes at your peril, all recruiters talk bullshit to talk up their new recruits and boost their confidence

"we had him going a lot easier"

"we had him in our top 10"

Its all white noise designed to boost membership sales and give the kids confidence to make it in the system.
100% with you on this one
No matter what Eddie said on draft night, no matter Hine’s references to Murphy in later interviews, there is no way we were using pick 6 on him
Sure we really liked him but not at 6

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe but lot of Players we have Traded have never lived up to Expectations
As far as retention and trading of talent we’ve done pretty well. Kept Elliot, Moore, Degoey of late. . Thomas, Wellingham, lumumba were never the same after they left. Aish is serviceable for freo but will never be a star.Witts is prob the biggest one we let go that improved a LOt after leaving. But that’s hindsight

As far as retention and trading of talent we’ve done pretty well. Kept Elliot, Moore, Degoey of late. . Thomas, Wellingham, lumumba were never the same after they left. Aish is serviceable for freo but will never be a star.Witts is prob the biggest one we let go that improved a LOt after leaving. But that’s hindsight

Witts and Heater probably 2 Ones that Turned/STayed very Good while Aish showing he is a AFL Level Footballer but yeah the Rest where at Best Borderline 22 players for there Teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really can’t believe there hasn’t been a spot for Murphy. Really, if he was showing something he should have been ahead of Madgen. We have also had a forward line which has failed to score, so he could have been tried forward. So I think the kid is in a lot of trouble.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The one player that we haven’t heard much of is Rantall. With Ruscoe and Bianco seemingly moving ahead of him, it seems like he hasn’t even been close to being considered. Is he injured?

100% with you on this one
No matter what Eddie said on draft night, no matter Hine’s references to Murphy in later interviews, there is no way we were using pick 6 on him
Sure we really liked him but not at 6
I’m not so sure. He was invited to draft night, so there was at least one team who had him in their top 10. It could very well have been us.

SchuPie

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Canucks
I’m not so sure. He was invited to draft night, so there was at least one team who had him in their top 10. It could very well have been us.
Maybe - but can you imagine if we’d selected him over Naughton?!
Poor guy would have copped it no end - glad for his sake (and ours) he was picked where he was

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whilst I agree in some respects because of the names (we have a lot of meh contracted for 2022) that list is pretty standard. In any given year a third of your list is OOC and by my count 15 is there or thereabouts. After the list turnover of 2020 I don’t think we’ll be terribly busy this off season with my tip 3 draft picks and a couple of pro scout additions.

Billys Back this is make or break for Lynch at Collingwood. He had theee seasons on the rookie list and then signed a two year deal to go onto the senior list making this the final year of his contract. He may get lucky and be thrown a lifeline (I mean 200cm guys that are remotely athletic linger for ages these days), but he needs to show something to survive at Collingwood. Let’s be frank he showed nothing in his one match, was nowhere near it this pre-season, is one dimensional (ruck only) and is yet to have a breakout state league game. Other than being tall and from an alternative background what have you actually seen him do that gives you hope?
Yeah you’re probably on the money

Maybe - but can you imagine if we’d selected him over Naughton?!
Poor guy would have copped it no end - glad for his sake (and ours) he was picked where he was
I have a feeling Naugton was in the top 5 on our board. We were apparently very in to him too.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
I really can’t believe there hasn’t been a spot for Murphy. Really, if he was showing something he should have been ahead of Madgen. We have also had a forward line which has failed to score, so he could have been tried forward. So I think the kid is in a lot of trouble.
Laid back surfer kids don’t fit the robotic footy nuffy types that Bucks gets off on

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Putting this back on track after reading some pure crap above my post, got some good feedback about Dib and obviously Daics from some of the Oakleigh boys tonight, they can’t believe Pies luck picking up both of them in the same draft, saying Daics the biggest freak they’ve ever seen and Dib a very agile hard beast and developing very very well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Putting this back on track after reading some pure crap above my post, got some good feedback about Dib and obviously Daics from some of the Oakleigh boys tonight, they can’t believe Pies luck picking up both of them in the same draft, saying Daics the biggest freak they’ve ever seen and Dib a very agile hard beast and developing very very well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm looking forward to checking out some oakleigh games next month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back