List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone know what our zone is for multi cultural kids is, an u12 lad from northern metro region (keilor) ran the 200 in 25.12 today, which is beyond airborn for that age group.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
That was 2017 though, they hadn't split the draft nights yet. Were they still only inviting the ones expected to go high?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep in 2017 they had all top 10 picks up on stage to get a photo with their guernsey. So they made sure that anyone who could go top 10 was there.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Putting this back on track after reading some pure crap above my post, got some good feedback about Dib and obviously Daics from some of the Oakleigh boys tonight, they can’t believe Pies luck picking up both of them in the same draft, saying Daics the biggest freak they’ve ever seen and Dib a very agile hard beast and developing very very well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is fake news. Oakleigh only two years ago had Rowell and Anderson come through their system then followed up with JUH, but apparently a guy that’s never played for them is a bigger “freak” of a footballer...

Anyone know what our zone is for multi cultural kids is, an u12 lad from northern metro region (keilor) ran the 200 in 25.12 today, which is beyond airborn for that age group.

Keilor’s north west and aligned to the Jets so my assumption would be the Bulldogs. Our area is the private school system area in the inner east.

Last edited:
This is fake news. Oakleigh only two years ago had Rowell and Anderson come through their system then followed up with JUH, but apparently a guy that’s never played for them is a bigger “freak” of a footballer...
To be fair, none of those kids would have likely had the opportunity to play with any of Rowell, Anderson or JUH, so whilst the statement might be broadly inaccurate, it’s probably on the money that Nick is the best player they’ve encountered.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
But is that the club who have made those comments or just a few of the kids that are playing with both Daicos and Dibbs?

Anyway, it’s obvious Daicos can play and likely a top 5 pick. We are very lucky to be able to grab a kid who is talented purely because of F/S

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
To be fair, none of those kids would have likely had the opportunity to play with any of Rowell, Anderson or JUH, so whilst the statement might be broadly inaccurate, it’s probably on the money that Nick is the best player they’ve encountered.

But is that the club who have made those comments or just a few of the kids that are playing with both Daicos and Dibbs?

Anyway, it’s obvious Daicos can play and likely a top 5 pick. We are very lucky to be able to grab a kid who is talented purely because of F/S

It doesn’t add up to me that it came from kids within their program. Legend has been on this site a long time so is not a peer to kids currently going through the system and I find it tough to come up with a scenario where a bunch of 17-18yo’s would drop that to someone not in their age group.

I also assumed it came from someone within the program because legend has previously hinted at having that type of connection (not necessarily that Oakleigh connection). I personally think that coming from a kid it holds as much weight as you or I saying it. Either way it’s not accurate.

I do agree Billy he looks a top 5 talent and I’m in no way talking him down. I’m just not a fan of potting people for decent discussion only to then go and post fake news.

Last edited:
It doesn’t add up to me that it came from kids within their program. Legend has been on this site a long time so is not a peer to kids currently going through the system and I find it tough to come up with a scenario where a bunch of 17-18yo’s would drop that to someone not in their age group.

I also assumed it came from someone within the program because legend has previously hinted at having that type of connection (not necessarily that Oakleigh connection). I personally think that coming from a kid it holds as much weight as you or I saying it. Either way it’s not accurate.

I do agree Billy he looks a top 5 talent and I’m in no way talking him down. I’m just not a fan of potting people for decent discussion only to then go and post fake news.
LS mentioned recently that he has a nephew(?) playing for the chargers this year, so in context it actually does add up.

No idea how you can be confident either way. Kids aren't always just talking solely from their own observations and calculations. They might be repeating the sentiment of coaches - who've seen a lot come through.

As always with youngsters - it's just a wait and see.

From someone that has seen him training... He's something special. The way he moves, the kind of things he can do with the football in hand not many can do.
The exciting thing for us who haven't seen him is that the hype can't just be the surname, as his brother had no hype and looks bloody good.

The exciting thing for us who haven't seen him is that the hype can't just be the surname, as his brother had no hype and looks bloody good.
And he sure isn't just his surname. He definitely has some skills. Composure and has a good goal sense. Physically more mature than Josh was too in his draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he sure isn't just his surname. He definitely has some skills. Composure and has a good goal sense. Physically more mature than Josh was too in his draft year.
So he should be. He only missed last years draft by a week.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
LS mentioned recently that he has a nephew(?) playing for the chargers this year, so in context it actually does add up.
That is 100% correct but I am loathed to say too much given they all read BF, not to overplay his chances and embarrass the kid but every time I meet with them (and him) the words used to describe N Dacs in particular, is something you dont normally hear, its also how the boys parents describe him - yes time will tell but I was really thrilled to hear some of the comments on Dib as well, note: I dont know much about Dib so their words not mine, but 100% true. I think first game is just after Easter so cant wait to check them all out, really hope by boy makes it as well!

That is 100% correct but I am loathed to say too much given they all read BF, not to overplay his chances and embarrass the kid but every time I meet with them (and him) the words used to describe N Dacs in particular, is something you dont normally hear, its also how the boys parents describe him - yes time will tell but I was really thrilled to hear some of the comments on Dib as well, note: I dont know much about Dib so their words not mine, but 100% true. I think first game is just after Easter so cant wait to check them all out, really hope by boy makes it as well!
We don’t want Dib to be too good this year, he makes it inside the top 20 and we’ve lost him!

Fixture out yet?
First 3 games.

Round 1. Oakleigh v Sandringham @ RSEA Park Monday April 5th @ 2pm
Round 2. Oakleigh v Easten Ranges @ Preston Oval Saturday April 10th 1:30pm
Round 3. Oakleigh v Western Jets @ Avalon Airport oval (Werribee) Sat April 17th (No time set)

Ive spoken to Cal Twomey and he doesn't think he'll go inside top 20. Outside 30 more like it.
Sub 175cm non-mids don't often go top 20? Might be the occasional dazzling indigenous kid who fits the bill, - maybe Shai Bolton?, but not many. I think we're pretty safe and will get him if we want him. But then again I haven't seen him play and he could be a freakish exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back