Collingwood and Buckley - Finals bound in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Back to back wins and a favourable draw has opened up the season very well for Pies & Bucks { not a bad name for a corner store }

I didn't realise how ludicrous this is that they play 7 of the next 8 games at the MCG, and of their remaining fixtures, travel interstate just three times. Just two games outside of Victoria in 14 odd weeks stretching back to the Cats game up until the 2nd last game with Port.

In any case 3 of their next 4 opponents are Fremantle, Carlton and the Gold Coast at the G and Melbourne lie waiting after the dockers clash. Good on Buckley and Co for all the stick they copped the last few years.

What can we expect from the Pies in 2018. Are they a flag threat? Or are they just making up the numbers?

Back to back wins and a favourable draw has opened up the season very well for Pies & Bucks { not a bad name for a corner store }

I didn't realise how ludicrous this is that they play 7 of the next 8 games at the MCG, and of their remaining fixtures, travel interstate just three times. Just two games outside of Victoria in 14 odd weeks stretching back to the Cats game up until the 2nd last game with Port.

In any case 3 of their next 4 opponents are Fremantle, Carlton and the Gold Coast at the G and Melbourne lie waiting after the dockers clash. Good on Buckley and Co for all the stick they copped the last few years.

What can we expect from the Pies in 2018. Are they a flag threat? Or are they just making up the numbers?
Not a flag threat ATM but We're in a great position to make finals.

OP comes across as a bit of whinge about the draw.

Geelong has the same amount of games outside Victoria as the Pies in case you weren't aware.

If you want to complain about the fixture have a look at the Tigers gifted run.

OP comes across as a bit of whinge about the draw.

Geelong has the same amount of games outside Victoria as the Pies in case you weren't aware.

If you want to complain about the fixture have a look at the Tigers gifted run.
Also, his own team requests to have a home game against us the G, as do all Victorian clubs, so it isn't our fault.

As far as reverse jinxes go, this one is as obvious as it is poorly timed. Had this been posted in R15 or 16 they would have been primed for a late season fade, but this is way to early for it to take effect.

Had a look at their draw too, its very kind.

Double ups include Essendon, Freo, Carlton and Brisbane. They've already pinched an away game at Adelaide which is hard to do. Get GWS (L), Port, Geelong, Roos, Eagles all once at the MCG.

Should play finals, although aside from the Adelaide game I don't think they've been hugely impressive to this stage. Lots of players in form though so if they keep winning who knows how far they can get.

Had a look at their draw too, its very kind.

Double ups include Essendon, Freo, Carlton and Brisbane. They've already pinched an away game at Adelaide which is hard to do. Get GWS (L), Port, Geelong, Roos, Eagles all once at the MCG.

Should play finals, although aside from the Adelaide game I don't think they've been hugely impressive to this stage. Lots of players in form though so if they keep winning who knows how far they can get.
We've clearly improved from last year, and we only missed the 8 by 2 games +% iirc, still a long way to go but we should win 3 of the next 4, do that and We'll play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not been paying attention this year, have you.

Been paying close enough attention over the past 6 years to come to that conclusion. Eventually he was going to get a few wins and even make a final or two after destroying that 2010/11 ready-made Malthouse team. Good for him and Collingwood for playing well this year. However, Collingwood will not win a flag under Buckley.

Finished in the bottom 6 last year.
Haven’t played finals for 4 years.
Gets a favourable draw.
Yes, that’s exactly what you should expect.
Move on.

Why? It’s an AFL forum where you discuss footy. The pies are finally playing good footy and it’s being recognised.

I think they’ll make the 8. A finals win or two would be a big tick for Bucks and co.

Why? It’s an AFL forum where you discuss footy. The pies are finally playing good footy and it’s being recognised.

I think they’ll make the 8. A finals win or two would be a big tick for Bucks and co.
Your missing my point.
The OP was commenting about our favourable draw. He even described it as “ludicrous”.
Teams who finish bottom 6 will get a favourable draw the next year. That’s AFL fixturing policy.
That’s why I stated “move on”.
You can discuss our playing form all day - but our ‘bottom 6’ draw is done & dusted.

Your missing my point.
The OP was commenting about our favourable draw. He even described it as “ludicrous”.
Teams who finish bottom 6 will get a favourable draw the next year. That’s AFL fixturing policy.
That’s why I stated “move on”.
You can discuss our playing form all day - but our ‘bottom 6’ draw is done & dusted.

Fair enough, I did misjudge your post. I agree though, you can only play who you are scheduled to play!

Been paying close enough attention over the past 6 years to come to that conclusion. Eventually he was going to get a few wins and even make a final or two after destroying that 2010/11 ready-made Malthouse team. Good for him and Collingwood for playing well this year. However, Collingwood will not win a flag under Buckley.

He was always a young project coach with all the right characteristics and he is coming good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back