Coach Collingwood and Buckley - time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Heard

Premiership Player
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
What a total unmitigated disaster Buckley and Ed have created at Collingwood. Both will go down in history as the two together who ####ed the club up bigly.

Sack him and just get Pendlebury to captain coach the rest of season.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"When they were trying to woo Nathan Buckley to North Melbourne, they went to meet Nathan Buckley in his hotel room," Darce said.

"(North Melbourne coach) Denis Pagan, his version of the story is that - and I find this hard to believe - was lying on his bed eating an apple, and didn't get up from his bed to shake Denis Pagan's hand.
Sounds like something Pagan would've used as a pre match rev up when playing the pies. Pretty sure there's a healthy dollop of mayo on that apple

beema limapep

67, 69, 73, 74, 80, 17, 19, 20
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Encapsulates the AFL in general
The Pies need a complete clean out of anyone that encouraged or supported the exit strategy of Treloar and co, that’s the only way to save the team and clubs soul. As soon as players are treated like stock the bond between the players and club is gone.
Exactly.

Altum Volantes

92 - 94 - 06 - 18
Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder where the leak from Collingwood re. DeGoey getting a spray from senior team mates is coming from.

Loose lips, sink ships etc - Eddie will be furious his media mates are dining out on that..

Unless...

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The Pies need a complete clean out of anyone that encouraged or supported the exit strategy of Treloar and co, that’s the only way to save the team and clubs soul. As soon as players are treated like stock the bond between the players and club is gone.
One of the few sports in the world the AFL where loyalty still kinda remains between club and player. Would hate the AFL to become sport where players get sold/brought all the time like in the Premier League.

Jazny

Watching the Sunset
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmanian Jack Jumpers
So if whoever that guy from West Coast was that kicked that amazing goal from the boundary missed his shot, and Buckley had a premiership, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. It's dumb.

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So if whoever that guy from West Coast was that kicked that amazing goal from the boundary missed his shot, and Buckley had a premiership, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. It's dumb.
Yes we wouldn't as Collingwood would not have screwed their salary cap to get Beams back, and Buckley would not have shown his true colours when trying to turf Treloar.

The Dougster

Debutant
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't Bucks spurn North in the early 90s? Would be a lovely bit of symmetry if they were the team that ultimately saw him get the flick.
Can see it happening too, Cunnington looks to (finally) be in good shape and their forward line is starting to click. Pitchforks at dawn
Stuck his nose up at North a couple of times. Gun footballer but never been an admirer of the persona. Don't really enjoy seeing coaches struggle through the media when fighting for their livelihood though.

I can't see us winning because of our inability to run out a game but Nathan probably won't be there if we do win.

Carringbush2010

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I have another reason.

So the media can stop talking about ******* Collingwood.

17 other clubs, dweebs. Dees on top of the ladder for first time in 16 years, a really close race for the top in talent, a battle for 8th where you can make a case for 5 taking the slot, but the refrain is constantly ******* Buckley, ******* Collingwood. It’s exhausting and I’m not even in Melbourne!
Couldn't agree more, now everyone hates us - not for success but for taking over what should be positive news. It's an embarrassment, and all the clubs fault.

And they have the nerve to try and polish what is a turd and sell it to us fans as something better, like we're all a bunch of 5 yo. Talk about insulting!

I'd personally like to go down to that shithole Holden Centre, line up all those responsible, and shove a pineapple so far up their ass that they'd poke some one in the eye every time they speak.

Bunch of ****s!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carringbush2010

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Fine lines,

Examples ad nauseum throughout the history of the league - that's the gig. Bathe in success or Cop it for not.............. no matter how close.

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Couldn't agree more, now everyone hates us - not for success but for taking over what should be positive news. It's an embarrassment, and all the clubs fault.

And they have the nerve to try and polish what is a turd and sell it to us fans as something better, like we're all a bunch of 5 yo. Talk about insulting!

I'd personally like to go down to that shithole Holden Centre, line up all those responsible, and shove a pineapple so far up their ass that they'd poke some one in the eye every time they speak.

Bunch of ****s!
Very honest post by a supporter that is not sucked into their lies

Dude your club screw the emotions of its supporters the most and i really dont know how you guys deal with it.
Almost enough to give up following footy.

Remove this Banner Ad