Coach Collingwood and Buckley - time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah like I got time to do that, that's how it came. You want me to find the one where we beat you in 3 Grand Finals in a row on the way to 4 in a row?

View attachment 1132945

Weeeeeeeeeeee

Makes me feel less rediculous about my user name. Used to think that It showed too much that we were hanging on past success to compensate for lack of current success. Remember watching 1980 that day and enjoying the whole thing but that wouldnt compare to the enjoyment you had during those 3.

Wasnt having a go at you or Collingwood actually. Was just curious as to whether 2018 was a worse year for Carlton that year than others given the size of the spoon. Wondered if you knew even if it came that way.

On topic again. One year of improvement out of 10. Surely other ten year coaches would have had at least 3 or 4 you would think. Must be some kind of record and I cant believe that the pies wouldnt want to find that horse whisperer that will set DeGoey and other stars (which you do have) alight.

Last edited:
As for this thread the great man will move on when the great man decides to

Having won the 2010 Premiership for us as forward coach developing the forward press game plan that finally took advantage of Malthouse's impersonation of Ross Lyon he can walk whenever the * he likes! and I for one will lay down a bed of fresh roses wherever his divine feet may touch to speed him on his way, no doubt to cure cancer or some such other affliction of mankind

As for this thread the great man will move on when the great man decides to

Having won the 2010 Premiership for us as forward coach developing the forward press game plan that finally took advantage of Malthouse's impersonation of Ross Lyon he can walk whenever the fu** he likes! and I for one will lay down a bed of fresh roses wherever his divine feet may touch to speed him on his way, no doubt to cure cancer or some such other affliction of mankind

lol.

Amidst the current unhappiness at the Pies, Buckley emerges as the only winner. The current Board and Wright are backing an extension (minimum one year) and the Browne/McGuire/Kelly putsch will almost certainly give him a very long contract.

Is this good for fans, players and members going forward? Now there are some (like you) who believe Buckley is a fantastic coach and that setbacks on the field over 10 years (bar 2018) including the current malaise are entirely due to factors beyond his control.

No doubt he does not sign the contracts. No doubt he does not call the names out on draft night. No doubt he does not lead the insistence on the Club's history of picking high numbers of father/son selections at the draft (some have been great, eg Moore and 1/3 Clokes, but most have been a bust). No doubt he was not the instigator of the Club's antipathy to losing Beams and paying massive overs to bring him back.

However (beyond the Mayne deal) he undoubtedly was involved in every discussion and decision.

He has been unfairly characterised as figjam but I do think he had a crack at toning it down. In the heat of the past 9 months the cracks have emerged. His public comments on Treloar were appalling. Even his behaviour at his presser post the Swans was instructive. He was celebrating a tactical win in the First quarter and then distanced himself from his players. He was almost smug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best media spin coach in the business like Eddie talking about wins and losses is irrelevant and had three pretty good years playing finals but resetting now. Bucks says there under performing and the young boys are having a crack and the senior players have been amazing omg. He Sticking with playing the same defensive game style that doesn't work anymore. Just a walking talking media spin contradiction shifting the goal posts to suit his agenda trying to look good. If your resetting you don't rush Taylor Adams back or Roughead if wins are irrelevant (bucks own words) to go drop resetting kids while playing spuds like Chris Mayne and Josh Thomas just to get a win to take media pressure off your coaching. Delusional media spin lies as he wants to coach his own kid's at Collingwood in 3 year's is the goal.

Oh I wouldn't worry about Bucks, he's a *en magician if his new gf is anything to go by

d287ab4883e12387eb495c3821731447.jpg

So the theory that the money that Eddie used to bail out Beams gambling debts was added to Collingwood Salary cap makes sense now.
So sounds like Collingwood decided to clear it all in one off season? Maybe threatened with sanctions by the AFL if they didn’t.
So Eddie has cost Buckley his job,

Last edited:
Bucks press conference will probably be we were leading and in it the whole game against a top 8 side but ran out of legs in the last quarter. Bucks will probably say the slow slow slow chip chip chip game style is fine but forget to mention it failed from 30 points in front at quarter time.
Just like it did against Brisbane, just like it did against against Sydney......

His gameplan is the reason we are losing games we should have won. Sooner he gets the boot, the better off the club will be. However it seems the morons inside the club seem to have other ideas, and if so the rest of the AFL teams and supporters will be rejoicing as the club will be in the depths of despair for many many years to come.

Bucks press conference will probably be we were leading and in it the whole game against a top 8 side but ran out of legs in the last quarter. Bucks will probably say the slow slow slow chip chip chip game style is fine but forget to mention it failed from 30 points in front at quarter time.
So he could of just replayed the presser from the 2018 granny and a dozen games since

Can anyone validate what I’ve heard?

Apparently Round 11 is the one with the highest coach sackings, and Geelong is the team who’ve caused the most sackings of AFL coaches in the modern era.

Would love to see if these two stats are true.

Round 11 this weekend vs the Cats should be interesting for the Pies/Buckley. Especially if Saturday afternoon, we’ve come off a 100 point drubbing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back