Coach Collingwood and Buckley - time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re learning (some of them), seems on footy classified they realise he has no real power now.
It’s going to take time for it to click though.

Stupid question, but why didn't Collingwood sign a Ben Brown or a Jesse Hogan for low coin?

Are they that skint/compromised by appaulingly thought out contracts?

The mind shudders. List managers should be frog marched out of the place.

The thing I don't get is that the media is still talking about what a great guy Buckley is. Did they not see what happened late last year where Buckley was caught lying to one of his players by saying the playing group did not like him in order to make him feel as uncomfortable as possible and force said player to request a trade? How can anyone say that Buckley is a good/honourable person after that?

The thing I don't get is that the media is still talking about what a great guy Buckley is. Did they not see what happened late last year where Buckley was caught lying to one of his players by saying the playing group did not like him in order to make him feel as uncomfortable as possible and force said player to request a trade? How can anyone say that Buckley is a good/honourable person after that?

Well Wayne Carey is a good bloke
Jobe Watson is a good bloke
Hirdy is a good bloke
Andy D had a misunderstanding about his notes
Chris Scott is a likeable fella
And on it goes......

Watched a bit of the Sunday footy show and wow did they defend Bucks hard (except for Lloyd to his credit). Mega boys club.
Encapsulates the AFL in general

Stupid question, but why didn't Collingwood sign a Ben Brown or a Jesse Hogan for low coin?

Are they that skint/compromised by appaulingly thought out contracts?

The mind shudders. List managers should be frog marched out of the place.

Ben brown is old on a decent contract with a broken down body, hogan doesn’t want to play footy in Victoria until the media spotlight...

also, we’re rebuilding so don’t really need old players...

Good tennis player evidently

Is Bucks a better coach than Brad Scott? Simon Goodwin? Chris Connolly? Neale Daniher? Rodney Eade? Leon Cameron? Etc.
History will show he isn't. None of those took over a premiership team in the window to inflate the W/L column either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have another reason.

So the media can stop talking about ******* Collingwood.

17 other clubs, dweebs. Dees on top of the ladder for first time in 16 years, a really close race for the top in talent, a battle for 8th where you can make a case for 5 taking the slot, but the refrain is constantly ******* Buckley, ******* Collingwood. It’s exhausting and I’m not even in Melbourne!

I have another reason.

So the media can stop talking about ******* Collingwood.

17 other clubs, dweebs. Dees on top of the ladder for first time in 16 years, a really close race for the top in talent, a battle for 8th where you can make a case for 5 taking the slot, but the refrain is constantly ******* Buckley, ******* Collingwood. It’s exhausting and I’m not even in Melbourne!

The Eddie effect. Remember the 90s when people watched The Footy Show? He was the host, he became Collingwood president and every Pies game was a BLOCKBUSTER they spent 10 minutes talking about. Just ignore the fact that from 1995 to 2001 they didn't even make the finals once...

People just need to take a step back and realise they are just another club. They're not even the biggest fish in their own fishbowl any more.

If the Pies were 7-0 (not far off 0-7) the hype would be unbearable.

Watched a bit of the Sunday footy show and wow did they defend Bucks hard (except for Lloyd to his credit). Mega boys club.

Then watched a bit of AFL360 and saw Robbo pleading to "sign Bucks up for two years and move forward". Then complained about the media spending 10 minutes on another show talking about Buckley while spending 10 minutes talking about Buckley. I gather insight and self awareness are not required skills in the media.

"When they were trying to woo Nathan Buckley to North Melbourne, they went to meet Nathan Buckley in his hotel room," Darce said.

"(North Melbourne coach) Denis Pagan, his version of the story is that - and I find this hard to believe - was lying on his bed eating an apple, and didn't get up from his bed to shake Denis Pagan's hand.
Sounds like something Pagan would've used as a pre match rev up when playing the pies. Pretty sure there's a healthy dollop of mayo on that apple

Encapsulates the AFL in general
The Pies need a complete clean out of anyone that encouraged or supported the exit strategy of Treloar and co, that’s the only way to save the team and clubs soul. As soon as players are treated like stock the bond between the players and club is gone.
Exactly.

Wonder where the leak from Collingwood re. DeGoey getting a spray from senior team mates is coming from.

Loose lips, sink ships etc - Eddie will be furious his media mates are dining out on that..

Unless...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back